PDA

View Full Version : ZT260 rear subframe

TVRJAS
02-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Can you tell me if there is anywhere to get a new or refurbished rear subframe for a mk2 260
I had heard that there is a company who offer an exchange deal but cannot find any information on this

Thanks

bernard lpg
02-05-2018, 07:25 PM
In the club E-shop, I believe.

Nich
02-05-2018, 07:49 PM
You need to be a full member to access the club's eshop John. Return your questionnaire to Tim to get full membership and a whole world awaits you.

Nich.

Tim
02-05-2018, 10:05 PM
As Nich says John. Member service and we'll need the old one before Dom sends out the replacement.

David
06-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Uncommon it is not. Rather strange. Some are terrible on lowish mileage, and others, like mine AOK after 200k !

A caveate is that the state of the tubular cross piece is not necessarilly obvious from looking at the outside. Rot can silently work away inside unseen.

David

Tim
06-10-2018, 07:44 PM
If you drop Dom (domnic22) a PM he can give you the current state of play John. We've been looking for a few to refurb as our stock disappeared. We've done a couple on drop off and return, but Dom can up date you.

David
15-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Can you remove the subframe, without separating the brakes from the half shafts and brake lines? Just trying to save myself some time.

Tempted to hand over the job to a garage.
For once I would say "give in to temptation" !

Nick has all the sub-frame bolts, as he would have told you. Watch the torque settings; not all the same.

David

colintf
15-02-2019, 08:34 PM
David you could be right. Think Austin Garages is too far away and Nick probably has a waiting list. Tried phoning on all numbers, will try again.

Nick is well worth the wait, and if customers travel over from France / Germany / Holland etc then he can't be too far away for you :) please remember Nick can be at the workshop alone, under a car when the phone rings, and no doubt will get back to you in time. It's worth the wait, just give them some time :) :)

Zt pony
19-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Can you tell me if there is anywhere to get a new or refurbished rear subframe for a mk2 260
I had heard that there is a company who offer an exchange deal but cannot find any information on this

Thanks

The MGOC WORKSHOP ..perform an “ in situ “ Refurbishment of the Rear Suframes ...where they cut out the infamous curved Tubing..weld in new Tubing ..and refurb any other parts that need doing.

The MGOC refurb is a proper Job..very well done . Nick ( Austin?s ) recommends this MGOC Refurb.

Nick ..can supply any/ all Bushes etc ..IF these were needed .