PDA

View Full Version : #167 Mk1 260 Se For Sale

Max260
18-09-2014, 12:16 PM
I have had great fun with this car. My health is forcing me to sell the car and it needs to go to someone who will again look after it.

#167 is a Mk1 model, With new Eibac rear springs, new front Bilstein gas shocks, new clutch (uprated Heavy Duty LUK), new radiator and thermostat. Fuel pump and hand brake mod's done.

Fitted with BBK 78mm Throttle Body, Silicon cold air intake system with Pipercross Viper air filter, Uprated Accel High voltage COP's, Powerflow exhaust system (plus originals) which upgrades power to around 300 bhp and has increased top speed by 10 mph. LED rear lights.

ICE includes 7" monitors in both front headrests, DVD player, HK Sound System with IR remote controls. Electric seats and 6cd changer in the boot. Road tax is £285 a year.

Serviced with Austins Garage in Burton on Trent since I've owned it. Gearbox and rear diff oils changed at around 60K.

Suffers from a "Not so excellent" heating system (they all do) but has had all the common areas that tend to go wrong addressed and either replaced or fixed. Still goes like stink and I will be sad to see it go.

67326733673467356736673767386739674067416742674367 44

A great car to own. Grey metallic, 4 owners, Next MOT due 20/03/2015, Tax expires 31/03/2015, Part service history, Electric sunroof, Electric windows, Air conditioning, Satellite navigation, CD player, Leather trim, Heated seats, Height adjustable driver's seat, Height adjustable passenger seat, Folding rear seats, Sports seats, Alloy wheels, Power steering, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Central locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Driver's airbags, Side airbags, Passenger airbags. 4 seats, £5,900.

colintf
18-09-2014, 12:23 PM
sorry to see you selling max and good luck with the sale :)

jenksman
18-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi
What's wrong with the heating/ zircon system?
What is the mileage?
Dave

taine
20-09-2014, 12:57 PM
PM sent :)

Max260
03-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Not much interest I'm afraid. So I have reduced this to £5400 now. Forgot the mileage last time. Its 125K. No longer used and is sitting on the driveway. Goes out once a week for a little run. Still love it to bits. But, it has to go to a new home. I still think that the body style on these cars is classic. The design will never go out of fashion. They look as good as they were new and really do hold their looks and performance. Infact I think they improve with age. But, that's just my view.

Somebody must know someone who is looking for a bit of fun for a while???

Max

Bluesnooty
17-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Max
I've been trying contact you for the past 3 days about your car, please PM me to arrange a viewing, I live only 8 miles away!
David

AndyG
17-10-2014, 12:53 PM

WELCOME :D

MG ZT260 FAQ (http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html)

Two-sixties Blog (http://two-sixties-blog.com/)

Public Section (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?150-Public-Section)

Items For Sale in Public Section (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?90-Items-for-sale)
List of MG ZT/ZTT/75 V8s For Sale (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?13272-List-of-MG-ZT-ZTT-75-V8s-FOR-SALE)

(We have many threads in the Members Section that will help you when you own a 260/75V8)
If you have other any question please ask.

Max260
09-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Not much interest so far.
Just time wasters so far and the usual eastern european fraud tricksters on Google and one who wanted to break it to stuff bits into a Discovery.
Front brake pads being replaced this week and its off for a service later this month.
The persistent water leak in the boot was finally cured a couple of weeks ago and the car is totally waterproof out in the heavy rain we've been having.
Still runs like a dream and purrs like the proverbial big cat.

Max

Max260
14-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Little Willy has been sold today.

Going to a good new home in West London.

Will still stay on the forum if you'll have me.

Max

Stu C
14-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Good news :) Seems the right people are out there for the right car. Sold mine Last weekend too :(

colintf
14-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Little Willy has been sold today.

Going to a good new home in West London.

Will still stay on the forum if you'll have me.

Max

Well done Max
please stick around :thumb

Tim
15-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Good to see you've been able to pass it on to a good home and not too far from me. :)

Will the car be coming back into the collective Max?

Max260
17-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Tim,

Yup I think the car and its new owner will be coming back. The chaps name is Barry Greenaway and he lives in Hayes, London. He is a bit of a classic car nut and has been looking for a v8. I think he will keep using Nicks as his garage, unless there is a good recomended one in his vicinity i.e. anywhere in west London area as he lives next to Heathrow airport. Little Willy goes for a service tomorrow at nicks and then his new owner picks him up on Wednesday.

Going to be a sad day seeing him drive away. Part of me doesn't want to part with the car. But times have changed and I cannot look after it the way I should any more. So at least he is going to a good home.

I'll be keeping in contact. Thanks everyone for fantastic support over the years and the great friendships that developed.

All the best,

Max