PDA

View Full Version : Rover 75V8 Anti Lock Brake Modulator

RoverP5BCoupe
27-10-2014, 06:40 AM
Hi there, does anyone know where I can purchase a ABS Modulator for my 75V8 please? or recommend a repairer if this is an option. The V6 ones are different, I know I've tried fitting one. Mine shows ABS and Traction Control warning lights even after ABS front sensors replaced. Fault appears to be in modulator and as such a small number made I can't find one Rimmers has none, any help appreciated please.

Kind regards Mark

colintf
27-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi and welcome to you down in Australia :)

Nich
27-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Bosch number is : 0 265 223 006

Strangely enough for a BMW E39 it's : 0 265 223 001

From David (Greeners)
Date: 14 October 2014 15:24:09 BST
To: <davidgreenfield@totalise.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Bosch 5.7 ABS Module
Reply-To: <support@sinspeed.co.uk>
Hello David

Thank you for your enquiry,

We can fully Test + Repair the ABS Pump Module and the estimated cost of repairs will be £150 - £250 +Vat. Our current turnaround time is 3-5 working days and all repaired units are returned with our Lifetime warranty and will not require coding when refitting to the vehicle.

When sending a unit to us, please also send to our workshop address below.

SINSPEED LTD
Unit 5 Brookmarsh Industrial Estate
70 Norman Road, Greenwich
London, SE10 9QE

Put a note with the unit stating your full name, return address and contact number as well as vehicles details (make/model/year and vehicle registration) along with a brief description of the fault and any fault codes you might have.

If you have any further queries, please do come back to me.

Kindest Regards

Jay
Support Team
SINSPEED LTD
T: 0844 847 9999

--
We've just launched our NEW Sinspeed Forum and would love it if you could join us:
http://www.sinspeed.co.uk/forum - It takes just 1 minute to join, literally :)

On a side note, if you get a chance, head over to our facebook fan page here:
http://www.facebook.com/sinspeed - Like us on Facebook & We'll Love You Forever!

These two posts may help Mark, there was a post regading someone in NZ who may be able to help. I will find it and let you know. Oh, and welcome along, what are the last three digits of your VIN? Any photos..:)

Found this post from Terry who is in Christchurch, New Zealand, posted on 10/10/2014:

Hi sorry I haven't been on here for a few days so only just seen this. I was the lucky one that started this thread. I can confirm that a R75 unit (the electrical part) with traction control will bolt up to the V8 hydraulic part and assuming that unit is OK will get the ABS light out, but the traction control will show a fault and not work. The traction control works totally different between the V6 and V8 units. I have had 2 units successfully repaired here in NZ so if no one in Europe wants to do it I would happily co ordinate repairs here if anyone wanted to send me their unit. regards Terry

If you return your questionnaire to Tim and get full access then there are quite a few posts on this topic and some useful information.

Nich.

RoverP5BCoupe
27-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks very much gents, this is really helpful, I'll reply to questionnaire with details of my car as requested, still at work but will do before I go tonight. I think I'll get in touch with the lad in NZ sounds good for a repair job.

Thanks again Mark

Tim
27-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Also welcome to greenness Mark :)