PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Engine Management Light, Purge Valve Fault?

lagonda51
24-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Can anyone help please? On reading fault code, engine purge valve at fault, replaced with a known working one, reset, and within about 20 miles light came on again. Originaly when this first occurred I thought problem with emmission breather O/S cam caseing to throttle body pipe had split, (that has happened twice on my 260) but now has later modified breather pipe. (This is on Rover 75 4.6 ltr.)

eurorover
24-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the club of many !

Roger1
26-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Can anyone help please? On reading fault code, engine purge valve at fault, replaced with a known working one, reset, and within about 20 miles light came on again. Originaly when this first occurred I thought problem with emmission breather O/S cam caseing to throttle body pipe had split, (that has happened twice on my 260) but now has later modified breather pipe. (This is on Rover 75 4.6 ltr.)

I'd love to help. Have had the same problem for over two years and have tried many potential solutions, but the damned light is still there! Good luck, and if you do find the answer PLEASE let us know!

obiwan
26-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I am also interested in a solution! Same issue with my car.

Herman
26-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Been looking at some Mustang sites and they seem to have similar issues.

Some point to a faulty petrol filler cap (maybe drawing a slight vacuum in the tank, preventing the purge valve from working when open ???)

Roger1
31-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Yes, tried that. No luck. Having said that, our ZT-T has a broken petrol cap retainer, so I could fit that for a few km's and see if it makes a difference, as the other cap I tried may also have been faulty.

nick260
31-12-2012, 01:33 PM
just for info, mine came on 2 days after I bought car (3 years and 20000m ago), garage said it was O2 sensors on each bank. Car is gloriously LPG so better running slightly rich on gas than lean (apparently). Light has just gone off 250m ago. Surprising how you miss that comforting amber glow so pleased the ABS one has just replaced it !. Happy new year to you all, regards