PDA

View Full Version : The Two-Sixties Pin

Tim
17-12-2006, 02:27 AM
Thanks to Philip Cooke(usa260se) we have official lepel pins.

I'm pricing them at £5 including p&p. These pins are like our cars, exclusive to us. I'm not selling them to anybody else other than members. Picture coming soon, using XPF to host the picture.:)

Tim
Stephen Hill x2 POSTED 12/1
Malkin61
Geoff11 x2 POSTED 12/1
AndyG x3 POSTED 12/1
NOCTURNAL x2 POSTED 12/1
Harrygsi x2 POSTED 12/1
Geoff11 x2 POSTED 12/1
Willow
WNJ516
Jerry x2
V8 Martin x2 POSTED 12/1
Setay X2 POSTED 12/1

Tim
17-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Here's the picture.

http://gallery.xpowerforums.com/data/9038/two_sixties_pin.jpg

Same process as with the hose, only difference is that there is no deadline for payment. When you feel the need for a lovely pin to take with you to work/play/bed/bath/shows etc then send your bunce in.:D

Stephen Hill
17-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Excellent I'll have 2 please, bunce transfer in hand.

Tim
17-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Forgot to mention PM/email me your name & address but still sent Phil the money as the pins will be sent from my address to save Phil the confusion of whether he is sending you a hose or a pin. :)

AndyG
17-12-2006, 09:32 PM
How big/small are they[?]
AndyG

NOCTURNAL
18-12-2006, 12:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyG

AndyG

Yeah model it , Model it [}:)]

[:p]

Malkin61
18-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Oo oo oo.... I'll have one - not being adverse to lapel pins and all that.

I'll tell you summit though.. Cufflinks would be pretty dam cool as well.

Tim, I'll PM you with my details etc.

Cheers

NOCTURNAL
18-12-2006, 12:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Malkin61

Oo oo oo.... I'll have one - not being adverse to lapel pins and all that.

I'll tell you summit though.. Cufflinks would be pretty dam cool as well.

Tim, I'll PM you with my details etc.

Cheers

Hmmmmmm Now I'm not the cufflinks type to be fair, but should I do, They would look very very sweet ;)

Peter
18-12-2006, 06:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tim

Here's the picture.

So that's how you spell 'Rover', is it? [:0]

GeoffW
18-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Nice work Tim, PM shortly, how about a set to fit the car, to replace those de-laminating plastic ones.

Geoff.

NOCTURNAL
18-12-2006, 11:26 PM

AndyG

Can we have a pic next to a 5p,10p or somat please :)
Oh and is it the normal butterfly type spring clip on the back?

Cheers Nick.

Tim
18-12-2006, 11:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by NOCTURNAL

AndyG

Can we have a pic next to a 5p,10p or somat please :)
Oh and is it the normal butterfly type spring clip on the back?

Cheers Nick.

19mm across

Tim
18-12-2006, 11:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Peter

Here's the picture.

So that's how you spell 'Rover', is it? [:0]

Been pondering on a Rover one Peter but the quantities would be too small, and all said it is the official Two-Sixties logo.:)

Tim
19-12-2006, 12:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Geoff11

Nice work Tim, PM shortly, how about a set to fit the car, to replace those de-laminating plastic ones.

Geoff.

Thank Philip (usa260se)he made them

AndyG
19-12-2006, 12:29 AM
I will have 3 please. [:p]
Please give me who to send Cq to?
Thank you.
AndyG:D

Peter
19-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Been pondering on a Rover one Peter but the quantities would be too small, and all said it is the official Two-Sixties logo.:)
[/quote]

As Judge Dredd would put it:- "I nooo you would say that!". Never mind. We Rover fans are nothing if not discrete. Just wanted to remind you young whipper-snappers that there are a few young-at-heart fuddy-duddies in your midst. ;)

Peter
19-12-2006, 06:03 PM
P.S. Er, I mean 'discreet'.

Tim
19-12-2006, 07:38 PM

I will have 3 please. [:p]
Please give me who to send Cq to?
Thank you.
AndyG:D

The Two Sixties
C/O Mr P J Bibby
10 Cross Lane
Old Hawcoat Village
Barrow in Furness
Cumbria
LA14 4JB

Cheers:D

Keith
19-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Are Bank xfer facilities still available?

Tim
20-12-2006, 12:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Keith

Are Bank xfer facilities still available?

Yep as long as Phil can identify who has transfered the bunce in, then as the hoses.

NOCTURNAL
03-01-2007, 04:15 AM
Hi Tim, can you confirm, that my payment was recieved please, Cheers :)

Nick

JERRY
03-01-2007, 05:41 PM
2 X please, money sent.

