PDA

View Full Version : Front Spring

splingebucket
20-09-2012, 07:02 PM
No 575 (facelift model) has failed the MOT with an offside fractured front coil spring. :(

Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction?

Thank you fellas.

colintf
20-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Dreadnought (Scooter on here) would be my first port of call :cool:

Herman
20-09-2012, 07:18 PM
In stock at Rimmers

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID004207

Dominic22
20-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I have a new set in the garage you can buy. I am out at the minute but will check when I get back.

colintf
20-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Dreadnought (Scooter on here) would be my first port of call :cool:

Zt pony
20-09-2012, 08:50 PM
I see they are both in stock now ( F/R )..but at the somewhat hefty price tag of £ 548.69 ( 4 ) plus delivery !! The Spring Manufacturer's I spoke to, said the price for a set of 4 would be ..half of that !!..Also..they could also make bespoke..uprated Springs for us !! Harry.
In stock at Rimmers

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID004207

Herman
20-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I see they are both in stock now ( F/R )..but at the somewhat hefty price tag of £ 548.69 ( 4 ) plus delivery !! The Spring Manufacturer's I spoke to, said the price for a set of 4 would be ..half of that !!..Also..they could also make bespoke..uprated Springs for us !! Harry.

Front springs at Rimmers are approx £100 each (including VAT)

I'm sure Brian has some as well Colin, but it's a matter of price:)

PS. Harry....................post with no CAPS...............so much better and easy to to read..............keep it up

tyrell34pt
20-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I would also look up South Lakeland Minis. They where a BL / Rover dealer and sourced a full set of rears and a single front for me all at a total price of £245.00 including postage. I had all the springs within 72 hours.

Zt pony
20-09-2012, 10:25 PM
One interesting point is...these MG Springs( Eibach ) mk1 or m11..Rimmers/ any MGR Dealers etc.....aren't they going to be EXACTLY ( had to get a cap in !! ) what's broken ..before ?????!!!! yes/ no ..????? Buggered if I want to buy something that's ..failed..before! Bad design/ bad materials/ or whatever the materials!!! ??? I think if we can get a guaranteed..British-made/ supplied Manufacturer..to make us Spring..which are guaranteed quality, at a good price, in pairs/ sets, which are..always available..surely this is got to be good news ???? And...uprated Springs...to our/ their suggested specs..again..surely a good idea ??? Harry

Herman
20-09-2012, 10:33 PM
One interesting point is...these MG Springs( Eibach ) mk1 or m11..Rimmers/ any MGR Dealers etc.....aren't they going to be EXACTLY ( had to get a cap in !! ) what's broken ..before ?????!!!! yes/ no ..????? Buggered if I want to buy something that's ..failed..before! Bad design/ bad materials/ or whatever the materials!!! ??? I think if we can get a guaranteed..British-made/ supplied Manufacturer..to make us Spring..which are guaranteed quality, at a good price, in pairs/ sets, which are..always available..surely this is got to be good news ???? And...uprated Springs...to our/ their suggested specs..again..surely a good idea ??? Harry

Harry..........you worry too much..............................Material, springs, break..............relax
Things go wrong with cars....................it happens.......................

Take a chill pill............

Quaranteed................my A**

Just get the best you can :)

Zt pony
20-09-2012, 10:52 PM
But..with our Springs, something must have been wrong with them..in some way ..or else they wouldn't be breaking with such frequency. Just as our A/C Cooling systems have acknowledged faults.yes ? My points are.. why buy what's already broken..because it's in some way a bad design/ or made with bad materials/ whatever, why pay £ 545 plus for a set, why scrat about hunting for odd foreign suppliers- to save money....when we could get a guaranteed supply of..better springs,..set up ??! And..I find it hard to chill out..when going at 140mph plus, or cornering on the limit.. ..with the possibility of your springs going ..s n a p. !!! Harry
Harry..........you worry too much..............................Material, springs, break..............relax
Things go wrong with cars....................it happens.......................

Take a chill pill............

Quaranteed................my A**

Just get the best you can :)

AndyG
20-09-2012, 11:16 PM
..when going at 140mph plus, or cornering on the limit.. ..with the possibility of your springs going ..s n a p. !!! Harry

At this kind of speed my biggest worry is the tires.

If the suspension is failing I think I would feel it before attacking a corner at the max. (My max that is).

If you want fear, ride a bike with the current road surfaces. Scary. (Trailers/Caravans coming loose off someones car comes a close second)

splingebucket
20-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks Dominic

I have a new set in the garage you can buy. I am out at the minute but will check when I get back.

Zt pony
20-09-2012, 11:25 PM
But do you get any prior warning..of impending doom..or does/do the spring./ the springs..just snap..i wonder ?? Harry
At this kind of speed my biggest worry is the tires.

If the suspension is failing I think I would feel it before attacking a corner at the max. (My max that is).

If you want fear, ride a bike with the current road surfaces. Scary. (Trailers/Caravans coming loose off someones car comes a close second)

AndyG
21-09-2012, 12:03 AM
But do you get any prior warning..of impending doom..or does/do the spring./ the springs..just snap..i wonder ?? Harry

It is suprising how many cars that have had broken springs but don't know it till the MOT test.

It is normally just a drop on one corner.

scooter
21-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Front springs at Rimmers are approx £100 each (including VAT)

I'm sure Brian has some as well Colin, but it's a matter of price:)

PS. Harry....................post with no CAPS...............so much better and easy to to read..............keep it up Did you say you would like a blower in the future

Herman
21-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Did you say you would like a blower in the future

Only if it comes with a set of front springs :) :go

splingebucket
21-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Thank you Fellas

I've ordered the spring from Rimmer Bros part No REB000590 and they confirmed it is the correct part.

Eric