PDA

View Full Version : V8 260 - Rear ABS reluctor rings

Paul#369
23-05-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm trying to identify the rear ABS reluctor rings fitted to our rear drive shaft outer joints?
So far I've managed to identify the MGR Part No: TDC000270 for the drive-shaft units, which I would bet are OE BMW parts, so one possibility is a cross-over to a readily available BMW part, either OE or after-market, but I could be wrong, advice please.
The reluctor rings are the punched steel ladder ring type, rather than the castellated type and I'm hoping some one has previously identified them on the forum and can provide the measurements of the ring or even a part no:/supplier with this information it'll be relatively easy to identify a potential supplier for everyone to use in the future ;)

SCP440
23-05-2018, 06:30 PM
The one listed for a ZT on this page is the correct one
http://www.reluctorrings.com/cars/rover
We had this discussion a few months ago.

Steve

David
23-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Maybe Paul, not being a fully signed up member (yet), didn't have access to the thread?

David

Nich
23-05-2018, 07:22 PM
It looks like Paul joined 4 years ago but hasn't managed to get his questionnaire back to Tim.

If you are reading this Paul it's time to get full membership by returning your questionnaire or asking for a new one. All of the information you need is on our full site.

Nich.

David
23-05-2018, 08:12 PM
It looks like Paul joined 4 years ago but hasn't managed to get his questionnaire back to Tim.

If you are reading this Paul it's time to get full membership by returning your questionnaire or asking for a new one. All of the information you need is on our full site.

Nich. On FB a lot apparently, but never once here. The reluctor ring problem elicited no answer there, as far a I can see.

David

damienp
14-01-2019, 09:23 PM
How do these rings fit?

David
14-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Not an answer to your question, but a tip with regard to getting suitable new reluctor ring(s), if indeed that ends up being necessary. See this thread; as usual most relevant posts are towards the end of the thread.
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?17225-Reluctor-rings

David

SCP440
14-01-2019, 10:01 PM
How do these rings fit?

They just need tapping on. If you still have the old one you can use that or if not a metal punch can be used with care

Carefully Check the diameter as corrosion can make them expand so machining might be needed.

Steve

damienp
14-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Not an answer to your question, but a tip with regard to getting suitable new reluctor ring(s), if indeed that ends up being necessary. See this thread; as usual most relevant posts are towards the end of the thread.
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?17225-Reluctor-rings

David

Thanks David. As if 260 life isn't hard enough already......

damienp
14-01-2019, 10:06 PM
They just nerd tapping on. If you still have the old one you can use that or if not a metal punch can be used with care

Carefully Check the diameter as corrosion can make them expand so machining might be needed.

Steve

Thanks Steve.
Where's that swear box.