V8 Martin
05-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I have no idea what use a pin will be to me, but I like the look so will have two anyway!

Cheque in post today.

NOCTURNAL
05-01-2007, 07:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by V8 Martin

I have no idea what use a pin will be to me, but I like the look so will have two anyway!

Cheque in post today.

My sentiments exactly :D

Tim
12-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Sending out a batch of pins this morning.:)

Up dating #1

NOCTURNAL
13-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Received my two this morning thanks Tim :D

EXCELLENT QUALITY !! Many Thanks to Philip Cooke(usa260se)TOO

Great Job :D

Nick[^]

Stephen Hill
14-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Got mine yesterday, excellent quality cheers all involved:D

AndyG
14-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Thank you received mine yesterday.
Just need one for the front of the car Now!
AndyG

NOCTURNAL
14-01-2007, 10:16 PM

Thank you received mine yesterday.
Just need one for the front of the car Now!
AndyG

yup... exactly right....had a closer look at mine as someones hit or at least scratched my bumper last night I think :(

but I did think, that 'pin' enlarged...to the right size would look the biz....

Nick

V8 Martin
15-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Got mine today.

Still don't know what to do with them but they are ace!

Now, at the risk of boring everyone, where are the badges and some keyrings (on a leather fob?) would be rather nice too ...

The quality & look is superb. My thanks to everyone involved.

Tim
15-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Looking into the big brother of the pins, did not think about the key fob one though so will take that one on board.

Just a reminder to people ordering pins. Do make sure Phil and I get your address plus some email confirmation if you are doing a credit transfer. Thanks :)

Stephen Hill
15-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Yep as I said excellent quality mine has been through the washer and dryer [^] with my jacket, good as new and really shiney. Can we have some full size to replace the front and rear delaminating ones? [:X]

usa260se
16-01-2007, 02:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Stephen Hill

Yep as I said excellent quality mine has been through the washer and dryer [^] with my jacket, good as new and really shiney. Can we have some full size to replace the front and rear delaminating ones? [:X]

Guys are we looking for a badge with just the MG logo or one with Mustang as well. If I had some idea as to quantity I could always give it a go - unfortunately die costs and small quantities make for an expensive item. When badges are made I'm usually looking to make 2-300 at a time. Glad you all like the pins - all the best Philip C

V8 Martin
16-01-2007, 05:58 PM
DEFINITELY with the Mustang on, as with the pin please!

Tim
16-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Phil I e-mailed a few days ago, looking for a badge for the grille with the mustang. Just like the pin but the same sizes as the front and rear badges. :)

Womble
16-01-2007, 10:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by usa260se

quote:Originally posted by Stephen Hill

Guys are we looking for a badge with just the MG logo or one with Mustang as well. If I had some idea as to quantity I could always give it a go - unfortunately die costs and small quantities make for an expensive item. When badges are made I'm usually looking to make 2-300 at a time. Glad you all like the pins - all the best Philip C

I would absolutely love to have the exact same logo front and rear on the car! So long as we're not talking 3 figures for the pair, I'll pay whatever it costs.

NOCTURNAL
16-01-2007, 11:19 PM
quote:

I would absolutely love to have the exact same logo front and rear on the car! So long as we're not talking 3 figures for the pair, I'll pay whatever it costs.

quote:

WOW you bought another one Womble ;)

Nick(sorry...couldn't resist;) )

GeoffW
16-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes I would love a set for the car,( and possibly a spare set) only thing is would the plating stand up to the british weather, although saying that I dont think Ive seen any salt yet this winter[^]

NOCTURNAL
16-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Oh and I'd like a set too ;)

as long as they don't do this...:(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/IWANTBLUE/NOCTURNAL/front%20rear%20grill%20and%20plate/th_PICT3478.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/IWANTBLUE/NOCTURNAL/front%20rear%20grill%20and%20plate/PICT3478.jpg)_http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/IWANTBLUE/NOCTURNAL/front%20rear%20grill%20and%20plate/th_PICT3481.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/IWANTBLUE/NOCTURNAL/front%20rear%20grill%20and%20plate/PICT3481.jpg)

hmm that didn't work?? how about this?
Nope??
can we not do 'clickables' here??

ok so bigger pics here LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/IWANTBLUE/NOCTURNAL/front%20rear%20grill%20and%20plate/PICT3478.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/IWANTBLUE/NOCTURNAL/front%20rear%20grill%20and%20plate/PICT3481.jpg

NIck

AndyG
17-01-2007, 01:40 AM
I would buy 2 pair for ZTT.
Are the front and back of the ZT the same size as ZTT?

That makes 5-6 pair already?

