PDA

View Full Version : No heater, radio, wing mirrors or windows!

mattbishton
13-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Hi all,

Just had my V8 back from a bodyshop who have refurbished the alloys and they said they had an electrical problem (wasn't present when I sent them the car)

Now it's back, none of the following are working :

Heater, radio, wing mirrors or electric windows! - however, the orange backlight for each are working well.

I can't imagine these are all controlled by one single fuse - am I wrong??

If not, does anyone else have any experience with this as I want to take it for MoT next week and would like everything working as I will be advertising it for sale post MoT.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

AndyG
13-11-2014, 07:35 PM
What other work did they do ?

Nich
13-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi Matt,

There are a number of things that you could try, the 260's are well known for producing all sorts of peculiar symptoms usually to do with the battery.

How old is your battery? If it has been left for a few days and lost it's charge then that can throw up some peculiar symptoms which usually clear after a battery disconnect for 20 to 30 minutes.

Simple enough solution to try first.

Nich.

mattbishton
13-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi,

Not really sure how old the battery is as it came with the car. I think it went flat while it was there as I told them I was in no rush for it, so think they might have jump started it or charged it up, but might have a try with the disconnect as you suggest and see what happens after that - if anything but hope it all comes back to life soon!

To answer Andy's question, they refurbed all the alloys (front and back) with the factory diamond turned finish to the front and also repainted the front bumper as it was stone chipped. Other than that, it's not in bad condition as it's only done 49,000 miles from new.

Thanks again Nich!

Nich
13-11-2014, 07:59 PM
I know when mine went flat after being left for a bit I charged it but it still caused problems in spite of reading fully charged. As it was the original battery I replaced it and like magic everything worked again.

Some members have experienced all sorts of issues such as one window working and the other not.

Your battery should have a date stamp on it somewhere.

Is it a 260 or a V8 R75?

Good luck, keep us informed.

Nich.

mattbishton
13-11-2014, 08:09 PM
I can't see myself being that lucky but found a brand new Varta battery for £50, so if the reset doesn't work, I'll try that... will keep you informed, thanks!

Herman
13-11-2014, 09:21 PM
I can't see myself being that lucky but found a brand new Varta battery for £50, so if the reset doesn't work, I'll try that... will keep you informed, thanks!

Good luck, if the battery doesn't work.......BCU?

mattbishton
15-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Fuse 11 seems to have cured most things! I need to check more but looking good - thanks all.

Nich
17-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Did you get my PM Matt?

Nich.