PDA

View Full Version : What a weekend! (new v8 owner)

wazzag
28-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Hi There, Thought I would say hi, and that now I am a proud owner of a MG ZT V8 260. I picked here up from Beech Hill Garage (cheers Will), and had a pleasure of driving her back on a 3 hour trip. Even though it was raining most of the way, the V8 sound is addictive and was a great trip all round!

She needs a good detailing now! However I have a issue I was hoping somebody can help us with. It seems for some reason the bonnet is stuck and the release isn't working. I don't dare pull it any harder as it looks like I will break the release leaver. Doesn't seem to be any tension on the leaver either! I am not sure how I can get the bonnet to pop open now. Really odd as it was working earlier in the day!

Cheers all!

AndyG
28-02-2015, 08:04 PM
There is an easy access but you will need the instructions from Tim/Herman.

Then there is a modification to be made to the block (inside the engine compartment) that will cure the problem.

This is how the block should be orientated with the "nipple slots" facing away from you i.e facing the engine.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/8114614b768e46a0.jpg

Before fitting the divider housing back wind loads of black tape round the single cable. This prevents cable sliding out of the divider housing slotted hole. Ideally also drill the housing top and bottom and add a tie wrap. This mod will give the bonnet release lever a much improved solid feel when pulled.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/81146194c5d02392.jpg

The thread is in the "members Section" You need to go greenness.

Bainzi
28-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Welcome, someone will be along shortly with a 'how to' as until you've gone green you may not be able to access the info you require.

Regards

wazzag
28-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Andy & Nigel thank you so much for the information! I guess I need to go greenie then, how would one go about doing that?

AndyG
28-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Andy & Nigel thank you so much for the information! I guess I need to go greenie then, how would one go about doing that?

Fill in the questionnaire that you should have. If not PM Tim.

wazzag
28-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Fill in the questionnaire that you should have. If not PM Tim.

Thanks Andy, Ill drop Tim a PM! :)

Nich
28-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the collective Matt. What are the last three digits of your VIN?

As Andy says you need to go green (get your questionnaire back to Tim) to get full access.

I'll happily send you the info once that has happened if you PM me your email address.

Nich.

wazzag
01-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the collective Matt. What are the last three digits of your VIN?

As Andy says you need to go green (get your questionnaire back to Tim) to get full access.

I'll happily send you the info once that has happened if you PM me your email address.

Nich.

Hi Nich! thank you :) Sure my last 3 digits are 326. I found the questionnaire so i will fill it out and send it on :) Ill PM you my email thanks!

Tim
01-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Welcome to greenness Matt :)

Nich
01-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Hi Nich! thank you :) Sure my last 3 digits are 326. I found the questionnaire so i will fill it out and send it on :) Ill PM you my email thanks!

Thanks for that Matt, email sent.

Nich.

ksilver
01-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the paranoia it can become quite addictive :drive

wazzag
04-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Cheers for the welcomes :) Car went to the garage and the bonnet is ok now!!! :S They said it wasn't even broken and just pulled the leaver. Absolutely no idea what's going on lol

AndyG
04-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Cheers for the welcomes :) Car went to the garage and the bonnet is ok now!!! :S They said it wasn't even broken and just pulled the leaver. Absolutely no idea what's going on lol

Still check the block.

Often another person pushing down (gently, they can dent if too hard) on the front while you pull the lever can help.

Oil/grease the mechanism.