PDA

View Full Version : R75 V8 Stainless steel grille surround

RattyB
29-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Anyone have a R75 V8 stainless steel grill surround, complete with all it's bolt fixings on the back? At some point someone has chopped all the proper fixings off mine and decided to crudely stick the surround back on with sticky fixers and velco.

David
29-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Anyone have a R75 V8 stainless steel grill surround, complete with all it's bolt fixings on the back? At some point someone has chopped all the proper fixings off mine and decided to crudely stick the surround back on with sticky fixers and velco.
AndyG knows how to glue the fixings back on IIRC (PM him?).
Also there was a guy who was making and selling new stainless fittings on the other site. I'll TRY and find it for you.

David

David
29-12-2016, 05:34 PM

... Also there was a guy who was making and selling new stainless fittings on the other site. I'll TRY and find it for you.

Here you go :
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90844&highlight=premium
I think that's Jeremy Smith ( Jeremy.Smith@marinelightinguk.com ) who sells the rear light gaskets and the excellent wheel centre cap badges too.

David

RattyB
29-12-2016, 05:58 PM
Cheers David - I had no idea they were only held on with epoxy - I assumed they would have big tig welded, but then again this is Longbridge we're talking about. I have all of my fixings and I'm trying Plastic Padding Super Steel epoxy weld to re-attach them. Await update.....

I have a set of Jeremy's wheel cap badges, and they are indeed excellent!

David
29-12-2016, 06:43 PM
... I'm trying Plastic Padding Super Steel epoxy weld to re-attach them...
Certainly sounds impressive !

Don't give MGR too much agro if they bonded them. To weld them would be difficult without distorting the surround, even slightly, at the weld point which would always be unsightly. That's why the end point bolt thread fittings on the waist trims are bonded I suspect.
Of course you should always use high grade SS fittings then anyway; you could blame MGR for not doing that!

David