PDA

View Full Version : Very cheap 260

Highspeed125
18-07-2012, 06:37 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-MG-ZT-V8-260-GREY-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-BARGAIN-PRICE-/251110448186?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a77595c3a

Frightening! Not mine by the way.

colintf
18-07-2012, 06:48 AM
if thats pukka with no dodgy history, that wont be for sale for long! :cool:

kaiser
18-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Looks very good!
I just don't understand that there seems to be a manual seat adjustment in the picture, yet the front screen is heated, which I never knew existed!

Highspeed125
18-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Looks very good!
I just don't understand that there seems to be a manual seat adjustment in the picture, yet the front screen is heated, which I never knew existed!
It's the little things that made me join this forum, looking to buy a 260 and need to find out stuff.
That aside its always a worry when something is too cheap, I burned myself badly 25 years ago on a seemingly bargain buy, never again!
I have a 260 short listed and I am in talks with the owner, but to see a similar low mileage car at half the price it does make you think. At the other extreme there is a one owner ZTT on autotrader for £10k.......

Highspeed125
18-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Oh. Just spotted it's an 06/06....

X5POWER
18-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Oh. Just spotted it's an 06/06....

Good luck with the purchase it does seem very cheap. Mine is the same age and spec with more miles 37000 and i would not take less then £7000 for it.

Dominic22
18-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Well I emailed to buy it... there is no tel number I can see so emailed with my number. It has been advertised a few times before so not quite sure all is straight.

It is exactly the same photos but it is now being sold by a new seller. I cannot find the original ad but it is exactly the same details, but on one of the other ad's for it there was a hummer on the drive also.

Just be a little careful as I am sure it was "sold" last time.

Terry
18-07-2012, 11:18 AM
I too have seen this advertised and with the same photos, I personally would walk, if it's too good to be true, it usually is!

Highspeed125
18-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm not going for it, too far too soon too iffy. Would be interested to see the outcome though. I have been trying to value 260's and it's not an easy task!

AndyG
18-07-2012, 01:59 PM

WELCOME :D

List of possible 260s Meetings (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?10220-260-events-and-other-notable-MG-related-event-dates-2012-onwards) (in the Public Section).

Two-sixties Blog (http://two-sixties-blog.com/) (in the Public Section)

slydog
18-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Not with a barge pole springs to mind . As has been said if its to good to be true it usually is

MP1
18-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I remember seeing it on eBay when I was after one. It was for sale in the Welshpool area around Xmas time. The photos are the same. The new seller has no feedback & is now in Preston so I would be checking that it's not a scam. I'm sure it didn't reach It's reserve on 2 occasons.

AndyG
18-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Do we know the VIN?

PUBLIC SECTION Take care with comments please!

jenksman
18-07-2012, 04:16 PM
When I checked this out i saw some other cars listed below the main ad
One was for an RV8 at £5995 with 2 days to go
It was described as a project car, bumped, resprayed but not put back together
If the price stays near the £6g mark this could be a verygood buy
Dave

tonybubble
18-07-2012, 06:25 PM
I have it on good authority that it has had a big scrape down the nearside, which has been repaired although apparently there was no insurance claim.

AndyG
18-07-2012, 06:26 PM
I have it on good authority that it has had a big scrape down the nearside, which has been repaired although apparently there was no insurance claim.

It's only Plastic and Metal so no problem?

Herman
18-07-2012, 06:33 PM

Not if you can live with a kilo of polyfiller :)

tonybubble
18-07-2012, 07:36 PM

Well yes, but if the insurance company had been involved then it would have been written off, so a significant bash.

AndyG
18-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Not if you can live with a kilo of polyfiller :)

Sorry to tell you, even some new cars are filled to cover defects in the bodywork. (I used to work for a Ford Garage)

jenksman
18-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Sorry to tell you, even some new cars are filled to cover defects in the bodywork. (I used to work for a Ford Garage)

Whatever happened to lead
Dave

Keith
18-07-2012, 08:39 PM
That car is less than the Body Shop estimate to repair mine (with new metal and minimal filler) but otoh mine is in a proper colour so the paint must be a lot dearer :GMC

AndyG
18-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Whatever happened to lead
Dave

When I was a boy I used lead on my cars. Great fun!

Some classic car repairers still use it.

Herman
18-07-2012, 09:09 PM

Oops, what did you do at Ford?

Make the dents or fill them :)

AndyG
18-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Oops, what did you do at Ford?

Make the dents or fill them :)

Valet and PDI.

