PDA

View Full Version : New owner - 260 - Starlight silver Mk1

mmarshall
04-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've been a long suffering British Leyland, Rover, MG fan (my Dad was a mechanic for Austin Rover throughout my childhood), so it's all his fault.
I lost him 3 years back so in memory of him have been slowly trying to build funds to get a few cars together.
I have a 89 Monty that is being fully restored at the moment (lots of new body welding etc etc etc) so that should be ready next year funds permitting. In the meantime I had always wanted a 260 so 2 weeks ago bought Andrew Mitchell's car down in Gatwick. I want to find out the line number of it so can someone let me know where I find it?
I'd been looking for one for a while and can say that the car is near immaculate and I'm enjoying her every day, except the day last week where someone decided to drive there car down the side of the wing in a car park (being fixed next Tuesday at the bodyshop).
So far its driven without missing a beat and I'm addicted to the sound it makes (the ovals help).
I'm based up in Scotland and would be interested in any meets in North England or Scotland in the future.

Also going to get a front splitter for it so any advice would be appreciated. (laguna etc?)

Thanks
Matt

peterv8
04-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Hi and welcome from Sweden!:-)
Have you sent in your questionairy to Tim so you go green and can search all info on here(there is alot of info):-)?

About the splitter, there is a Seat splitter that fits nice, not sure which modell but someone will come along and say.

colintf
04-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Hi and welcome

look at the last 3 digits of your vin number in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen as you face the front of the car(so bottom left sat in drivers seat, but you need to view from outside)

:cool:

AndyG
04-06-2015, 04:46 PM
It's #125 ...

Herman
04-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Hi and welcome............

As for the splitter, don't..............even the Seat one seems to have a little bulge and look silly on the ZT anyway:)
If it was meant to have one, MG would have put one on there............

peterv8
05-06-2015, 03:40 AM
As for the splitter, don't..............even the Seat one seems to have a little bulge and look silly on the ZT anyway:)
If it was meant to have one, MG would have put one on there............

Each to there own, Herman!:p

bernard lpg
05-06-2015, 07:44 AM
My Cupra splitter doesn't have a bulge; I cut short the little pillars that form it.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w163/Bernard_LPG/20141019_143405.jpg (http://s176.photobucket.com/user/Bernard_LPG/media/20141019_143405.jpg.html)

Not the best picture to show it. There is a better one somewhere in one of my old posts.