PDA

View Full Version : MK1 #32 xPower Grey Saloon SE Supercharged for sale, 12 month MOT ;)

Merl
07-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Selling with great regret my Mk1 ZT400 SE with extra?s.
I vowed I would never sell this car but due to my health deteriorating and requiring ankle joint replacements in both my ankles I need to switch to an automatic.... I have already got an automatic replacement so not looking at part exchanging before anyone asks....

I have virtually all the parts to return this car back to factory except for an amp and the central exhaust system which can be picked up easily enough
All the SE usual spec plus:

Electric height adjustable passenger seat.
Rare Green alcantara upholstery (original even rarer Black Alcantara included).
Cruise control (Retrofit but with original parts and the only Mk1 to have it).
Retrofit rear electric sunblind.
Custom dashboard with gauges (see pictures and further description). Original dash included.
Pioneer double din stereo with a proper albeit aftermarket double din faceplate, means any aftermarket double din can be fitted.
White led lights on the switch gear to match the dash as it is a Mk1.
MG7 Rear Lights.
Retrofit Power fold Mirrors.
xPower Exhausts.
19? Wheels with 255 tyres for extra grip.
Custom 2.5 inch stainless steel dual piped exhaust system.
VHS suspension kit.
Kenne Bell Supercharger and New Engine fitted less than 20k miles ago.
It has just had a new Battery, a big C service and 12month MOT put on the car.

Here are more bits in detail and too much to mention really but the big jobs and well known jobs that have been done are:

Fuel clip replacement 11/2009 - Austins

Cruise control retrofitted: 08/2010 - The only Mk1 to have this. For some reason this car had the wiring loom for Cruise Control so all genuine parts were obtained except for the bracket holding the cruise control module (ZR Horn bracket I think) and the cruise control cable (Ford mustang LHD cable so genuine part just longer than the RHD part but works fine).

Kenne Bell Supercharger & New Engine ? 03/2011 - Dreadnought - Original engine blew up on the rolling road when it was being tested. Dreadnought very graciously supplied and fitted a new Engine which was painstakingly (try keeping your car to 3000 rpm when you know it has a supercharger fitted) broken in by myself.
New Clutch
New Starter Solenoid All replaced at around 42,500 miles

Front Discs & Pads - 42918miles - 08/2011 - Austins
Rear sunblind fitted

Reconditioned Sub frame (enamelled) 05/2012 - Austins
New Rear Discs and Pads - 47674miles
New Handbrake Cables

xPower Exhausts

VHS suspension kit

4 New tyres ? 255/35R19 Uniroyal Rainsport ? 07/2013 ? Halfords - Currently at 6mm rear and 7mm front

Temperature distribution valve (not the known one but another one behind the dash) 08/2013 - Austins

Air con compressor & Condenser, Cooling Fan ? 04/2015 - Compressortech/Motorclimate UK

I also had the vehicle Waxyoiled in 2014 and Nick at Austins has topped up the waxyoiling on the brake pipes since.
Modified Exhaust system built to produce the original Mustang twin pipes throughout with a H pipe Possibly worlds smallest H pipe...) to equalise. This was hand crafted in stainless steel 2.5? diameter tubing which gives the car an authentic American V8 sound, never tried fitting the standards back on but with the xpowers this is probably the loudest xpower car out there. I also have the sleeves which make the xpowers even louder if you wish. Also included will be the original back boxes and powerflow back boxes which gives a deeper sound than the xPowers but quieter.

It has a modified dash in rhodium grey which shows, oil pressure, supercharger pressure, battery volts and fuel air ratio. This is more of a gimmick in a way as the air/fuel ratio we discovered doesn?t really work due to the configuration of the exhausts. The others do work though the supercharger has stopped, I suspect either the tube has come off behind the dash or has a crimp/crushed behind the dash). The original dash is supplied if you wish to revert it back to standard.

Pioneer double din stereo is fitted but I have the 4:3 satnav unit and parts that can be fitted to return back to original.

