PDA

View Full Version : E/Sunroof fault - help wanted please

precious metal
22-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi, have a 2004 260 SE saloon with e/sunroof. it wont self park or operate fully. i have tried resetting it and after 45 secs it clicks and parks in the tilt position rather than closed ?? is this normal.

the roof tilts fine but wont tilt close into fully closed position, it either closes then slides back open or you have to click it closed bit by bit. when roof wentto slide back it stopped half way like it was stuck or struggling then switch wouldnt operate, fuse okay. had to close with allen key and then it will partially work again on button

any help advice appreciated

thx James

gaz the gas
22-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Change the switch,go on ebay,loads on there.......

Herman
22-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi, have a 2004 260 SE saloon with e/sunroof. it wont self park or operate fully. i have tried resetting it and after 45 secs it clicks and parks in the tilt position rather than closed ?? is this normal.

the roof tilts fine but wont tilt close into fully closed position, it either closes then slides back open or you have to click it closed bit by bit. when roof wentto slide back it stopped half way like it was stuck or struggling then switch wouldnt operate, fuse okay. had to close with allen key and then it will partially work again on button

any help advice appreciated

thx James

Sounds a bit like the problem I had.

Ended up inching the roof into the closed position, then took the motor assembly off and did the reset without motor connected to the sunroof. Put the motor back in and it worked.
Now able to go from tilt to close and from slide open to closed.

precious metal
22-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Hi

thanks for the prompt reposnses, so i remove the motor from the roof panel and reset it while disconnected form sunroof panel. also noticed that the slide blind is not smooth running and is a bit loose and not sliding as normal. will this cause problems of it not going fully back

Herman
22-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi

thanks for the prompt reposnses, so i remove the motor from the roof panel and reset it while disconnected form sunroof panel. also noticed that the slide blind is not smooth running and is a bit loose and not sliding as normal. will this cause problems of it not going fully back

Make sure the roof is closed before you take the motor of and reset. Might take a few attempts (it did in my case)
The blind will not go back all the way but should run smoothly. It will hamper the roof sliding back. As the blind doesn't slide forward, closing should not be a problem

Nich
22-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Could also be the sunroof blind sliding clips. If they are broken or have become dislodged then it could cause the sunroof to jam and implement the anti-trap feature. Simple enough fix:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?8777-How-to-replace-sun-shade-clips

Nich.

Herman
22-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Could also be the sunroof blind sliding clips. If they are broken or have become dislodged then it could cause the sunroof to jam and implement the anti-trap feature. Simple enough fix:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?8777-How-to-replace-sun-shade-clips

Nich.

Isn't collective knowledge a great thing :)

precious metal
23-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks for all this, i will print off the sunroof blind / clips att.

regards james

Nich
23-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Jose is selling these which may be of interest James:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?11556-couple-of-small-bits

Nich.