PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Rover 75 V8 Transmission Cooler

SamR380
12-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Hi,

My 75 is in for service and they've found a small crack in the transmission cooler. I'm looking for a replacement or any information towards where I can get one, were they used on any other vehicle?

Thanks

Dominic22
12-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Hi Sam

Do you mean this part http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mg-zt-diesel-rover-75-diesel-automatic-gearbox-cooler-specials-4x4-/321489120611?hash=item4ada3ead63:g:~FgAAOSw7NNT6NT y. Where is the crack?

SamR380
20-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Hi Dominic,

Thanks for your response. My car is at the garage and they discovered the fault, I haven't actually seen the part and I don't know exactly how it looks. From the way they describe it though it sounds like an air-oil cooler rather than a water cooled one. Apparently mine has a crack or pinhole somewhere which is weeping ATF, meaning dirt is sticking to it and filling the cooling fins.

I know Rimmers show that diesel transmission cooler as the correct part but that doesn't fit with the garage's description. I'll ask them to send me a photo, it's a three hour round trip otherwise I'd go myself for a better look.