PDA

View Full Version : 2x tyres 225/45/18

PaulT
07-07-2013, 07:58 PM
If anyone has some spare tyres in this size, I really need a set as mine have disintegrated over the weekend...

tonybubble
07-07-2013, 09:42 PM
If anyone has some spare tyres in this size, I really need a set as mine have disintegrated over the weekend...

I have two new Dunlop SP01s (91W) - half way there! :)

PaulT
07-07-2013, 11:34 PM
I only need two, I got the car with the rears a bit low but didn't realize how quickly these go through them!

MrDoodles
08-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Saw these earlier on eBay, if there any good! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tyres-225-45-18-Mg-Zt-Tyres-/290943078951?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item43bd8f1227

AndyG
08-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Saw these earlier on eBay, if there any good! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tyres-225-45-18-Mg-Zt-Tyres-/290943078951?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item43bd8f1227

I do not trust second hand tires, let alone Jinyu, OK as a spare.

I saw some tests on strange tires and they were 30% less efficient with braking distance.

Zt pony
09-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I agree entirely Andy. Is it worth it..save a few quid, and you end up dead Also. isn't it illegal to have different Tire makes on the same axle ? They had a serious test on second hand tires the other month, in a respectable car mag, and the results where frightening ! ( from german sourced ,s/h tire sellers ) It's even as frightening when you see some of the tires tests..showing braking distances / difference between..according to makes/ prices etc The difference between braking distances = life/ v death !!! And, what the hell's the point in having a hi perf car..and shoving crap tires on it ! AND..you don't have to spend an absolute fortune on tires..my beloved Toyo T1 Sports, are far from being the most expensive !! And, Federal 539's, aren't at all expensive.. and they are good !! Regard.s Harry
I do not trust second hand tires, let alone Jinyu, OK as a spare.

I saw some tests on strange tires and they were 30% less efficient with braking distance.

AndyG
09-07-2013, 02:04 AM
...........Toyo T1 Sports,.........

I use Toyos, the grip is fantastic. (The estate helps with more weight over the back wheels)

Herman
09-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I agree entirely Andy. Is it worth it..save a few quid, and you end up dead Also. isn't it illegal to have different Tire makes on the same axle ? They had a serious test on second hand tires the other month, in a respectable car mag, and the results where frightening ! ( from german sourced ,s/h tire sellers ) It's even as frightening when you see some of the tires tests..showing braking distances / difference between..according to makes/ prices etc The difference between braking distances = life/ v death !!! And, what the hell's the point in having a hi perf car..and shoving crap tires on it ! AND..you don't have to spend an absolute fortune on tires..my beloved Toyo T1 Sports, are far from being the most expensive !! And, Federal 539's, aren't at all expensive.. and they are good !! Regard.s Harry

Don't you mean 595 ? I'm using those since 2008 and been fine with them. They are getting more expensive though and more difficult to source :)

AndyG
09-07-2013, 11:34 PM
............ They are getting more expensive though and more difficult to source :)

Toyos are available from Brian at a sensible price.

Zt pony
10-07-2013, 10:45 AM
I stand corrected ..Federal 595's ! mytires.co.uk = £412 for .. 4 tires..fitted/ balanced ( at one of their agents ).. Not a bad price !!!! They also do the drift/ comp 595 RS R ones..I read an article in a very respectable hi perf car/ race auzzy mag few yrs back. THE fastest tire tested was..a FEDERAL ..595 R something ( a road / track tire ) And he praised the TOYO T1R . Comparison against ALL posh/ serious tires..Pirelli Zero's, Bridgestone so2, Dunlop etc etcThe tester was a well known/ respected Australian racer/ and the track was a proper decent longish track ! NOT ..like some of these stupid "mickey mouse " half a mile ones some of these review peopole use ( AUTO EXPRESS etc ) Harry
Don't you mean 595 ? I'm using those since 2008 and been fine with them. They are getting more expensive though and more difficult to source :)

AndyG
10-07-2013, 06:35 PM
I................. Harry

Bridgestones didn't work on my car.

Zt pony
10-07-2013, 08:48 PM
I actually had Bridgestones on mine ..when I bought it. S03'S . Toyo T1 Sports..are absolutely miles better..in every way possible !

I feel rather guilty, in fact, because when I was having some" tire banter fun" , with nich, for some reason I had forgot that the tires I'd had on were in fact bridgestones and ...NOT..CONTINENTALS.. AS I STATED !!!! S O... I owe Nich an apology ..after rubbishing his beloved Conti's ...they were in fact Bridgestone's I'd taken off !!!!!! Oh well, we both lived happily ever after anyway !!!! Harry
Bridgestones didn't work on my car.