PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for my Dream 260

ceedy
16-10-2012, 09:40 PM
But still ;) getting miffed I can't se any piccys of the beauties up for sale ? ;);)

Chris

colintf
16-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I hope this is rectified soon to help your hunting :cool:

Roadsterstu
16-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi, where are you looking for pics?Here or generally searching other websites such as Autotrader, etc?

ceedy
16-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi, where are you looking for pics?Here or generally searching other websites such as Autotrader, etc?

On here.. Although I understand the reasons given for limiting access, With only owners or ex owners able to view any advert does seem to be a bit limiting for sellers ;)

Chris

colintf
16-10-2012, 10:10 PM
On here.. Although I understand the reasons given for limiting access, With only owners or ex owners able to view any advert does seem to be a bit limiting for sellers ;)

Chris
If the advert is in the public section of this forum, anyone should be able to view them, so there must be a problem somewhere
:cool:

ceedy
16-10-2012, 10:17 PM
I've been trying to look in the items for sale section ?.

C..

Roadsterstu
16-10-2012, 10:24 PM
I didnt put any pics for mine, just a link to the Pistonheads ad as I didnt really think pics were necessary if I put the link. I could put pics, I guess.

ceedy
16-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Seems I can't see any Attached picture on any thread in there ? or even the selling rules PDF file ?? :confused:

ner'e mind off to bed now , early start tomorrow! ;)

C.

Big Dave
16-10-2012, 11:35 PM
There is an eBay link equally for mine as well but just in case it's here again

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=110963455367

jenksman
17-10-2012, 12:03 AM

Chris

I must admit I see Chris's point
We have a number of guys trying to sell their cars and Chris anxious to buy one and unable to access any of the links or photos. Can anything be done about this
Also the sellers may be missing out on selling their car(s) to someone who just browses his way into the forum
Dave

MrDoodles
17-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I must admit I see Chris's point
We have a number of guys trying to sell their cars and Chris anxious to buy one and unable to access any of the links or photos. Can anything be done about this
Also the sellers may be missing out on selling their car(s) to someone who just browses his way into the forum
Dave

I appreciate what the Forum is trying to achieve with the protected sections of the Forum, but this does sound a bit strange to me! :confused:

A bit like potential owners (I should hopefully be one soon) not being access sections of the Forum to find out potential weak spots on the car! :(

But then, what do I know? :~

Nich
17-10-2012, 08:57 AM
I don't think it is a conscious decision to restrict access to photos Dave, there are all sorts of problems such as this with the forum software vBulletin which are in the process of being sorted out.

Nich.

colintf
17-10-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't think it is a conscious decision to restrict access to photos Dave, there are all sorts of problems such as this with the forum software vBulletin which are in the process of being sorted out.

Nich.
I knew it wasnt deliberate :thumb
Now we just need a workaround :cool:

jenksman
17-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Well Chris
I've just been on to the "Public Area"
There is a section with "items for sale"
Both StewB and BigDave's cars are there
The former gives his Email address and phone number and the latter a link to the Email ad
Good hunting
Dave

ceedy
17-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I'll just sit about stroking my substantial wad :D:D..

til something big and Blue, and includes 260:love in the name ..comes along!! ;)

Chris

colintf
17-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll just sit about stroking my substantial wad :D:D..

til something big and Blue, and includes 260:love in the name ..comes along!! ;)

Chris

There is one complete with LPG at a very good price :thumb

ceedy
17-10-2012, 11:43 AM
There is one complete with LPG at a very good price :thumb

I know !!! But as I can't access any picture Arggh!!!!

it might be pink with orange spots !! ;):D

C.

colintf
17-10-2012, 12:11 PM

C.

but you can PM (Private message) the seller and as him to email pics to you :thumb

Nich
17-10-2012, 12:35 PM

C.

Thought we had sorted this particular one Chris......?

Nich.

ceedy
17-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Eek! yes :o I gather that now ;)
but those piccys didn't indicate which Ad they were for ? :D
Spotted the LPG socket now !

