PDA

View Full Version : Nice shiny Grill mesh, where from?

Keith
22-11-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't like the matt black gill mesh inserts on my black car plus the bottom one is flopping about like a cat flap, as I intend to have the bumper off to upgrade the hooter I would like to put some stainless steel mesh in place instead, what is available and where from?

kookiemg
23-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Take a look here for details...http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=31564&highlight=bumper
There is a supplier mentioned in there somewhere..and have a look at Geoffs car on cotm here on 260s.

Redrover
23-11-2006, 12:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Keith

I don't like the matt black gill mesh inserts on my black car plus the bottom one is flopping about like a cat flap, as I intend to have the bumper off to upgrade the hooter I would like to put some stainless steel mesh in place instead, what is available and where from?

Keith, there is a company who could help here.
Lockwoods tel: 01132 440070 Supply woven mesh 44"x9" or 10"x24" grade 316L.
John

kookiemg
23-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Yes that's the one - Superdials is also Lockwoods...one and the same.

This mesh is exactly what Geoff used on his.

www.superdials.com

Keith
23-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Ta very muchly that's the stuff

zttal
23-11-2006, 10:59 PM
You can also get proper woven stainless mesh from Halfords/Ripspeed, that's what I'm going to use when I eventually get round to it.

Keith
24-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Halfords...........

Place brings me out in a rash to many PFYs in there for my liking but I might venture down to the one in Oswestry and park up next to the most gawdy looking Nova and see what they have to offer, if nothing more than to annoy the Nova and Saxo owners in the car park.

kookiemg
24-11-2006, 06:47 PM
I found the Telford one quite good in the past...well as 'good' as Halfords could be....

NOCTURNAL
30-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Not sure if anyones used these peeps before, but I know theyve been about for donkey's
Found another source...

ESP Design have some mesh too. that they claim to be 'MG original'
http://www.espdesign.co.uk/esp.storefront/EN/Product/38807

Its not cheap, but what is these days...

I really Think Keith should take 'mesh fitting' to the top of his to-do list.... along with fitting the extra horn , as The one we have is truely pathetic...[:I]

Nick :D

Keith
30-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Mesh has arrived, Horn has arrived (£4.95) I fancy a replacement K&N airfilter then off with Bumper (again) and away I go I notice the Rad fan is the same one as on the CDT I wonder if it has the PWM circuit in the relay box as well or just relays. I might need to add my little fan control box as well.

I also need to check if the motor uses multiple windings for speed control or those dreadful resistors that seem to burn out so regularly, oops hang on forgot I have the diagrams................

Oooer the gateway controls the motor, looks like we have only two speeds available. No resistor but the weak spot is still going to be the main earth brush on the black wire but depending on the motor duty cycle in this installation it may last longer in the 260. 50-60K is all they seem good for in a normal 75 or ZT

Keith
01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
I have just been sent some old ZTT brochures etc and one of them announces the MG ZT 120 and it has a Stainless (well not black) grill. So are we making our wolves look even more discreet like a 120 then ;) or did the stainless mesh become available on all models eventually ?

dubbs
17-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Keith - want to do the stainless mesh on my pearl black 260 also.... can you let me know how easy it was and send a pic so I can see if it looks as good as I imagine please?