Currently fitted with 4 Wolfrace 19? wheels with 255/35R19 Uniroyal rainsport 2

Spares:
5 Apex alloys (will need a refurb).MG 260 front bumper badge
Original front and rear suspension dampers and springs.
Alternator (new).
Headlights (might need a bit of refurbing).
Original rear tail lights.
Original exhaust back boxes & Powerflow ones.
Original Rear hubs.
Brake pipes (new).
Modified 260 heater hose as an original MG part is still on.
I have other bits and pieces such as throttle bodies and cold air intake which can be sold on.
Apart from the exhaust system which can still be bought I have all the parts to return this car back to standard, even the manifold and throttle body (original and BBK) if required.

The bad bits... Might be being a bit pedantic here.
Has a few stone chips but no dents
Rust bubbling through on the NSF wing
Seems to have a slight battery drain, if it is an everyday driver it isn?t noticeable but if you leave it parked up for a few weeks it is. One theory is it is the NiCads in the alarm system as it is an old car and they are not holding their charge. Another theory is the extra electronics now on there with the custom dash etc.

Sort of full service history...
Serviced twice in 2004 by the press garage and then 10k miles later in 2006. The owner from 2006 to 2009 had it serviced by a friend and another 260 member who is known to Tim on here. When I was buying the car Tim spoke to the owner on my behalf checking it out with it being serviced by a friend and Tim vouched for him. Just there are no stamps in the book.
I have also not kept the book updated but I have every invoice from Austin?s (Nick said he will stamp up the book) with all the services from 2009 onwards where it was given a Major service the first time I had it and then again in 2013 and with selling it now it just had another Big C service at 58,159

I am looking at £12,500 but I am open to what I think are sensible offers ;)

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8036&stc=1https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8037&stc=1https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8038&stc=1https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8039&stc=1

Green Interior:
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8034&stc=1https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8033&stc=1https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8035&stc=1

Original Black Interior (the covers are included but do need to be fitted to the actual seats):
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8032&stc=1

Bespoke Exhaust system:
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8028&stc=1https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8030&stc=1https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8031&stc=1

Engine Bay
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8029&stc=1

colintf
07-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Good luck with the sale Martin.
this is a great car for someone :cool:

AndyG
07-02-2016, 07:56 PM
A car with great provenance.

Somewhere in Europe, 5 thirsty V8s:
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8040&stc=1

Nich
07-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Photos uploaded to here just in case there are problems with viewing images:

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/Two-Sixties/slideshow/Merl

Nich.

Tim
07-02-2016, 08:23 PM
Sad to hear on both counts Martin, car and body. Good luck with the sale. Remember you buying it. :)

colintf
07-02-2016, 08:46 PM
A car with great provenance.

Somewhere in Europe, 5 thirsty V8s:
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8040&stc=1

Looks like enroute to Prague, stopped there again last September :) the date 6/9/11 was a Tuesday so that ties in as well :cool:

T16
08-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Hang on... I thought the Mk1's didnt have cruise control?!

Its got the module there...Oh I just read your post properly :))))

Can you provide some information as to how you did this? Sorry to drag off topic, but Ive been looking at this for years, but was not sure if it was going to be a huge job of wiring/splicing stuff etc, or whether it was plug and play, but just with the right bits..

:)

Good luck with the sale though!

Les4048
08-02-2016, 06:05 AM
Hang on... I thought the Mk1's didnt have cruise control?!

Its got the module there...Oh I just read your post properly :))))

Can you provide some information as to how you did this? Sorry to drag off topic, but Ive been looking at this for years, but was not sure if it was going to be a huge job of wiring/splicing stuff etc, or whether it was plug and play, but just with the right bits..

:)

Good luck with the sale though!
You had better read the post again as it was stated all the wiring was there so all that had to be done was plug in the components. If you want to do the same check to see if your car has the necessary looms

T16
08-02-2016, 11:10 AM
You had better read the post again as it was stated all the wiring was there so all that had to be done was plug in the components. If you want to do the same check to see if your car has the necessary looms

Where else is there to check? Is there a loom that goes into the engine bay with a connector for the control box?
Is it a GREEN connector plug in the switch panel below the A/C control unit?

blackrain
10-02-2016, 06:03 PM
stunning car sir! But sadly a bit out of my price range...i tried to pull funds from anywhere i could, but not near im afraid boohoo

AndyG
10-02-2016, 06:32 PM
There are only 25? KB Supercharged cars, and no more will be fitted (never say never:p), so these cars will be sort after.

Exile_Brummie
12-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Hi Merl, sorry to hear about you needing to sell. I hope the ankle operations all go well for you. It was during one of our joint visits to Austin's a while back when you gave a me a ride in this car, that got me inspired to get #077 supercharged. This will be a great car for someone wanting S/C power - good luck with the sale.

TC

Merl
12-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Photos uploaded to here just in case there are problems with viewing images:

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/Two-Sixties/slideshow/Merl

Nich.
Cheers Nich :)

Merl
12-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Sad to hear on both counts Martin, car and body. Good luck with the sale. Remember you buying it. :)

Thanks Tim. Still not come to terms with it.... At my wedding a few friends said thats it the MG will be going now... I said Never! strange that they were right but for the wrong reasons :(
My wife does keep reminding me though that I have a new toy and I can't claim I am hard done by with the Morgan and she has a point! Only 3 cars have ever brought a smile to my face, my first mx5, the Morgan and this MG...
Yeah we spent a fair bit of time on the phone and you giving me useful information :)

Merl
12-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Where else is there to check? Is there a loom that goes into the engine bay with a connector for the control box?
Is it a GREEN connector plug in the switch panel below the A/C control unit?

I honestly don't know as it was Nick at Austins who discovered it. It is the only Mk1 that he has come across with the loom in. It has a very odd history and a lot of predevelopment bits were on it, while officially it wasn't a development car it had for the first year or so been looked after by the press office garage so I think certain things were done...

I would say that the chances of you having the loom are slim with Nick only ever coming across it so far on mine, he has seen a lot of Mk1 260s. Best asking Nick!

Merl
12-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Hi Merl, sorry to hear about you needing to sell. I hope the ankle operations all go well for you. It was during one of our joint visits to Austin's a while back when you gave a me a ride in this car, that got me inspired to get #077 supercharged. This will be a great car for someone wanting S/C power - good luck with the sale.

TC

Hi Tony, Thanks for the kind words :) I remember that trip out and the smile you had when we got back ;) Brian at Dreadnought did say that mine was one of the quickest cars they had done ;) but he might say that to all the owners... lol.

peterv8
12-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Hi Tony, Thanks for the kind words :) I remember that trip out and the smile you had when we got back ;) Brian at Dreadnought did say that mine was one of the quickest cars they had done ;) but he might say that to all the owners... lol.

He probably ment quickest to supercharge!;)

Merl
12-02-2016, 06:21 PM
He probably ment quickest to supercharge!;)

Haha, ironically it was probably the longest... with Part issues from Sean Hyland and having a new engine it was about 6 months...

SJR
13-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Merl,
what Morgan do you have, an pics?

SJR

AndyG
13-02-2016, 12:47 PM
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8053&stc=1https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8052&stc=1[

SJR
13-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Oh, I saw this on another thread didn't realise it's yours, very nice.

SJR

blackrain
17-02-2016, 02:18 AM
Just thought i'd post here...all being well, i shall be buying Martins (Merl) 260 beast...as soon as he's sorted with it...OMFG! I cannot bloody wait!! ~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:j aw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw :jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:j aw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw :jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:j aw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw

blackrain
17-02-2016, 02:21 AM
Sorry about that...lol

colintf
17-02-2016, 07:02 AM
Just thought i'd post here...all being well, i shall be buying Martins (Merl) 260 beast...as soon as he's sorted with it...OMFG! I cannot bloody wait!! ~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~~JJ~:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:j aw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw :jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:j aw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw :jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:j aw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw:jaw

well done - happy days :cool:

AndyG
17-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Well done Paul, It will be worth the wait.

