PDA

View Full Version : MG ZT SE V8 April 2006, 26,000 miles with mods

Phil Evans
18-12-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm thinking of selling mine to buy a 2014 Nissan GTR next month and wanted to gauge interest. I will try to put a good selection of photos on the site over the weekend but in summary: MG ZT V8 SE RX06 WSO Starlight Silver, with black leather interior and all the usual SE extras e.g. electric sunroof, cruise control, air con, heated seats, Infotainment fully upgraded (see below). Registered April 2006 and bought by me in June 2007 One of the last of the 800 made Approximately 26,000 miles (I have been working abroad or in Edinburgh mainly, hence not used during the week) Body work in mint condition Full service history with stamps and receipts MOT November 2016 The wife didn't want me to spend money on a Supercharger in one go; so I went the incremental route, with significant modifications aimed at 450 bhp maximum, to ensure the engine and gearbox were not stressed. Approximately 350 bhp without the nitrous injection on (jets for adding 50, 75 or 110 bhp). ARP rod bolts and head studs from Kent Cams, to strengthen the internals for the additional power. The water-methanol injection system cools the inlet and increases the octane rating to prevent detonation. Would benefit from a remap (approximately £150) as the engine tuner was very conservative with fuelling. · BBK 78mm throttle body/upper plenum · Cold Air Induction · Under-drive pulleys · Blue valve covers · UPR plenum spacer · 160 degree thermostat · DEI heat wraps/tubes/shields · NGK TR7IX spark plugs specified for mods · Crank breathers · Heads fully ported, polished, flowed and skimmed (compression 11.4) · Professional Products Typhoon inlet manifold · OBX racing adjustable cam gears · Mocal oil cooler · Snow MAF II BC water-methanol injection system (installed in n/s/r boot recess) · Venom/NX dry nitrous system with controller and 1.5 Ib bottle (installed o/s/r boot recess) · UniQ piggyback ECU (mapped at UniQ dealer Millway, in Andover) · ARP rod bolts and head studs · Milltek racing spec catalytic converters · Magnaflow centre resonator · Zero stainless steel quad exhaust rear system · EBC Turbo discs and Redstuff ceramic pads · Modern MG7 SatNav with 7? Freeview TV and additional aerials (frees up boot space) · TrafficMaster Smart Tracker installed (but subscription has lapsed)

AndyG
18-12-2015, 08:23 PM
I think the forum BiBs will ask you to quote a price.

For my benefit easier to understand (that is one hell of a spec) I have spaced the details (I hope you don't mind) ;)

I'm thinking of selling mine to buy a 2014 Nissan GTR next month and wanted to gauge interest.
I will try to put a good selection of photos on the site over the weekend but in summary:
MG ZT V8 SE RX06 WSO Starlight Silver, with black leather interior and all the usual SE extras e.g. electric sunroof, cruise control, air con, heated seats, Infotainment fully upgraded (see below).
Registered April 2006 and bought by me in June 2007
One of the last of the 800 made Approximately 26,000 miles (I have been working abroad or in Edinburgh mainly, hence not used during the week)
Body work in mint condition
Full service history with stamps and receipts MOT November 2016
The wife didn't want me to spend money on a Supercharger in one go; so I went the incremental route, with significant modifications aimed at 450 bhp maximum, to ensure the engine and gearbox were not stressed.
Approximately 350 bhp without the nitrous injection on (jets for adding 50, 75 or 110 bhp).
ARP rod bolts and head studs from Kent Cams, to strengthen the internals for the additional power.
The water-methanol injection system cools the inlet and increases the octane rating to prevent detonation.
Would benefit from a remap (approximately £150) as the engine tuner was very conservative with fuelling. ·
BBK 78mm throttle body/upper plenum
Cold Air Induction ·
Under-drive pulleys ·
Blue valve covers ·
UPR plenum spacer ·
160 degree thermostat ·
DEI heat wraps/tubes/shields ·
NGK TR7IX spark plugs specified for mods ·
Crank breathers ·
Heads fully ported, polished, flowed and skimmed (compression 11.4) ·
Professional Products Typhoon inlet manifold ·
OBX racing adjustable cam gears ·
Mocal oil cooler ·
Snow MAF II BC water-methanol injection system (installed in n/s/r boot recess) ·
Venom/NX dry nitrous system with controller and 1.5 Ib bottle (installed o/s/r boot recess) ·
UniQ piggyback ECU (mapped at UniQ dealer Millway, in Andover) ·
ARP rod bolts and head studs ·
Milltek racing spec catalytic converters ·
Magnaflow centre resonator · Zero stainless steel quad exhaust rear system ·
EBC Turbo discs and Redstuff ceramic pads ·
Modern MG7 SatNav with 7? Freeview TV and additional aerials (frees up boot space) ·
TrafficMaster Smart Tracker installed (but subscription has lapsed)

