PDA

View Full Version : brand new head unit for sale

jose
27-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi all
Had plans to fit a new head unit to the 260 but when the ac blew i ran out of ££ and patience.

So i have a new unused head unit from Sean aka radio guy.

http://autogpsdvds.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=48&product_id=72

Only opened the box to have a look in.
Cost me a fraction under £360
Its got the map upgrades and a 8GB sd card.

Looking for £300.
Any questions please ask
Cheers
Jose

Big Frank
28-07-2012, 09:31 PM
If it fits my Mk1 ZT260SE without a major problem then you have a sale. Hope to hear from you.

jose
29-07-2012, 08:02 PM
TBH i am not sure as i have never been in a mk1 so not sure of the differences.
It was to repalce the hiline system that came as standard.

I am sure someone else on this site knows the answer to this.

If not i will email sean to ask him as he will know.
Cheers
Jose

Herman
29-07-2012, 08:16 PM
If it fits my Mk1 ZT260SE without a major problem then you have a sale. Hope to hear from you.

TBH i am not sure as i have never been in a mk1 so not sure of the differences.
It was to repalce the hiline system that came as standard.

I am sure someone else on this site knows the answer to this.

If not i will email sean to ask him as he will know.
Cheers
Jose

It should fit without a major headache. The only problem I am aware of is the requirement for a dual aerial due to the TMC.
Should be easily solved with a splitter though.

More on DD units here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

jose
29-07-2012, 09:23 PM
yes i remember being told about extendeding the arieal as its too short but dont know about mk1's.
Many thanks
Jose

Drew
31-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I've just fitted the system from Sean, very nice bit of kit. As long as the Mk1 has a double-din hole it will fit. I had to remove the aircon panel, switches and cup holders to find the standard ISO connectors that go into the new head unit loom. THe MK1 may have only the BMW connectors in which case you need a cheap convertor lead form ebay. The aerial needs to be extended if you have the fancy BMW set up as the aerial goes into one of the boxes in the spare wheel well. I got an extender for £4.50 off ebay and threaded it round the car to the head unit. If you want to use TMC (Traffic Management Channel) then you need 2 aerial leads and an extra aerial OR a splitter. Reading the forums the splitter can cause interference and crap radio signal. I haven't bothered with the TMC, we have the traffic news in the dash anyway.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Drew

Big Frank
02-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Drew, have sent you a PM. Big Frank.

ian w
28-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Drew
do you know what the part number is for the adaptor for the little blue and white BMW connectors. strange that my mk1 cdti has the new connectors and ther v8 mk11 has the little bmw connectors

Ian

Drew
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea.

The adapter that is usually required is one that takes the very large BMW connector (2 inch square) and outputs the standard 2, 8 pin connectors. I'm not aware of one that takes the BMW connectors. My memory is shocking, but if it serves me correctly, on my car the 2 little BMW connectors went into an adaptor that converted the cables to the standard 8-pin type. This was already in the car though. I've not heard of any head units in our cars taking these little BMW connectors directly.

Initially I thought that I needed an adaptor, but after following the cable round I realised that they were already in one.

Hope that helps,

Ian

ian w
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Drew
thanks i did the same and after pulling everything out found the connector further down the loom.

Cheers ian