Merl
19-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Cheers for putting up the picture Andy, been a mad few days....

Merl
19-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Yeah the MG had a little hiccup (might be an understatement) but it is now at Nicks for investigation and will be sorted out properly. Better for it to break with me than a few miles down the road. Though typically with my luck it was now and not earlier in the year.
I just hope Paul is patient enough while I have it fixed as I want it running perfectly before it goes.

scooter
19-02-2016, 05:11 PM
If you want a supercharged car and it would seem that now we no longer do them everyone wants one.This car is worth every penny of the asking price. We did 30 cars in total so if you want a Dreadnought car look no further. Merl's car had a lot of torque and drove very well.

Stu C
19-02-2016, 05:29 PM
I think the cars that have been long term don't want to part ways when up for sale. Mine was on the afternoon before it was due to be picked up :( Turned out an earth wire in the boot had come adrift so luckily was straight forward but can't help but feel embarrased when it happens...d'oh!

Merl
19-02-2016, 05:30 PM
If you want a supercharged car and it would seem that now we no longer do them everyone wants one.This car is worth every penny of the asking price. We did 30 cars in total so if you want a Dreadnought car look no further. Merl's car had a lot of torque and drove very well.

Cheers Brian :) You really transformed it into the car that MG should have made!

Les4048
20-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Cheers Brian :) You really transformed it into the car that MG should have made!
I totally agree with that statement, what a beast Paul has made my one

scooter
20-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Glad you are still happy with the car Les it was the correct car to finish on.

blackrain
20-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Martin, there is no mad rush.....when its ready let me know....i just knew that i had to have a SC one.....and Martins really was the one for me...you just get that feeling in the pit of the stomach when you know.

AndyG
20-02-2016, 09:24 PM
Martin, there is no mad rush.....when its ready let me know....i just knew that i had to have a SC one.....and Martins really was the one for me...you just get that feeling in the pit of the stomach when you know.

When I got my car I took me a few months to get used to the balance of the 260.

I fitted the SC. Another 3 months working out the gear to use (and the slow gear box).

Now I am comfortable with it. (OK. 7 years later ;))

blackrain
22-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Well im used to rear wheel drive cars, having a nice 1972 2300SL Viva...that is a bit tail happy with 150 lb/ft torque...so the V8 will be that X 10 i would think...lol

AndyG
22-02-2016, 06:31 PM
When you get in the car: "Turn off the Traction Control".

It cuts in at the wrong moment. (It cuts fuel supply to engine, leaving you with no power for a couple of seconds :()

I forget sometime but I have learned to not boot it until the car is in a straight line ;)
I understand that it can not be disconnected :confused:

scooter
22-02-2016, 06:49 PM
NEVER ALLOW a supercharged car to cause the traction control to work as it cuts the fuel which makes the engine run weak and you can eat a piston. If you think there is a chance of the TC working switch it off.

AndyG
22-02-2016, 06:56 PM
It should be part of the "Cockpit Check"

A little sign on the dash would help.

blackrain
23-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Yes, i think a sign is in order then....i thought TC was on the later cars only....or was it on all SE's?

David
23-02-2016, 05:05 PM
It should be part of the "Cockpit Check"

A little sign on the dash would help.
Different on my V6. No symbol on the cockpit check as such either, but you are warned by the big warning "Traction Control" message for 2 or 3 seconds immediately thereafter (always), I suspect as the actuator cable slack is taken up in readiness, then it goes away. Of course just pressing the button to öff works but then you have the yellow warning symbol glowing all the time. Default is "on" on V6 and V8 and therefore it warns when its off; bust or, stupidly, when switched off. I agree. Crazy.