PDA

View Full Version : Battery Dead - How Do You Open the Boot?

ZEDMAN
21-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Battery is dead, HOW do you get into the boot to replace the battery?:confused:

Jez Marsh
21-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Depends. My ztt needed me to open driver door manually with key. Fold down back seat, pop off piece of lining that covers the emergency boot release cable.

Hope you get lucky.

SCP440
21-03-2016, 07:49 AM
I don't know if this is the correct way but under the bonnet there is a connection from the battery on the nearside inner wing near the front, you could put a set of jump leads on that and use the engine as the earth.

Steve

David
21-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Battery is dead, HOW do you get into the boot to replace the battery?:confused:
If you can't get to the release cable or its bust(!) then you can do what AndyG shows you in the final post and pic. here:
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?10580-Boot-release-on-ZT_T-260SE&highlight=tailgate

ZEDMAN
22-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Hi and thanks for responses. I did manage to open by putting jump leads onto alternator live feed and earth to body. New battery now fitted. Once again thanks to all who responded, hope it gets someone out of a mess in the future.
Cheers
Simon

David
22-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Hi and thanks for responses. I did manage to open by putting jump leads onto alternator live feed and earth to body. New battery now fitted. Once again thanks to all who responded, hope it gets someone out of a mess in the future.
Cheers
Simon

Glad it all helped you out. That's what we are here for. One for all, all for one !

P.S. Tip: All of my (many) battery problems were eventually solved by getting a new alternator (Remy 110A from RockAuto). Since then everything battery-wise has been resolved. Same battery. Just that the regular, albeit old, 105A alternator couldn't cope with headlights, heated rear-screen, wipers, blower etc. .

David.