PDA

View Full Version : V800 OMG for sale

Ric
20-10-2013, 07:27 PM
The Whole thing - not just the plates!

With a daughter off to Uni, I can't justify the luxury of my beautiful car. Thanks to all on the Two-Sixties - I learned so much about the car from you guys. I will be back!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200977381976?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks Again

Ric

colintf
20-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Sorry to see you sselling good luck :thumb

Ken B
20-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Lovely example, sorry that you are selling but hopefully it will go to another loving home... good luck with the sale and watch out for tire kickers...

AndyG
20-10-2013, 08:10 PM
What is the VIN please?

Good Luck with the sale.

Herman
20-10-2013, 08:24 PM
#379 if I'm not mistaken

AndyG
20-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Thank You Herman.

Tim
21-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Beautiful colour Ric, what's the guide price you would be happy with please.

Cheers Tim

AndyG
22-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Tim, in defence. If a price is quoted it would not be an auction.

Is there a secret of the reserve? Do Auction Houses quote a reserve price??

Nich
22-10-2013, 08:18 AM
I read it as £5500.

Nich.

stevemiller
24-10-2013, 11:42 PM
How much for the plate alone Ric?

Herman
25-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Ebay ad says £500

T16
28-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Did this sell?

I noticed it didnt meet the reserve...

Ric
05-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Hi all

well, car finally sold. Collected from my drive this evening and I have a sort of cold empty feeling about it. Yes, I 'll miss the Red Beast, but I asked myself, exactly what will I miss. well, clearly the girl at the petrol station, first and foremost. I saw her far too frequently! The sound, the grin, the smell, the seats, the driving position, the waxing, the smile, the pride, the worry, the look on the face of the 3series driver who thinks he's pulled up next to a Rover.... All of these and more.

my son and I went for a last drive, stopped at the pub and gazed at the car, and you know, we agreed that the thing we'll miss the most is the smell. Inside that car, the mix of leather, wax and the mustiness of a 10 year old car was simply the best, better than all the rest, better than anything I 'love ever known (hey that sounds like a song...). The car was kept in the garage off the kitchen, and many times, I'd make a cup of tea and take it to the garage and sit in the car - comforting is the only word. Oh yes, I'd then take it for a hell of a ride after!

So farewell to one and all. My car has gone and moved to Prague. Look after your cars, keep them genuine and don't be tempted to "personalise" them, remember they are not ZS's!. You are owners of a slice of History, and they must be both enjoyed and cherished, nurtured, if you will.

When you come to sell, don't take stupid offers. I received really silly offers, they were an insult, to be honest. Advertise the car for what you feel is realistic and don't take a penny less. If your car is genuine, there will always be a buyer.

So thanks to everyone on this site, I've never been a big contributor, but always a big reader. Bye

LeRoiDeLaRue
05-07-2014, 12:53 AM
Boss motor that lad

I had a TVR Griff 500 once. Better to have loved, and lost ...

T16
05-07-2014, 10:08 AM
This car is up for sale again recently...

Is it the new owner from Prague thats selling it, as it seems to be based in England still !

Edit:- my stupidity, I see you posted that today! Shame to see it leave the UK.

Thats one lucky Czech.. And a big fuel bill driving it across!

Ric
05-07-2014, 10:35 AM
The guy that has bought the car is a Yorkshireman, currently working in Prague. He's a total petrolhead and has longed for a Firefrost 260 for years. He is, as you say, a very lucky guy.

woolleysox
05-07-2014, 11:47 AM
:DBig Fuel Bill !!! but what a drive to Prague :Dvroom vroom good luck to the new owner.

Tim
05-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Keep in touch Ric as a Purple you still have access. :)

Hi all

well, car finally sold. Collected from my drive this evening and I have a sort of cold empty feeling about it. Yes, I 'll miss the Red Beast, but I asked myself, exactly what will I miss. well, clearly the girl at the petrol station, first and foremost. I saw her far too frequently! The sound, the grin, the smell, the seats, the driving position, the waxing, the smile, the pride, the worry, the look on the face of the 3series driver who thinks he's pulled up next to a Rover.... All of these and more.

my son and I went for a last drive, stopped at the pub and gazed at the car, and you know, we agreed that the thing we'll miss the most is the smell. Inside that car, the mix of leather, wax and the mustiness of a 10 year old car was simply the best, better than all the rest, better than anything I 'love ever known (hey that sounds like a song...). The car was kept in the garage off the kitchen, and many times, I'd make a cup of tea and take it to the garage and sit in the car - comforting is the only word. Oh yes, I'd then take it for a hell of a ride after!

So farewell to one and all. My car has gone and moved to Prague. Look after your cars, keep them genuine and don't be tempted to "personalise" them, remember they are not ZS's!. You are owners of a slice of History, and they must be both enjoyed and cherished, nurtured, if you will.

When you come to sell, don't take stupid offers. I received really silly offers, they were an insult, to be honest. Advertise the car for what you feel is realistic and don't take a penny less. If your car is genuine, there will always be a buyer.

So thanks to everyone on this site, I've never been a big contributor, but always a big reader. Bye

Les4048
12-07-2014, 04:21 PM
"So farewell to one and all. My car has gone and moved to Prague. Look after your cars, keep them genuine and don't be tempted to "personalise" them, remember they are not ZS's!. You are owners of a slice of History, and they must be both enjoyed and cherished, nurtured, if you will."

Very good point actually, I was tempted to fit a Seat Leon splitter, especially as the car is being resprayed any way but I stopped myself. The sills and bumper pods are genuine X Power so that's fine but I really don't want to mess too much with the car

colintf
12-07-2014, 05:50 PM
You have now sold Les?? :(

Les4048
12-07-2014, 05:56 PM
You have now sold Les?? :(

Noooooo I've quoted a part of Ric's post. Absolutely no plans to sell just the opposite in fact Colin. It's away being resprayed and then I've something else planned for it :-)

colintf
12-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Noooooo I've quoted a part of Ric's post. Absolutely no plans to sell just the opposite in fact Colin. It's away being resprayed and then I've something else planned for it :-)

Thats what I thought Les :)