But isn't this all a bit hard work :D.. the basics for an advert any where else, is a bit of info, a price and a pic or 2 .. then a buyer can get into the decisions /PM's etc.

C

Thought we had sorted this particular one Chris......?

Nich.

cedric
17-10-2012, 06:08 PM
I have something big blue with the right engine !!!

Cedric

stevenw
17-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Me too,but mine's not for sale,but there's a very nice ZTT260 on Autotrader in Trophy Blue

ceedy
17-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Me too,but mine's not for sale,but there's a very nice ZTT260 on Autotrader in Trophy Blue

Well its the right colour ! :D
&
regarding my needs/desires ;) , nothing else going for it! ..

C
:GMC

ceedy
17-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I've something big & Blue too . and the second best engine!! :D

I have something big blue with the right engine !!!

Cedric

mantianak
17-10-2012, 09:50 PM
I've been having the problem of not being able to view attachments too. I do understand the reason behind it now after reading posts. Before that I thought I'd read the sticky (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?11338-Selling-items-on-this-site) in the for sale section, however the stick contains an attachment which I can't open. I take it the content of that attachment is for people selling only and not those buynig?

colintf
17-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I've been having the problem of not being able to view attachments too. I do understand the reason behind it now after reading posts. Before that I thought I'd read the sticky (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?11338-Selling-items-on-this-site) in the for sale section, however the stick contains an attachment which I can't open. I take it the content of that attachment is for people selling only and not those buynig?

if you cant see the info and are interested in the car why not PM (Private Message via this forum) the seller?? :cool:

Nich
17-10-2012, 10:42 PM
I will try to solve some of these issues tomorrow. Watch this space.........................

Nich.

colintf
17-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I will try to solve some of these issues tomorrow. Watch this space.........................

Nich.

Good luck Nich
Several people will no doubt be say with fingers crossed for a quick fix, so no pressure :thumb

Blue Thunder
18-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Mine's Blue, Mirage, and will be up For Sale in November either at the NEC or soon after. Go to my profile page and click on the photo.

Brian T
18-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Your dream has been answered! Check this section for the ad - also on AutoTrader.

It's a beauty!!

Brian

tonybubble
18-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Well its the right colour ! :D
&
regarding my needs/desires ;) , nothing else going for it! ..

C
:GMC

What is it missing Chris?

ceedy
18-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Hi tony ,
How are you these days ..?..

Regarding that one , I'm a bit fussy ? as you know ?:ash:D

That ones got a lump on the back ( I want a booty :D ) plus I just don't like body kits,
Don't Like those Single Pipe exhausts either , hey , we're all different ?
mr Original me!! ;).
& Its a tad pricey .
Apart from that its very nice !! Esp as It a MK 1and not one of those parkray fronted thingies .
:~ ;)..

You could always finish off the auto ( Soz can't remember the Number ) , paint it trophy Blue and I'd be outside your door in a mo' :D:love

Chris..

PS can see all the Ad Pics now thanks to Nich!

What is it missing Chris?

stevenw
18-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Hi tony ,
How are you these days ..?..

Regarding that one , I'm a bit fussy ? as you know ?:ash:D

That ones got a lump on the back ( I want a booty :D ) plus I just don't like body kits,
Don't Like those Single Pipe exhausts either , hey , we're all different ?
mr Original me!! ;).
& Its a tad pricey .
Apart from that its very nice !! Esp as It a MK 1and not one of those parkray fronted thingies .
:~ ;)..

You could always finish off the auto ( Soz can't remember the Number ) , paint it trophy Blue and I'd be outside your door in a mo' :D:love

Chris..

PS can see all the Ad Pics now thanks to Nich!

I believe that's the only Mk1 Trophy Blue estate(just what I want but I've got too many cars already)but if you want a Mk1 saloon in Trophy Blue you've got a reasonable chance of one coming up.I don't know exactly how many there are but I believe it's somewhere in the region of 10 or a dozen or something like that.

ceedy
18-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I thought twas more like 15 when I looked last time .. but 1 will do me ! ;)