PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Sunroof Motor ZT

Jules
28-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Hi
I need a Sunroof motor[8D] or just the brush assemly end ( all the plastic melted in mine) So much for all the amazing current sensing surface mount electronics in these motors!

I suspect the current sensing only works during the closing direction to prevent trapped fingers etc, my better half burnt mine out during the opening phase. (god knows how she managed it but she did:()

So any info welcome these motors are hellishly expensive new.
Cheers

v8fangio
16-03-2007, 07:17 AM
mine stuck open in tilt position , motor ok but think electronics maybe at fault, will let sunroof company take a look, as electrician said it may need reprogramming-if thats possible with our model:(

bigsteve
20-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi

I have a spare sunroof motor, offers please but based on the fact they are £290 new.
cheers

Steve

Jules
20-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Cheers Steve I got one from your recommendation ....Rover Breakers (they sent it next day)
I did have a search/request registered with them but that was 6 months ago so I guess it expired.

Then in the depths of the winter I just forgot I needed a motor till you emailsed me!
For anyone else who requires any part "Rover Breakers" run an expeptional mail order service and if they don't have stock at time of your enquirey you get a reference number and they alert you by email when part comes in! Just great.

Steve thanks again
PS Hope you havn't thrown your duff motor away. I could give you something towards the actual motor piece???? Let me know Jules