Andy x 2 pair
Womble x 1 pair
Nocturnal x 1 pair
Geoff11 x 1-2 pair

Womble
17-01-2007, 10:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by NOCTURNAL

quote:

quote:

WOW you bought another one Womble ;)

Nick(sorry...couldn't resist;) )

Weird. I wonder how it did that? I am looking forward to the new forum! :D

V8 Martin
17-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Add me for 2 pairs (& keyrings & stickers .....) to the list above.

Oh dear. I am obsessed.

Scarlet Fever
17-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd like a pair too.

Are the badges on the saloon different to the Tourer and furthermore, are the different between the large saloon spoiler and the lip spoiler? They look it...

<center>http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/Scarlet_Fever_MGF/P9280009_small.jpg
Big spoiler - note boot badge

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/Scarlet_Fever_MGF/2006_0304_ZT260_XPower0006_small.jpg
Lip spoiler - different badge?</center>

Oh, by the way, yes that is a picture of Ripsnorter above! :)

Then there is the Mark 1 Mark 2 issue - do they differ between the original and facelift cars?

My order then is as follows:

1x Mark 1 nose badge (with Mustang)
1x Mark 1 saloon lip spoiler badge (with Mustang)

please... :)

Womble
17-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Get along to Brasted and we can compare badge sizes! :D

setay
17-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Put me on the list for 2[with the stang]:)

Scarlet Fever
17-01-2007, 03:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Womble

Get along to Brasted and we can compare badge sizes! :D

Am a bit puzzled by the date:

quote:Friday 25th January

Is this THURSDAY 25th or Friday 26th?

Should be able to make Friday i reckon. :)

Tim
17-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Stop it you lot calm down. I'm not going to take any notice of any lists here, you're going to confuse my tiny mind. I am pretty sure the sizes are the same, if not will affect the price. Talking to Philip at the moment about whether it is a go'er first.

Womble will leave it up to you to double check please. Don't forget Philip's got a mark 1 so just need to double check the mk2 and cross ref between saloons and tourers. Have mentioned the rover badge to Phil but I think this may prove costly due to the numbers.

Tim
20-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Anybody got any news/confirmation on sizes?

Also has anyone got an old spare rear MG badge I can send to Philip in the states. I have a old front badge, just want to send the two together.

Womble
20-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Womble will leave it up to you to double check please. Don't forget Philip's got a mark 1 so just need to double check the mk2 and cross ref between saloons and tourers. Have mentioned the rover badge to Phil but I think this may prove costly due to the numbers.

I'll put the tape measure in the car!

WNJ516
20-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Would you add me to the list for a pair for a mark 2 saloon.
Thanks NIgel
WNJ516

zttal
25-01-2007, 05:26 PM
WE WANT BADGES...WE WANT BADGES....WE WANT BADGES...[:p].

Seriously, any idea how long they might be? I want to get the front off and change the air filter, grill mesh and badge all at the same time. Might try binning the Thors hammer aswell, apparently it still runs fine, just makes a bit more noise [}:)].

Tim
25-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Anyone got an old rear mg badge I can send to PhilipC. I've got the front one to send.

zttal
25-01-2007, 11:14 PM
I have a brand new one I got off Ebay as a spare, if I can get the old one off easily I'll swap them over and you can send it to Philip.

Tim
25-01-2007, 11:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by zttal

I have a brand new one I got off Ebay as a spare, if I can get the old one off easily I'll swap them over and you can send it to Philip.

Good man Al.:D

Womble
26-01-2007, 09:44 AM

WE WANT BADGES...WE WANT BADGES....WE WANT BADGES...[:p].

Seriously, any idea how long they might be? I want to get the front off and change the air filter, grill mesh and badge all at the same time. Might try binning the Thors hammer aswell, apparently it still runs fine, just makes a bit more noise [}:)].

FYI, the badge is glued in from the front, so that particular job is actually easier to do with the front in place rather than removed. :)

zttal
26-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks for that Womble, so how do you get it out without damaging the paintwork?, also is the rear one removed in the same way? Will try and get it out this weekend to send to you Tim.

Womble
26-01-2007, 11:39 PM

Thanks for that Womble, so how do you get it out without damaging the paintwork?, also is the rear one removed in the same way? Will try and get it out this weekend to send to you Tim.

I've seen various posts recommending self-tapping screws and all sorts. To be honest, on mine, I just carefully levered the edge up using a small screwdriver and a lot of care!

