PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Rear Seat back frame. Saloon type

Jessica
01-09-2013, 10:23 PM
I am after the frame work for the rear seat back. Or a second hand seat back. My covers are fine but whilst inspecting the push rod which got jammed and broke a piece off the release catches. I noticed the frame is heavily rusted around the squab locking area. After unzipping one side. It doesn't look to clever.

No idea how it got like this as it only seems to be in a certain place both sides.

Rimmer bros have quoted £150 plus vat and shipping.

Any ideas?

Bainzi
01-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the Two Sixties. You should be able to use any Saloon ZT rear seat frame as they are no different to the 260. Try your closest Rover/Mg breaker of search Ebay.

My rear seat frame was rusty around the locking points also. Was down to water leaking in the boot and running forward under braking and collecting under the rear seat. As soon as I could I took the rear seat out and dried out the foam fixed the various leak (which can be many) treated the areas of rust with rust eater and re painted the bits I could. No problems since and that was 4 years ago.
Tim will send you a form to fill in, once you have filled it in you`ll have access to lots of good info on the car.
If you also fill in the area where you live, you may find another owner near who could help with any problems queries etc.

Regards

Dominic22
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Hi Jessica

Not sure where you are based but I have a ZT seat in grey Alcantara that you are welcome to, it is clean and in good shape. Free, just collect or pay for postage.

Jessica
02-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Dominic. Is it the folding down type with the ski hatch? I am not too fussed about what covers its wearing as I can swap them over (I'm Hoping)

I am in Buckingham (looks like I need to update profile a bit). I don't mind paying postage if it works out a lot cheaper than a round trip to collect.

Jessica