PDA

View Full Version : selling ZTT 260

odl21
10-06-2015, 05:12 PM
as a heads up, i will be putting my 2004 ZTT 260 SE in dark blue up for sale soon. its number 505. about 50k miles, totally original, X power silencers (and originals in X power boxes). i have a LOT of spares with this car after spending a few grand on every spare part i could lay my hands on back when i bought it. think the car has pretty much every option available.

car is currently german registered and TuVed and stored in my dry unit in northern italy. i have all the previous DVLA paper work too. moving it to the UK (or Germany) is not a problem as I have empty trailers going there regularly. has been well maintained by my own guys and drives like new.

i was going to keep it long term but i have 15 other cars, all of which are significantly faster and it takes up a lot of space. i had always planned to rebuild the engine with new heads, cams and pistons but never got round to it so have decided to slim my fleet and the MG will be going.

if you are interested, get in touch.

Les4048
10-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Do you have a price ??

odl21
10-06-2015, 05:22 PM
not yet. but i imagine that won't be the deciding factor in the buyer's decision to purchase it as i'm in no rush to sell it. its just taking the space where i could put another rally car or two :) it'll be around the 10k mark though.

ton
10-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Is it lhd or rhd?

odl21
10-06-2015, 07:17 PM
It's RHD. Was going to leave it that but I can't post such a short message apparently, so I'll add that I don't think that really matters wherever it might reside. I own LHD cars in the UK and RHD in the US and Europe and never notice the difference. Maybe that's just me.

Herman
10-06-2015, 08:00 PM
With regards to selling, unless you have a price in mind, don't list it in the 'For Sale' sections.

Please find the rules below
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3283&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1341047052 (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3283&d=1341047315)
If you don't have an asking price I'll park this thread until such time you have.

odl21
10-06-2015, 08:19 PM
what do you mean? are you crazy? this is a site for this particular car. i want to sell one and some busy body decides i'm not allowed to post it? what kind of a service do you think you're providing?

your 'rules' are not visible - only a broken link.

as i said. the car will be for sale soon. i'm offering enthusiasts an early change to get in touch if they are really interested.

Les4048
10-06-2015, 08:33 PM
what do you mean? are you crazy? this is a site for this particular car. i want to sell one and some busy body decides i'm not allowed to post it? what kind of a service do you think you're providing?

as i said. the car will be for sale soon. i'm offering enthusiasts an early change to get in touch if they are really interested.
Wow! Calm down mate, you're in a forum that has rules and one of them are state a price. You can't expect people to consider a car with no idea of how much you're looking to sell it for!

Herman
10-06-2015, 08:34 PM

The link with the club rules with regards to selling items is in the public section https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?11338-Selling-items-on-this-site

I also don't appreciate the way you feel you have to reply. So please consider your next response.

Tim
10-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Owain, we are asking nicely for a guide price please. Insulting people is not needed.

odl21
10-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Owain, we are asking nicely for a guide price please. Insulting people is not needed.

i've said it will be 'around 10k' but i've also said that price should not be a consideration. i've not considered the asking price in detail at this stage and to be honest i'm fairly flexible depending on the buyer. i'm sure there are cheaper 260s out there if price is the only concern. i must say that a good number of the cars i've ever bought don't have a published price on them so i'm curious why this is such a sticking point.

i'm sorry but the 'rules' PDF is permission protected and i can't view it.

anyway the point remains - if someone is looking for a nice unmolested and fully loaded estate with availability of a lot of 260 only spares, there is one that i'd be willing to sell.

(if this in violation of a bunch of private rules that i can't read then delete the thread and i'll just post it to a larger audience from the start!)

Herman
10-06-2015, 09:24 PM
i've said it will be 'around 10k' but i've also said that price should not be a consideration. i've not considered the asking price in detail at this stage and to be honest i'm fairly flexible depending on the buyer. i'm sure there are cheaper 260s out there if price is the only concern. i must say that a good number of the cars i've ever bought don't have a published price on them so i'm curious why this is such a sticking point.

anyway the point remains - if someone is looking for a nice unmolested and fully loaded estate with availability of a lot of 260 only spares, there is one that i'd be willing to sell.

(if this in violation of a bunch of private rules that i can't read then delete the thread and i'll just post it to a larger audience from the start!)

10K as consideration is a price as far as I'm concerned. With regards to the pdf..................have to look into that.

For now this for sale thread can stay as is with an asking price of 10K

i must say that a good number of the cars i've ever bought don't have a published price on them so i'm curious why this is such a sticking point

It's not a sticking point but merely something agreed on this forum and as such expected to be followed.
Your reply didn't help either........................

Anyway, we have a car and a price................so good to go

Nich
10-06-2015, 09:37 PM

PM me your email address and I will send you a copy.

That's got to be your decision but this forum relies on all of its members treating each other with courtesy, respect and an appreciation that although very flexible there are certain things that work by common agreement and have done so for a number of years now.

Hope this helps.

Nich.

Zt pony
11-06-2015, 12:16 AM
:)Well, I have on occasion , whilst reading Herman's disagrement with a particular posting of mine, muttered a few poetic descriptions under my breath ..but never have I described him as " a busy body " !!!! :~

SteveTD
12-06-2015, 12:22 PM
...... but i've also said that price should not be a consideration....

Okay. I'll give you £2k for it then ;)

Herman
12-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Still not sure how serious to take this.............

No pics apart from this one https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5154&d=1368128038

and no update for the last 2 days

odl21
17-06-2015, 12:08 AM
the update is that as the car is RHD, I will be moving it (by trailer) back to the UK in early July to facilitate the sale (I have an empty trailer going back then anyway). This should make it a bit easier for interested parties to view it as I guess its really only UK buyers interested.

thanks.

Tamla66
06-08-2015, 06:32 AM
Is it still for sale? Thanks.

greeners
06-08-2015, 08:02 AM
the car appears to be owned by two brothers....the other is a green member on here, funnily enough called 505

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?8210-505-going-to-Germany&highlight=

Zt pony
06-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Apologies for deviating off the subject BUT
reading through postings...

MERL .. haven't heard anything from him for ages !
Anybody know if he's still got the 260 ?!? And is okay ?

colintf
06-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Apologies for deviating off the subject BUT
reading through postings...

MERL .. haven't heard anything from him for ages !
Anybody know if he's still got the 260 ?!? And is okay ?

merl is alive and well :)

Zt pony
06-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Good to hear ! Thanks Colin.
always enjoyed his postings,
a nice guy .

Hi Merl ...pass it on !!!
Harry

merl is alive and well :)

colintf
06-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Merl got married not long ago

i believe Ajay and StuC see him from time to time :)

odl21
31-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Hi Guys,

So the car is now back in the UK after being trailered there earlier this month from my facility in Italy. My man in england is currently re-registering it with the DVLA and sorting a few niggles prior to selling it. It needs a new sunroof motor circuit board. the motor is fine but the circuit board blew out for no known reason the last time I drove it. the sunroof moves freely. Anyone know where to get one of those? Its a standard rover 75 part and they seem to be well known for it. Then its front pads and handbrake shoes and we should be good to go.

There are some scuffs to the wheels (acquired before my stewardship) that I probably won't fix and will adjust the asking pricing according to about 9k or maybe a little less.

It's currently in Leeds.

odl21
16-09-2015, 03:21 PM
here is the listing on ebay. i revised my price down a little given the wheels are marked.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231690586249

odl21
18-09-2015, 09:09 AM
here is the listing on ebay. i revised my price down a little given the wheels are marked.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231690586249

Deposit taken.

Tim
22-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Good to see its moving along to a new owner