I've not done the back one since mine (whisper this quietly) hasn't delaminated!

zttal
27-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Firstly the front badge is easy to remove with a watch makers type flat bladed screwdriver and a bit of care, shame neither of the replacements I have for it fit in the recess, so the original is back on :(. The rear one comes off in much the same way, but is a tighter fit and needs very careful patient hands. On removal its no wonder they delaminate, its a piece of ****. The badge is very thin like a piece if tin and is wrecked in the removal process. Heres where the fun begins, the replacement badge I have is smaller diameter-wise, by about 5mm, but is alot thicker and a proper badge like the front one. I don't know if this is for the ZT and mine (ZTT) is supposed to be different. However, if someone can check or measure, my rear badge is exactly the same dimensions as the wheel badges, and this is what it more closely resembles rather than a boot badge, which is good in one way cos these need to be made aswell and should make the whole job more viable due to increased numbers. Also the little plinth that the badge sits on had been previously broken off and glued back on, obviously this came off in my hands aswell!! :( It is held on with two screws from behind normally, which go through the recess under the plinth, which is shaped for the Rover shield badge, so basically the plinth is just to hide the shield recess and save making a whole new unit.

Anyway I now have a nice shiney badge fitted to the rear which is too small and looks pretty naff, so need the replacements asap, certainly before the shows start in March. So who do I send my mangled badge to, its ok the dimensions are still measureable. This needs to be double checked with a ZT, as mentioned before, as the possible two different sized rear badges will need to be sent.

Tim
28-01-2007, 01:30 PM
E-mailed you Al

Tim

NOCTURNAL
28-01-2007, 01:51 PM
the 'original' sold on e-pay are listed as 40mm and 59mm arn't they?
what size are yours ? and what size are the 'too small ones'??

Cheers, Nick

zttal
28-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Tim, badge will be sent tomorrow.

My front badge is standard, but the two aftermarket ones are slightly too big. The rear one is 45mm, same size as the wheel badges, I guess the thicker plastic one I have on the back is approx 40mm judging by the size differential. I expect the ZTTs all have 45mm rear ones and the ZTs 40mm.

GED
31-01-2007, 09:45 AM
I have sent my cheque for two pins :) has it been received [?] if so when might the pins arrive [:p]

Tim
31-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Two pins in the post today Graham. :D

Tim
31-01-2007, 09:53 AM

Tim, badge will be sent tomorrow.

My front badge is standard, but the two aftermarket ones are slightly too big. The rear one is 45mm, same size as the wheel badges, I guess the thicker plastic one I have on the back is approx 40mm judging by the size differential. I expect the ZTTs all have 45mm rear ones and the ZTs 40mm.

Came today Al, Cheers :D

AndyG
31-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Please can you save me 3 more pins.
I will be off to Sweden Friday, will send cheque when I get back just after the 10th.
Hope that is OK
Andy

GED
06-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Big thanks to all concerned :D received mine and very nice they are to [^]

zttal
06-02-2007, 07:46 PM
OK Tim no problem, is it bigger and naffer than yours?

Please save me a pin and I'll post a cheque, just realised I forgot to get one [|)].

Tim
06-02-2007, 07:58 PM

OK Tim no problem, is it bigger and naffer than yours?

Please save me a pin and I'll post a cheque, just realised I forgot to get one [|)].

We will be bringing some pins to the meets this year if you would rather wait. If not send a cheque to Phil as with the hoses and he will tell me to post out.:D

changnoi
15-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Tim,

How do overseas members go about getting regalia. I'd be interested in 2 pins and a mug and the car badges if and when they become available. Is paypal a possibility or would some cash in registered mail be better. If so who do I send it to?

Tim
16-03-2007, 10:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by changnoi

Tim,

How do overseas members go about getting regalia. I'd be interested in 2 pins and a mug and the car badges if and when they become available. Is paypal a possibility or would some cash in registered mail be better. If so who do I send it to?

If you wait for a while, we will be looking at paypal. Alternatively credit transfer is an option but I think we incur a cost so need Phil to advise further.

Phil
16-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Changnoi, I've sent you an email.
Phil

Peter260
18-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Tim,
I'm interrested in the pin as well but also overseas.
In the Netherland and willing to buy a few extra to supply other 260 owners in the Netherlands resolving the money transfer cost and extra shipping cost.

(I can ask a friend in UK to make the transfer and hand him the money in cash). Would that work ?

I would love to have nice badges on my ZTT front and rear.
So if you could add me to the informal list :-)
Thanks

Tim
18-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Thats a thought Peter. Will comeback to you.

AndyG
23-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Peter.
Do not forget the MG Mustang patches[:p]

edzios
23-05-2007, 06:29 AM
Hi Tim,
New to the "club" ZT-T SE BLACK - VIN 492
I will order the pin x 2, will send cheque to Phil
Where do I order the Hose?
Regards
Eddy

Phil
23-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi Eddy,

I hose, 2 pins.
Send me a cheque for £44, and you will receive them pronto.

Regards

Phil