Phil Evans
18-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Thanks Andy, I did a copy and paste from Word, which was nicely formatted but it came out as a big blob! Glad you tided it up.
As it could do with a remap (Millway in Andover have the plugs, software and dyno for the UniQ) I was thinking of £13,500.

Blue Flash
19-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Not a unreasonable price considering the mods,looking at some 2nd hand car prices in general(mainstream models) and for a rare car not bad,in this Months OCTANE mag a recent auction recently realised £96k for a 3 owner RS COSWORTH 500,with average miles on the clock.

Tim
19-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Sorry to hear you are thinking of selling Phil. Has been interesting watch you get around the misses. :) Do take pictures of the engine bay etc to get max effect.

Not sure if you've heard GTR's are as common as muck. :)

Phil Evans
19-12-2015, 08:23 PM
I'll be sorry to see it go Tim but no matter how I tried, I could not get it to go as fast as a GTR. Hopefully a bit of sun tomorrow will shine on the chrome in the engine bay :o

Cribbit
19-12-2015, 08:32 PM
"A GTR? ... Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing....
The 260 is a much rarer car..."

Bonus points for guessing the film the quote has been stolon from...

The GTR is an amazing machine to be fair, which sounds like the same could be said for your 260. Best of luck with the decision!

Phil Evans
19-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Hmmm, the 260 is rarer ;) so I should have some money left over when I buy the common as muck GTR. Excellent, I may have to put up the price :drive

Phil Evans
21-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Apologies, it was a bit too dark and wet to take good photos on Sunday; I will try again on Wednesday, assuming the forecast remains good.

BTW has anyone ever thought of selling their V8 in China. They love their MG's but sadly have no "MG8" in the market :ash

Blue Flash
21-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Hi Phil any interest on the car?

Phil Evans
21-12-2015, 08:07 PM
One on the Forum and one from the general public but both felt £13.5k was too high; hopefully the photos may cause a rethink. I will aim to take them Wednesday and post them Thursday.

scooter
22-12-2015, 11:09 AM
It might help the asking price if the cost of all the work done was stated as this would help show the true value of the car.

Phil Evans
23-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Good point Scooter.

There are numerous receipts, which are collated in a folder. The work cost over £7,000 in total over several years, so "from new" the car would have cost over £40,000. Obviously it does not work like that and the mods are often discounted by some buyers.

I have had the car since 2007, when it had around 2,000 miles on it.

I was hoping to take some photos today but it's so manic at work that I will not get a chance to go outside for half an hour. I will now have to wait for a decent day over the Christmas break.

AndyG
23-12-2015, 04:18 PM
.............. and the mods are often discounted by some buyers.

Tire kickers, not buyers ;)

It took me a while to sell my modded F, Eventually the right person bought it. (I was in no hurry to sell)

Liaison
23-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Oaft, if I was to get back in to 260 ownership, it would be through this gem (Y):) glwts bud.