PDA

View Full Version : ZT 260 for Sale

kiwi.bloke
30-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Anyone know anything about the history of the BRG MkII 260 for sale on ebay at the moment - chassis 881, so third to last made. Wheels look to be powdercoated. Also the Black 260 that is for sale on ebay and at elitecar.co.uk via a dealer.

I am a potential overseas buyer so need to do as much research as possible before taking the next step. Cheers, Andrew

Herman
30-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Anyone know anything about the history of the BRG MkII 260 for sale on ebay at the moment - chassis 881, so third to last made. Wheels look to be powdercoated. Also the Black 260 that is for sale on ebay and at elitecar.co.uk via a dealer.

I am a potential overseas buyer so need to do as much research as possible before taking the next step. Cheers, Andrew

New Zealand ?

Anyway, buying from overseas without seeing the car I'd say Elite is probably your best bet.

colintf
30-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Hi and welcome

Are you able to view cars in the uk?
If not, as Herman suggests the car being sold by Elite (on here as "precious metal" I think) might be the better bet, unless you really really want the 3rd to last car built

Good luck

:cool:

AndyG
30-04-2013, 11:15 PM
WELCOME :D

MG ZT260 FAQ (http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260page.html)

Two-sixties Blog (http://two-sixties-blog.com/)

Items For Sale in Public Section (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/forumdisplay.php?90-Items-for-sale)

(We have many threads in the Members Section that will help you when you own a 260/75V8)

kiwi.bloke
01-05-2013, 01:27 AM
No not tied to the third to last one made! Prefer one that is straight and as original as possible. I grew up with MGs, old man still has 3 and finally in a position to own one but availability is some what limited over here so looking at importing. It would be imported into Australia - there are at least 20 in Australia that were officially imported by MG Rover prior to the admin, but they do not come up for sale often and the one that is for sale is well over priced!

colintf
01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Cool
Good luck in the hunt
What are the 3 MG's?
I grew up with a TC :thumb

Dominic22
01-05-2013, 07:57 AM
We have a few Australian Members who I am sure will see this and get it touch. There are a few coming up for sale at the moment. If you are interested in any I am sure a member here will have a look at it for you.
As a general rule, most of the cars owned by people on the site are well cared for and looked after really well, most have 260's improvements to the heater etc that the club have developed over the years.

There is one for sale at the moment with 26k miles Anthracite Grey (nearly black) that is in great shape and owned by a member with two really lovely 260's https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?12774-Mk1-ZT260SE-for-sale I would say this car might be a good fit. it has 19" wheels on at the moment but I think the original 18" are available with it.

kiwi.bloke
01-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Cool
Good luck in the hunt
What are the 3 MG's?
I grew up with a TC :thumb

TF, B and BGT. I always thought I would have a BGTV8 one day, but the engineering is still 1950s really so looking at more of a modern classic these days.

colintf
01-05-2013, 11:23 AM
TF, B and BGT. I always thought I would have a BGTV8 one day, but the engineering is still 1950s really so looking at more of a modern classic these days.

Nice :thumb
I also have a TF160 :cool:

jenksman
01-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Nice :thumb
I also have a TF160 :cool:

Hi Colin
I think our antipodian friend means a proper TF
Dave

Nich
01-05-2013, 01:16 PM
The one for sale by Elite is V8Tony's old car recently sold and is VIN #277.

Nich.

kiwi.bloke
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi Colin
I think our antipodian friend means a proper TF
Dave

Correct - now sold and has a Morris 8 Sports in bits - as well as a 56 Chev Bel Air. MGB is a 1963 model, with sadly a later 5 bearing engine fitted

kiwi.bloke
02-05-2013, 03:19 AM
The one for sale by Elite is V8Tony's old car recently sold and is VIN #277.

Nich.

Thanks! Known car then

Malcolmr
03-05-2013, 09:17 AM
No not tied to the third to last one made! Prefer one that is straight and as original as possible. I grew up with MGs, old man still has 3 and finally in a position to own one but availability is some what limited over here so looking at importing. It would be imported into Australia - there are at least 20 in Australia that were officially imported by MG Rover prior to the admin, but they do not come up for sale often and the one that is for sale is well over priced!

You will need to do your red tape homework thoroughlyor your car will sit on the docks unable to come into the country. Currently you will have trouble importing the car privately into Australia without "owning and living" with it for two years in the UK as you will be unable to demonstrate that it complies with current Australian Design Rules in order to register it. Owning and living with it for two years by-passes this requirement as the car then comes in as a "personal Import" under different requirements. You might like to talk to Stuart Ratcliffe of the MG Centre in Sydney as he is currently importing cars and arranging ADR compliance (I think).