Herman
18-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Valet and PDI.

I know it's a cheap shot but.............PDI = Pre Dent Inspection???

I'll go now....:~

AndyG
18-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I know it's a cheap shot but.............PDI = Pre Dent Inspection???

I'll go now....

I did a PDI and then a mechanic took a Cosworth Sierra back to the showroom and skidded it in to 4 other stock cars in the parking area. :funny

X5POWER
19-07-2012, 10:05 AM
CN06MYF
MakeMG
ModelZT V8 260
ColourGrey
Date registered2006-07-28
GearboxManual

Vin / Chassis No.
Check Full VIN Number
Engine numberE19002708032136
recorded as stolenNo Reported Stolen
Stolen & recoveredNo
Writeoff Cat A/B/C/DNot Written off
Vehicle Identity CheckNo
Registration changesYes - See above
Colour ChangesNo
Outstanding FinanceNot yet checked
Extended overview information
Former keepers1
Last Keeper change29/07/2006
Vehicle ScrappedNo
Vehicle ExportedNo
Imported from AbroadNo
Left / Right DriveRight hand drive
Drive Type4X2
Country built inUnited Kingdom
Fuel TypePetrol
Body TypeSaloon
Engine cc4601cc
Drive AxleREAR
CO2314
Country built in

X5POWER
19-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Was on before original plate went back on G9RJF

Dominic22
19-07-2012, 11:27 AM
That all looks ok, interesting that I assume a few contacted him re the sale and no-one has had a reply.

I guess they are sometimes sold cheap. I know of a 260 that was traded in for less than £2000 recently with lookers as the owner had no idea of value and had owned it many years, neither did lookers. It went through BCA auctions with a £1500 reserve and made £5500 if I recall. So I guess it does happen.

But I would say not in this case, as there are too many other issues with the listing.

tonybubble
19-07-2012, 01:33 PM
That all looks ok, interesting that I assume a few contacted him re the sale and no-one has had a reply.

I guess they are sometimes sold cheap. I know of a 260 that was traded in for less than £2000 recently with lookers as the owner had no idea of value and had owned it many years, neither did lookers. It went through BCA auctions with a £1500 reserve and made £5500 if I recall. So I guess it does happen.

But I would say not in this case, as there are too many other issues with the listing.

Not to mention that it has the whole of one side repaired/replaced! :(

X5POWER
19-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi,
I still have my MG for sale at the price of £2900. The car is in excellent condition, garage kept and accident free. The mileage is real and I never had any problems with the engine. The car looks and works just perfect.This car got full service history. It has 30000 miles, and it has 1 previous owners. I bought it from UK and it is still registered here.

I will travel for the next couple of days and i won't be able to check my ebay messages system. If you have any questions about the car please contact me directly at ebay9231[at]gmail.com and i will get back to you as soon as possible.

NOTE: Please don't forget to put at Subject : 2006 MG ZT V8 260 GREY / £2900

Thank you,
Amanda
Primary e-mail: ebay9231@gmail.com

Herman
19-07-2012, 02:04 PM
I had the same reply and guess anyone else has as well :)

AndyG
19-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I just sent a message to invite them to the site.

X5POWER
19-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I still got the 2005 MINI COOPER S for sale at the price of £2000. The car is in excellent condition, garage kept and accident free. The mileage is real and I never had any problems with the engine. The car looks and works just perfect. I bought it from UK and it is still registered here. We live in the Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso.
We are a nice couple of pensioners (I have 64 and my beloved wife is 63 years old) and don't use the car so often. We love to spend our time on the road but now we use to travel by plane, so a car is no more useful for us. Also we sold our house and bought a big farm here in Thurso. If you are really interested we are ready to make a trip to England and meet you personally. You can take the car for a test-drive and any kind of inspection.
Please tell us where do you live? I am sure that we will find a nice city in England to arrange a meeting, a suitable place for both. We have the faith that this can be a good deal!

P.S. I appreciate if we can continue our conversation by e-mail. The mobile signal is poor here, we have to walk over 2 miles for a good phone call.

Thank you and let me know,
Philip

Both different cars, different email addresses but the same wording.

Is this a scam, as there are quite a few items on autotrader with email contact only.

defo a scam as this is a respond to another advert which was also a scam

AndyG
19-07-2012, 02:23 PM
I will be up there end of August, Ian W lives in JoG
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/606/medium/Thurso.jpg (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4747&size=big&cat=)

AndyG
19-07-2012, 02:27 PM
From the Ad: 2005 MINI COOPER S for sale at the price of £2000. ............................

