PDA

View Full Version : numerous electrical problems

muzz377
13-03-2015, 06:38 PM
This afternoon I started the car and noticed a few things amiss. My first thought was a fuse and the closest one is fuse 11 except that the mirror controls are still working but I checked it anyway and it's OK.

List of items not working:-

1) Entertainment centre, screen is sort of on with bits of flashes sometimes.
2) When on ATC temperature goes to "Er"
3) No display on dash of door open etc.
4) No indicator flash after locking
5) Indicators work but no internal lights or tick

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Murray

Herman
13-03-2015, 06:50 PM
This afternoon I started the car and noticed a few things amiss. My first thought was a fuse and the closest one is fuse 11 except that the mirror controls are still working but I checked it anyway and it's OK.

List of items not working:-

1) Entertainment centre, screen is sort of on with bits of flashes sometimes.
2) When on ATC temperature goes to "Er"
3) No display on dash of door open etc.
4) No indicator flash after locking
5) Indicators work but no internal lights or tick

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

Murray

I assume the car started but with that list of issues I'd still check the battery (low voltage can do strange things)
If the battery is full, disconnect for at least 30 mins, reconnect and check faults.
When low, disconnect and charge, reconnect and check faults.

If the faults still persist, start checking for earth faults, wiring problems etc

Sorry I can't be more specific but I struggle to link the above faults to one single cause.
Perhaps a faulty BCU is a part of it.

NewGuyPete
13-03-2015, 06:52 PM
HI Murray,

Had virtually the same symptons with mine, back last year.
Replaced with New Battery, battery reset and all faults vanished.

Cheers Pete.

ColinE
13-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Agree, these cars do some really weird things when the battery is on the way out, even if there's enough juice to start the car, indicators working but no indication on the dash was one of the symptoms mine exhibited

Nich
13-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Sounds like the battery needs replacing.

Nich.

muzz377
13-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Thanks all. I'll try the testing the battery in the morning. It's only about a year old or so but you never know with batteries.

Thanks again

Murray

Nich
13-03-2015, 07:27 PM
I fully charged my battery after some of the symptoms you have described but it still didn't cure the problems. Once the new battery was fitted everything was OK. It sounds as if yours might be salvageable with a charge if it's only a year old.

Nich.

Stu C
13-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Another for battery issues here. I had exactly that with the radio and indicators, no display but backlight on head unit and indictors not flashing inside. Did the 30 minute thing and cleared it, but found out battery was duff replaced it and never had issues again :)

ColinE
13-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Another for battery issues here. I had exactly that with the radio and indicators, no display but backlight on head unit and indictors not flashing inside. Did the 30 minute thing and cleared it, but found out battery was duff replaced it and never had issues again :)

Think it was your description that helped me diagnose mine

muzz377
14-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Thanks all. Re-charged the battery and all is working fine. I checked when I bought my battery and it was Dec. 2012. Must be an age thing......

Murray

AndyG
14-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Thanks all. Re-charged the battery and all is working fine. I checked when I bought my battery and it was Dec. 2012. Must be an age thing...... Murray

A few of use have Saver Chargers. Some are Solar Panels.

NB. You can put your location in the profile..