PDA

View Full Version : Insurance & Owners Clubs

rawy
27-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Hi All

Just trying to sort out insurance for my forthcoming 260. I understand to be a full member here you need to fill in the questionnaire & join the MG-OC which hosts the forum? - Is this correct?

I have got quotes from a few companies, and they suggest I need to be a member of a MG car club....

* Peter Best have the best price, but they say I need to be a member of the MG Car Club, I assume thats a different club to MG-OC which this forum is to do with?

* Lancaster have so far ignored me, but they are listed as having discounts for MG-OC Members

* Lynbrook don't need me to be a member of any club but are £150 more, however I can have my car non garaged.

Can anyone let me know whether I can be a member here & get a cheap insurance quote without joining 2 different car clubs for the same car!

Cheers

Rawy

Nich
27-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Hi All

Just trying to sort out insurance for my forthcoming 260. I understand to be a full member here you need to fill in the questionnaire & join the MG-OC which hosts the forum? - Is this correct?

To answer your first question the answer is yes.

Nich.

Nich
27-02-2015, 02:43 PM
It also, as far as I know, depends upon who you speak to at Peter Best as to what they tell you. Lots of posts about how they transact and the differing information members have received from them.

Nich.

colintf
27-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Peter Best himself I believe is a former Chairman of the MGCC :cool:

Tim
27-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Also PB will accept MGOC and the Two Sixties.

LeRoiDeLaRue
03-03-2015, 10:25 AM
PB wont insure me cos I dont have a garage, they say due to my post code.

I reckon L23 is safer than loads of places out there. Madness

My Landlord keeps his gear in the garage so maybe I need to rent him somewhere else to store his stuff so I can use it and I still might come out on top :-/

rawy
03-03-2015, 10:31 AM
PB wont insure me cos I dont have a garage, they say due to my post code.

I reckon L23 is safer than loads of places out there. Madness

My Landlord keeps his gear in the garage so maybe I need to rent him somewhere else to store his stuff so I can use it and I still might come out on top :-/

Who do you insure yours with?

Is it a classic policy?

Going to ring Lancaster today & see what they can do

Cheers

Rawy

eurorover
03-03-2015, 12:07 PM
I just renewed with classic line £260. PB were having a right giraffe and considering I have the LWB with them the quote I got was nowhere near

rawy
03-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Thats interesting as I had my Camaro with Classic line & they refused to cover a 260 as its not a classic...

Do you have a contact there?

Thanks

Rawy

LeRoiDeLaRue
03-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Who do you insure yours with?

Is it a classic policy?

Going to ring Lancaster today & see what they can do

Cheers

Rawy

Been with 1st Central since purchase 12 mnths ago, and their renewal quote is about £5 more on last year. FCincBusiness, 12500 miles PA. £490 inc Legal expenses.

As i am leaving job I thought I would shop around for cheaper without business use and lass miles.

Lancaster quoted me over £650

eurorover
04-03-2015, 05:32 AM
Thats interesting as I had my Camaro with Classic line & they refused to cover a 260 as its not a classic...

Do you have a contact there?

Thanks

Rawy
Ask to speak to Amy. You need a modern classic policy. Tell here Wyn from eurorover sent you

rawy
05-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Hi Guys

Got insurance sorted out, my existing insurer for my main car has mirrored my NCD to a new policy for the MG & came out at a very reasonable rate of £233, which was slightly more that PB but I was struggling for a garage which they insisted on, and my main insurer is happy with where I plan to park it.

So just need to setup breakdown cover, MGOC & 260 Questionnaire, then hope its as good as I'm promised when I go see it at the weekend!

Hopefully be green by next week!

Cheers

Rawy

AndyG
05-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Rawy

Good Luck.

You need to put your location in your profile.

Nich
09-03-2015, 08:31 AM
............................, then hope its as good as I'm promised when I go see it at the weekend!

Hopefully be green by next week!

Cheers

Rawy

Well?

Nich.

rawy
09-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Well..

I'm the proud owner of #600

Was near enough as described, a few niggles but hopefully nothing major.

Sounds amazing, no issues driving back, 450 miles + done so far.

A few things on the to do list:

Creaking steering at slow speeds
Washer bottle doesn't hold water
A few bits of trim loose/missing
Serious wheel wobble at 60+ on Motorway
Cruise doesn't work
Exhausts need levelling

But other than that I'm fairly happy!

Will submit details asap.

Not a great pic, will post more asap

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7205&stc=1

Cheers

Rawy

Nich
09-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Excellent news Graham, many congrats.

Cruise not working is usually down to movement of the switch at the top of the clutch pedal arm, needs pushing back. Difficult to get to but easily sorted.

Nich.

nick0303
09-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Welcome to the pack.

My sterring also makes a small creak sometimes when manoeuvring at low speed.

Let us know when you narrow down your cruise control issue to a specific component. I have a few spare parts.

Enjoy you car!

Nick.

LeRoiDeLaRue
09-03-2015, 05:15 PM
"Serious wheel wobble at 60+ on Motorway" = wheels need balancing. Any tyre shop will check/add weights as apt. Like i suggested, get the 4WA done if you can

rawy
09-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Well its in the garage already lol...

Started clunking on front right corner at low speeds as well as creaking when turning...

Seems like the front right shock has some movement & you can feel at the top a clunk when the suspension is compressed. Strange as I drove it 500 miles since Sat lunchtime & was very tight with no clunks when I test drove it or brought it home.

Will be getting the wheel balance done as well as some of the other bits whilst in there.

If I need new shocks anyone got any in stock?

Cheers

Rawy

AndyG
09-03-2015, 07:25 PM
I think Brian (aka Scooter) has some?
http://www.dreadnoughtgarage.com/

or tonybubble (on here)

:confused:

rawy
20-03-2015, 03:20 PM
HI All

Thought I best update the thread:

Front Shock has been oiled & seemed to have calmed the issue down, will look at getting new inserts soon.

Going to get rear disks skimmed in next 1000 miles or so, quoted £25 a disc whilst on the car, with some new pads too.

Wheels balanced

New Oil Filter & Pressure sensor fitted

Exhaust re-alligned

Ready for a trip now... POL possibly next month...

Rawy