PDA

View Full Version : The Return! (again)

SteveTD
22-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Chaps!

Hope everyone is keeping well?

After what is a 5 year hiatus, I'm scanning the ad's for another nice 260 (or 75).
I really miss the Bittersweet one I sadly binned!

So the criteria is monogram; low miles and well cared for.

I see most of you boys have been working the piggy bank hard and actually gone ahead with the Supercharger install.
Are there any reviews on this?...!

I've taken the 101 route and directly messaged a few guys to see if i can tempt them. One I can't get old of ('Thunderbird') and the other isn't for turning! (Mr Newey!)

Anyway, fingers crossed!

Steve

colintf
22-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Good to have you back soon :cool:

SteveTD
22-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Cheers Colin!

I need to get up to speed with the latest/best exhaust options too. I used to like the old X-Powers. Anything out there to trump this? Criteria: loud with some snap, crackle and pop ;)

colintf
22-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Cheers Colin!

I need to get up to speed with the latest/best exhaust options too. I used to like the old X-Powers. Anything out there to trump this? Criteria: loud with some snap, crackle and pop ;)

YES! XPowers with tubes in them :)

Stu C
22-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Not sure what low milage you're after but i'm selling my 260, monogram mirage with the tubed xpowers :D

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?14454-171-up-for-sale&highlight=

SteveTD
22-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi Stu

Yes I did clock your one is the ads list! I think the mileage & accident damage is a bit off-putting for the price; but it sounds like you've looked after it really well! Looks like Colin is a massive fan of the car too ;)

What BHP does it make - do you know? Isn't the pulleys/uprated cam/filters a 320bhp upgrade?

Steve

pete260
22-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Have you seen the one forsale on autotrader,looks very nice and lpg.
Pete

Stu C
22-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Heya Steve

Well tbh the accident damage i nedent have put as it's all of a solid repair but encase anyone came across pictures of the car with gaping hole in the front, it's best to be honest. Though it is on offer, but yeah heh a few people are with hearing it and stuff too ;)

It makes if i remember rightly circa 300bhp from the old RR print outs in the car (cold and rainy at the mo will dig them out)

SteveTD
22-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Hey Pete

Yes - that was for sale on here last year. Been well maintained that one. For me, mirage is lovely but not a true monogram colour. I see my old Poseidon one has come back for sale on Autotrader!

Tim
22-10-2014, 08:36 PM
You don't get so much crackle from the exhaust with a S/c installed. But it does bark :). Noticed you have been stalking more frequently :)

SteveTD
24-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Well I did it - I'm back. Hope to pick up the old girl in the next couple of days.
It felt right to be honest - I know the car; and I've previously bought from James so it was an easy decision.

I will still keep keeping my eyes peeled for either Shot Silk or Bittersweet - but I suspect the wait time on those will be many years - and life is too short so meanwhile!....

colintf
24-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Well I did it - I'm back. Hope to pick up the old girl in the next couple of days.
It felt right to be honest - I know the car; and I've previously bought from James so it was an easy decision.

I will still keep keeping my eyes peeled for either Shot Silk or Bittersweet - but I suspect the wait time on those will be many years - and life is too short so meanwhile!....

well done for bringing her home again Steve :thumb

SteveTD
24-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks Pal.

I really would like to meet some of you guys soon - I didn't ever get to any meets before but defo will this time around
PS Just got my insurance with Pete Best - christ they're cheap! ;)
PPS Ive also ordered some rear lights like the Swedish Fella with the Poseidon car has got (Pete V8 is it?)

colintf
24-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Thanks Pal.

I really would like to meet some of you guys soon - I didn't ever get to any meets before but defo will this time around
PS Just got my insurance with Pete Best - christ they're cheap! ;)
PPS Ive also ordered some rear lights like the Swedish Fella with the Poseidon car has got (Pete V8 is it?)

Super! Brooklands and POL are usually well attended gatherings Steve :)

SteveTD
24-10-2014, 06:00 PM
when are they held?

SteveTD
24-10-2014, 06:04 PM
I've just enrolled me and the mrs into the MGCC. God I'm such a good boyfriend lol

colintf
24-10-2014, 06:08 PM
I've just enrolled me and the mrs into the MGCC. God I'm such a good boyfriend lol

Good man :)

peterv8
24-10-2014, 10:49 PM

So you also like these lights!:-D
Did you buy back your old car which also was poseidon?

SteveTD
24-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Yes I certainly did ;)

I should be collecting her tomorrow. Can't wait!

i'll be stealing your design pretty soon! ;)