£2k is a very low price????

UK search for used Mini Cooper S 249 found from £4,990 to £29,990

Herman
19-07-2012, 02:27 PM
I just sent a message to invite them to the site.

Just remember this thread is in the public section and has some discussion aound how genuine the listing is :)

AndyG
19-07-2012, 02:32 PM

Hence my earlier post........

Herman
19-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Must have missed that one :)

Danger of a long thread I suppose

AndyG
19-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Must have missed that one :)

Danger of a long thread I suppose

Worth a repeat to make my 6000th post. :~

ian w
19-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I will be up there end of August, Ian W lives in JoG
https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/gallery/albums/606/medium/Thurso.jpg (https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4747&size=big&cat=)

If indeed it turned out to be in Thurso i would happily pop round and see it. I do know there is a V8 up here that is not a member of this site and its an older couple that own it as it gets serviced at the same garage as mine but is never seen out on the roads and in fact the garage has not seen it for a while however my Wife delivers shopping for Tesco's and delivered to the guy who owns it as he was quite disapointed to find out there was another V8 (mine) up here now.

Cheers Ian

Ian

Highspeed125
19-07-2012, 03:41 PM
When you take your ZT out at this time of year, does it get covered in ...... MG Midges??
Still, even for yourself, Thurso is a good hour away, did the trip twice in the last few years!

Anyway back to topic......!

X5POWER
19-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Well it's been taken off ebay now.

Keith
19-07-2012, 06:10 PM
SCAM =

Some Consumers Are Morons

tonybubble
19-07-2012, 06:48 PM
SCAM =

Some Consumers Are Morons

Nice one, Keith if somwhat insensitive! :D:D

Perhaps Caveat Emptor as well, as we say in Rome. ;)

Keith
19-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Nice one, Keith if somwhat insensitive! :D:D

Perhaps Caveat Emptor as well, as we say in Rome. ;)

Yep you've got the idea

"Perhaps Caveat Emptor"

Keith
19-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Seriously though if the Car is a good one and someone gets it for that price then well done.

Keith
19-07-2012, 07:05 PM
OK I will go back in my box now but surely people must remember when this sort of thing was and probably still is rife on Ebay. Hardly a day went by without the forums pointing out dodgy sales it almost became as hobby amongst some of the BMW forums!

Herman
19-07-2012, 07:49 PM
OK I will go back in my box now but surely people must remember when this sort of thing was and probably still is rife on Ebay. Hardly a day went by without the forums pointing out dodgy sales it almost became as hobby amongst some of the BMW forums!

Silly Comes nAtural for soMe

FuManchu
19-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Yeah, sure off topic but Wick wasn't an hour away when I lived in Thurso.

When you take your ZT out at this time of year, does it get covered in ...... MG Midges??
Still, even for yourself, Thurso is a good hour away, did the trip twice in the last few years!

Anyway back to topic......!

ian w
20-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah, sure off topic but Wick wasn't an hour away when I lived in Thurso.

20 minutes does me

Ian

Dominic22
23-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I got an email with more photos of the car... What a scam... they have done some homework I will give them that and picking the furthest point away as location, genious... Anyway here is her/his email, with blessings from god as most of these have on;)

Of Course I have emailed back as I was bored, asking her how I pay and collect the none existent car.

Hi and sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for being interested in buying my car. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. The car will comes with MOT and Road Tax (valid till 03/2013). All documents in hand, a perfect car. The only reason of selling it, is because of my divorce with my husband. After the divorce sentence I got the rights on this car and as a woman I don`t need it(I don`t even have a driving license). I Sold the house where i was living with my husband and with the money that i received from the divorce i bought a farm here in the Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso. We will use only eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection to complete the sale. If you are serious interested and you have the funds available email me back and i will get back to you with more details about our deal. I have the faith that this can be a good deal!

P.S. Here I attached more pictures of my car !!!!

Thank you,
Amanda

Highspeed125
23-07-2012, 03:38 PM
At the very least the DVLA might have something to say, you cannot keep a car taxed without insurance, and if she doesn't drive.......
Academic really, it's still a scam.

ian w
23-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I got an email with more photos of the car... What a scam... they have done some homework I will give them that and picking the furthest point away as location, genious... Anyway here is her/his email, with blessings from god as most of these have on;)

Of Course I have emailed back as I was bored, asking her how I pay and collect the none existent car.

