PDA

View Full Version : Retrofit Cruise control to Mk1.5 ?

T16
18-05-2014, 11:01 PM
Hi Folks,

Is there anyone here with some REALLY detailed knowledge of the "Mk1.5" models off the production line?

Im interested in #216 but realise the only thing its missing it cruise.

Now its easy enough to get the actuator, cable and bracket, but does anyone know what the chances are of this chassis number having the loom inside for the cruise switches and the Cruise control module near the glovebox?

What would be the easiest way to check? If the panel where the CC on/off switch was removed and there was a "spare" connector for the cruise switch, would this indicate that the rest of the cruise loom might well be there, or is this no indicator whatsoever?!

Im assuming there would have to be connectors for the pedal switches as well as the CC module also, as well as the loom to the actuator in the engine bay?

If someone has detailed knowledge of this stuff I would be very grateful, as cruise is a big issue for me, if #216 had it, Im sure it would be on my drive already by now.

Many thanks!

colintf
18-05-2014, 11:06 PM
The best cruise control is skillfull use of your right foot :)

Tim
18-05-2014, 11:26 PM
The info is not conclusive, parking aid etc is there but no cruise. But it does not confirm if the loom was put in. I'd suggest its not.

peterv8
19-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Does it have to be OEM?
I fitted a Waeco MS-50 to mine.:-)

https://www.google.se/search?q=waeco+ms-50&client=firefox-a&hs=yZV&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Ui55U8_pK66Q4gTa6IGgBA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=913&dpr=1

Mounted the actuator here,

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/500/medium/IMAG0282.jpg

(https://www.google.se/search?q=waeco+ms-50&client=firefox-a&hs=yZV&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Ui55U8_pK66Q4gTa6IGgBA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1680&bih=913&dpr=1)Almost OEM blua as the washer fluid cap!:-)

greeners
19-05-2014, 10:33 AM
You can't tell by chassis number alone, quickest way is to whip the switch panel off and see if the plug for the switch is there. It may be wrapped in foam and tucked behind the cup holder assembly

I've assembled all the bits for mine, just got to build the loom :(

T16
19-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Was Cruise actually an option for the Mk1's or just not available at all?

You think if it had the extra connector behind the switch panel its likely to have the wiring for the actuator unit in the engine bay somewhere?

If its not present in the bay, would the loom/connector for the actuator be tucked in the plenum chamber?

Many thanks.

T16
01-06-2014, 03:21 AM
Guys,

The owner kindly checked that behind the switch panel near the A/C controls, there IS a spare connector thats in the loom, but its NOT green, but black....

Does that mean that its for something other than cruise?

If so, what could the spare connector possibly be?

colintf
01-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Guys,

The owner kindly checked that behind the switch panel near the A/C controls, there IS a spare connector thats in the loom, but its NOT green, but black....

Does that mean that its for something other than cruise?

If so, what could the spare connector possibly be?

Rear blind??? :cool: