PDA

View Full Version : V8 Shopping

JakeWilson
21-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Evening folks,

Finally I am in a position to buy a V8 in terms of finance and space, and there aren't many better places to seek specific V8 advice than here.

I'm looking to spend a maximum of 6k, ideally facelift, but not silver or grey. (Prepares for flack!)

I'm not averse to a project vehicle either, obviously if the price is right.

Any pointers, or heads up would be most appreciated. :D

Cheers gents,

Jake

eurorover
21-10-2014, 11:10 PM
evening jake nice to see you here and entering the world of 16 valve

Slickster
21-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Evening folks,

Finally I am in a position to buy a V8 in terms of finance and space, and there aren't many better places to seek specific V8 advice than here.

I'm looking to spend a maximum of 6k, ideally facelift, but not silver or grey. (Prepares for flack!)

Cheers gents,

Jake

You looking for a ZT or R75 flavour?

Though you won't get a R75 V8 Tourer for £6k :)

colintf
21-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Good position to be in Jake :thumb

JakeWilson
21-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the welcoming responses gents!

I've not got my mind set up either way in terms of 75/ZT. I think it's very much a case of 'when the right car comes along' :-)

With regards a 75 V8 tourer, I do have some extra funds which I could justify using for one of those alone, but would ideally like to keep this reserve, as a reserve!

AndyG
22-10-2014, 02:02 AM
I've not got my mind set up either way in terms of 75/ZT. .................

It's Auto or Manual.
Soft or Hard suspension.

Easy

colintf
22-10-2014, 06:09 AM

I've not got my mind set up either way in terms of 75/ZT. I think it's very much a case of 'when the right car comes along' :-)

With regards a 75 V8 tourer, I do have some extra funds which I could justify using for one of those alone, but would ideally like to keep this reserve, as a reserve!

I know two great early cars

a ZTT260se pre facelift (so very rare) in XPG
a ZT260SE pre facelift in Mirage

both I would have without a second thought if I was looking :cool:

Exile_Brummie
22-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Hi Jake,

Good luck with your search and welcome to V8 land.

I have purchased something from you in the past, can't recal what it was now. Be good to catchup with you at a V8 meet when you find the right car.

Evening folks,

Cheers gents,

Jake

tonybubble
22-10-2014, 01:55 PM

What you need, Jake, is O7 - ZT & 75 in one!! :D

JakeWilson
25-10-2014, 09:33 PM
What you need, Jake, is O7 - ZT & 75 in one!! :D

You can't part with 07 Tony! :-O

I've been to look at two so far, neither sadly local, the search continues.

tonybubble
26-10-2014, 10:04 AM
You can't part with 07 Tony! :-O

I think that Wyn might be getting a bit fed up with it, though!

JakeWilson
26-10-2014, 04:49 PM
I think that Wyn might be getting a bit fed up with it, though!

Oh dear! How far along is she?

eurorover
26-10-2014, 11:05 PM
WYN is no where near fed up with it. Wyn will be sad when it is finished. Tony will be crying!

tonybubble
27-10-2014, 09:20 AM
WYN is no where near fed up with it. Wyn will be sad when it is finished. Tony will be crying!

Tears of joy, Wyn!! :):D

Tim
01-11-2014, 09:15 AM
I hope there's going to be a write up somewhere boys. :)

Tears of joy, Wyn!! :):D

Big Frank
04-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Hi Jake,
I know you are looking for a facelift model but why not consider a near immaculate black earlier model with a brand new engine and ancillaries plus almost everything else replaced all within the last 10K. If interested then please contact me although you will have to consider a bit more than the £6k budget but what price for a fully sorted perfect car with only 46k on the clock?

JakeWilson
05-11-2014, 11:39 PM
Hi Frank,

Thanks for thinking of me. I'm not dead-set on a Mk2, it's merely a preference. :-)

Your car does sounds lovely, and I believe was brought to my attention some time back (before the engine change).

If anything, it's a little too sorted for what I'm after, and budget wise, I really can't justify any more, considering I have 4 other 75/ZTs to maintain.

Best of luck with a future sale, I doubt she'll be available for long!