Hi and sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for being interested in buying my car. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. The car will comes with MOT and Road Tax (valid till 03/2013). All documents in hand, a perfect car. The only reason of selling it, is because of my divorce with my husband. After the divorce sentence I got the rights on this car and as a woman I don`t need it(I don`t even have a driving license). I Sold the house where i was living with my husband and with the money that i received from the divorce i bought a farm here in the Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso. We will use only eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection to complete the sale. If you are serious interested and you have the funds available email me back and i will get back to you with more details about our deal. I have the faith that this can be a good deal!

P.S. Here I attached more pictures of my car !!!!

Thank you,
Amanda

Suggest a visit to look at the car and I will be happy to go and have a look and get the details. I work in Thurso and will be back there on Wednesday (currently in Switzerland) and can have a look Friday or Saturday.

Ian

tonybubble
23-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Suggest a visit to look at the car and I will be happy to go and have a look and get the details. I work in Thurso and will be back there on Wednesday (currently in Switzerland) and can have a look Friday or Saturday.

Ian

But the car doesn't exist, Ian - well at least not owned by a nice divorced lady in Thurso. That's why it's a scam!! ;)

ian w
24-07-2012, 07:48 AM
But the car doesn't exist, Ian - well at least not owned by a nice divorced lady in Thurso. That's why it's a scam!! ;)

I was actually thinking more for entertainment than seeing the car just to see what the response would be
Ian

Dominic22
24-07-2012, 08:18 AM
You will be amazed Ian they have given me an address to view the car.
Here you have my address where i live: 12 Rose Street, Thurso, Highland KW14 7HH
Please tell me when you are available to see the car.
Thank you

They said I could view Thursday or Friday I said Friday they said Ok..... I am waiting for the money first email....

X5POWER
24-07-2012, 08:26 AM
You will be amazed Ian they have given me an address to view the car.
Here you have my address where i live: 12 Rose Street, Thurso, Highland KW14 7HH
Please tell me when you are available to see the car.
Thank you

They said I could view Thursday or Friday I said Friday they said Ok..... I am waiting for the money first email....

Well we have been reading about this scam and sometimes they have got the car to view. the scam is the vehicle protection plan is the scam not the car. You should only pay for the car in cash. They would email you a fake ebay (vehicle protection plan) form but this is a complete fake.

X5POWER
24-07-2012, 09:07 AM
First of all I want to thank you for the interest that you have shown for my car. The 2004 54 Porsche 997 Carrera 2 S 3.8 TIPTRONIC it is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been involved in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. It has an 44,000 mileage, 3,800cc engine, Reg Date: 01.Sep.2004, Road Tax: Apr 2009, Mot Exp: Sep 2009, V5 present, a perfect car. The price is not negotiable, £16,600.00 firm. The only thing because i am selling it, because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this car, now as a woman i don`t need it ( i don`t have driver license)... we will use only eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection to complete the sale. If you are interested and you have the funds available e-mail me your full name and complete address.
Regards,
Jeannette

This was a advert on pistonheads in 2009

I don't know what everybody thinks but if i was to get divorced the last thing the wife would get is my cars anyway.

Herman
24-07-2012, 10:41 AM
There is a vehicle protection program on ebay.com (VPP) but at the very end it states: VPP does not protect purchases on any other eBay website, including eBay's international vehicle marketplaces.

Full info here http://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/purchase-protection/index.html

You probably will have a laugh but don't part with any money. Frankly the drive up there would be too much in petrol alone.

Dominic22
24-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I know it was a fake, was just curious how far they will push it. I have not heard back yet as I asked for a contact number in-case I got lost.... Kills 10 minutes, I am off work with the kids for a few days....

AndyG
24-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Thank you,
Amanda[/I][/B]

Regards,
Jeannette

Dual personality ??

colintf
24-07-2012, 12:12 PM
send the boys (in blue) round :cool:

AndyG
24-07-2012, 12:16 PM
send the boys (in blue) round :cool:

.....................https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/image.php?u=348&type=sigpic&dateline=1301779152 :thumb

colintf
24-07-2012, 12:39 PM
.....................https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/image.php?u=348&type=sigpic&dateline=1301779152 :thumb

I wasn't thinking of me, but that's clever Andy :cool:

tonybubble
07-08-2012, 09:23 AM

Ian

Did you get to see it Ian?

Dominic22
07-08-2012, 09:28 AM
I asked for a phone number in case I was lost but the contact went dead very soon after that...