PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard trim?

Les4048
07-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi guys, I now have my ZT-T home. One question about the trim. The dashboard is grey with a rough texture and it looks like a granit finish. Can anyone tell me what it's called and how do I look after it. I think Autoglym would stain or spoil it and I don't want to do that. Thanks

Herman
07-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Hi guys, I now have my ZT-T home. One question about the trim. The dashboard is grey with a rough texture and it looks like a granit finish. Can anyone tell me what it's called and how do I look after it. I think Autoglym would stain or spoil it and I don't want to do that. Thanks

I just clean mine with a soft damp cloth :) Don't use any of these so-called dashboard clean / shine products

Les4048
07-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Thanks for reply. I'll have to be very careful when cleaning the vinyl above it with Autoglym. I thought cleaner would spoil the look of it

ksilver
07-07-2012, 08:03 AM
There are options of what you can do with the dash; when you go green (get your questionnaire back to Tim to get full access to the site) there is a thread on monogram dashes.

In 317 it came with the same grey finish as yours, (there is an earlier version which was the same colour but smooth and shiny), but I have put a real wood dash into it.

The monogram options included solar red as can be seen on eBay just now might be nice on yours?

Les4048
07-07-2012, 08:45 AM
There are options of what you can do with the dash; when you go green (get your questionnaire back to Tim to get full access to the site) there is a thread on monogram dashes.

In 317 it came with the same grey finish as yours, (there is an earlier version which was the same colour but smooth and shiny), but I have put a real wood dash into it.

The monogram options included solar red as can be seen on eBay just now might be nice on yours?

I did think about giving it several coats of clear lacquer to seal it in and smooth it off but I've grown to like it the way it is. Seriously considered copying the car on e bay but now I've seen my one I'll leave it. Got loads of other cleaning etc to gt car to level I think it deserves. Pics will be posted as I carry it out

colintf
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
its "Technical Grey" :cool:

torque2me
19-06-2013, 01:18 PM
<cut>

<cut>

How did you acquire a wood dash? Rover 75 old stock perhaps or some other method?

Kev

greeners
19-06-2013, 01:23 PM
How did you acquire a wood dash? Rover 75 old stock perhaps or some other method?

Kev

Look on the 75 Owners Club site, plenty of cars being broken with wooden dashes in...

tonybubble
19-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Kev

Kev, I have an early (real wood) dash if you want one. Regards, Tony.

torque2me
05-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Kev, I have an early (real wood) dash if you want one. Regards, Tony.

Would that fit a Mk.II ?

Kev

colintf
05-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Would that fit a Mk.II ?

Kev

Yes :cool:

colintf
05-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Would that fit a Mk.II ?

Kev

Yes :cool:

Nich
05-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Would that fit a Mk.II ?

Kev

Not managed to sort your phone line out yet Kev?

If you returned your questionnaire then you could access a lot more information yourself. :)

Nich.

torque2me
02-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Nich,

Have I got the phone line sorted yet? Well.......the line now works fine for voice but when I fire up the old e-mail client either the dialer dies or a link in the client then bombs out. The e-mail client has been working without a hiccup for 20 years now without trouble until the line just went dead. The problem got better after the Virgin (probably not literally) engineer came round to check it and then replace some connectors. After that it's been iffy. When one connects to a voice/keyboard acivated menu - pressing, say, 1 drops the line. Mysterious! I've spoken to the same engineer since but he says the job's a good 'un.......but he would say that wouldn't he to ensure his bonus? I would be thinking of a corrupted file which usually is deleted but hasn't been deleted due to the line issue. However, why the issue with selecting from a menu?

Weird.

Kev