PDA

View Full Version : Blackolive for sale

black olive
13-07-2012, 01:48 PM
I may be mad, but with the imminent arrival of the RS, the 260 will be getting even less use, and Im looking for something interesting as a daily drive that the eldest can share as a first car, so here goes.

2004 04 MGZT260 SE
full SE spec, includes harmon kardon stereo, full heated leather, rear blind, powerfolds, and apex alloys.
finished in blackolive supertallic.
VIN #214 this is the last mark 1 to leave the production line

extras
Sleeved X powers
mgr twin electrics removeable towing bracket, cannot be seen when the ball is removed
full blue led conversion
white led interior lights
blackolive heater valve
260's heater hose
one off illuminated V8 starter button
260's mats
enamel 260's grille badges
ford motorport 75mm throttle body and gas flowed plenum

mot and tax until TBD
full evans halshaw service history to 40000 miles. receipts for all parts including plugs changed thereafter.
K+N air filter
4 good conti tyres.

Bad ( or not as good ) bits

the alloys are slightly scuffed, if Im being honest could do with taking off in the winter and being refurbed
very slight paintwork crack on the rear bumper corner where someone has touched it in a car park
slight drip from the diff ( diff oil has been changed at 45000 ) I check the level regularly

Im putting it on here first as I would like it to go to someone who will cherish the car ( I have offered it to the lad I am buying the RS off as he asked for first refusal ) and am in no rush to sell.

£6495 ovno

Pics to follow

Dont worry guys, I wont become a stranger, and the heater valves will remain in supply.

colintf
13-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Noooooooooooooooo not you as well?? :cool:

ColinE
13-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Gutted.................

ksilver
13-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Come on Steve you're just kidding ... again ... right?

black olive
13-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Im just putting it out there and see what hand fate deals, as Ive said over on the tiger forum I wont be going anywhere, too much love for you guys, it would be a wrench, but at the end of the day it needs to be enjoyed and used, and it isnt here atm, which isnt doing it any good

scooter
14-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I have to agree that cars need to be used as sitting around does them no good. Because of this I have decided NO NOT THE ZT400 but my Ferrari and Mini Coopers S are going the Ferrari had a full service belts and all then only went as far as the MOT station total mileage for the year 16 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Tried to get Paul and Claire to use it but they are not interested. As for the Cooper S enjoyed rebuilding it to as new but to much like hard work to drive about in so will sell it as its as new.

colintf
14-07-2012, 06:46 PM
sorry to see you selling them Brian. I am sure you have a special connection with them both. :cool:

jenksman
14-07-2012, 07:44 PM
What a familiar scenario
My RV8 has clocked up only the return mileage to the MOT Garage for the past 2 years and was taxed for both years, and this year where Il still have a chance of doing a few miles
Dave

I have to agree that cars need to be used as sitting around does them no good. Because of this I have decided NO NOT THE ZT400 but my Ferrari and Mini Coopers S are going the Ferrari had a full service belts and all then only went as far as the MOT station total mileage for the year 16 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Tried to get Paul and Claire to use it but they are not interested. As for the Cooper S enjoyed rebuilding it to as new but to much like hard work to drive about in so will sell it as its as new.

Martin
14-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I assumed that using my ZT-T as a daily car was heathen now I am not so sure.............always use a car as that's what is was built for me thinks..............still has the paint in the back and the ladders on the roof .................too far I guess..........................

Stu C
14-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Sorry to see you're selling Mr Olive! But i guess these things happen. Hopefully you'll end up keeping the 260 :)

But i must say it is nice just to jump in the V8 and go for a blast. Always use the Rover 25 at the moment, and with 3 quaters of a tank of diesel could have quite easily got there and back to my nans in Harbourne today without moving much on the guage.

Grabbed the keys and then thought sod it, grabbed the MG keys and took the V8. Used half a tank proper driving down country lanes, so what lol! Even had a guy walking along the pavement on the opposite side of the road at one set of light stop and watch the car and ask what engine was in it, made my day :D

Fingers crossed you keep it Steve, but make the effort to use it and you'll know to keep her :) If not, wish you the best in future in all your projects!

ColinE
14-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I have to agree that cars need to be used as sitting around does them no good

i think this is why those of us using the 260 as daily drives have fewer issues, air con, rad etc than the high days and holidays cars

2V8s
14-07-2012, 10:37 PM
yeah I can understand this too.

Mind you - I have 5 cars, excluding the family Espace, 4 of which are taxed and tested, and I do manage to use all of them even though I also cycle to work several times a week. But I too have been wondering if its time to let one go. Cant pick on though so for now they all stay :-) .

black olive
20-07-2012, 01:53 PM
now on pistonheads. photos later http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4080648.htm

AndyG
20-07-2012, 02:15 PM
..............still has the paint in the back .........................

In cans I hope. :ash