PDA

View Full Version : 260 Wheels

mog260
22-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi folks, I'm now the proud owner of a ZT-T 260 and as I do a bit of detailing in my spare time I plan to keep the car in as near perfect condition as possible.

It does have one of two very tiny chips in the paint - no problem as I know the paint code BUT not too sure about the wheels?

Do anyone know what the paint code is for those lovely standard 18"ers? It looks like they are painted silver / gun metal flecks (unless that's just dirt I have yet to clean off!!!)... Was planning on getting the wheels off over the winter and trying to get them back into A1 condition myself without having them refurbished. They're not kerbed, just looks like the paint has come away in a few places :(

Thanks!

pessling
22-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Assuming they are apex wheels then its shadow chrome

mog260
22-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Ah thanks for the info. They are standard Apex wheels.

So looks like Shadow Chrome is paint code MBM http://www.mgf-tf-central.co.uk/paint_codes.shtml

Might try and get some mixed up sometime.

3disco
22-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Ah thanks for the info. They are standard Apex wheels.

So looks like Shadow Chrome is paint code MBM http://www.mgf-tf-central.co.uk/paint_codes.shtml

Might try and get some mixed up sometime.

Is not shadow chrome silver painted over black?

ColinE
22-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Yes it is and very difficult to match - every wheel finisher seems to have their own version

mog260
22-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Hopefully I can clean them up, not sure if I want to try mixing and matching paint, the wheels aren't that bad.

Slightly different subject, can I buy a standard rover 75 jack to lift the side of the car? Have read the 260 isn't compatible with the ZT/75 jack? I have a trolly jack, anyone suggest a good safe point to position it?

Thanks!

Nich
23-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Hi Tim,

Welcome to ownership, have you sent your questionnaire back to Tim yet? If you do you will find all the answers to these questions when you get access to the full forum.

Jacking Points:

Nich.

mog260
23-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks Nich,

I have sent my form back yet, apart from the VIN number, car's currently in my garage and can't open the passenger door! Will hopefully supply it at some point over the weekend.

Was going to try and get the wheels off and clean / clean arches (pre-waxoyl) over the BH weekend. Hope the weather allows :)

Tim

zt954
23-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Vin number is also bottom of the windscreen passenger side and top of suspension turret driver's side if this helps