PDA

View Full Version : Coil pack

Richb
29-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Does anyone have a spare coil pack that I could borrow short term or buy? I know they are available cheap from a lot of suppliers, but I'm in a bit of a rush!

Cheers,
Rich

AndyG
29-12-2014, 12:06 PM
where are you?

Richb
29-12-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm in Stafford, but will be driving from south coast up to London/M25 and then up to midlands on M40/M6. But I would do a detour within reason to get one.

Rich

Tim
29-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Just had a look thinking I has some but do not. Sorry Rich.

Richb
29-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks for looking Tim.

I'm going to collect it tomorrow and will have to risk running it gently for the journey home.

Rich

Herman
29-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks for looking Tim.

I'm going to collect it tomorrow and will have to risk running it gently for the journey home.

Rich

Think I've got one, will have a look. Instead of M25/M40 you can do M4/M5 to Stafford :)

AndyG
29-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Are you sure it is a CoP ? they don't often fail.

Could be water in plug hole 8.

My misfire was an Injector fail.

Richb
29-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Think I've got one, will have a look. Instead of M25/M40 you can do M4/M5 to Stafford :)

Great! If you can let me know if you have on Herman, that shouldn't be too much out of the way. The reason I'm asking for one is so that I don't do the full journey with a misfire. I suppose I should see how hard they are to change in the dark!

Are you sure it is a CoP ? they don't often fail.

Could be water in plug hole 8.

My misfire was an Injector fail.

It has been diagnosed with misfire on cylinder 7 by a garage. I don't know what they've used to make the diagnosis but there is a print out? I just thought swapping the coil is an easy check if I can get hold of one.

cheers,
Rich

Herman
29-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Just checked, got a few coil-packs.

AndyG
29-12-2014, 07:29 PM
I suppose I should see how hard they are to change in the dark!

It has been diagnosed with misfire on cylinder 7 by a garage. I don't know what they've used to make the diagnosis but there is a print out? I just thought swapping the coil is an easy check if I can get hold of one.
cheers, Rich
With a flash light can be done easy.

Swap CoP 7 with another and see if the fault moves ?

Richb
29-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Just checked, got a few coil-packs.

With a flash light can be done easy.

Swap CoP 7 with another and see if the fault moves ?

Cheers Guys.

Herman I will send you a PM.

does anyone know the bolt size for the coil off the top of their heads? And if anything needs to be moved out of the way to get access?

Cheers,
Rich

Herman
29-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Cheers Guys.

Herman I will send you a PM.

does anyone know the bolt size for the coil off the top of their heads? And if anything needs to be moved out of the way to get access?

Cheers,
Rich

Bolt is 7 or 8mm and apart from disconnecting the plug nothing else needs to be removed.