PDA

View Full Version : The Unique 2008 ZT-T 190 SE As Seen At NEC Classic Car Show - 8250 Miles Only.

tonybubble
19-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm seriously thinking about selling this one off car:

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/tonybubble/Swapsy002-1.jpg

Still drives like a new car.

Please PM me for further details and/or make me an offer. ;)

Tim
19-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Lovely looking car that. Why are you thinking about selling Tony? Wedding fund?

ksilver
19-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I remember the talk about this one a while back, didn't realise you bought it.

With your knowledge of the marque how different is it, and how difficult would it be for someone without your skill and knowledge to maintain?

tonybubble
19-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Lovely looking car that. Why are you thinking about selling Tony? Wedding fund?

Hi Tim, Not this time, it's back to the 07 fund! ;) Main reason is that I'm not really using it after the initial flurry of miles.

I remember the talk about this one a while back, didn't realise you bought it.

With your knowledge of the marque how different is it, and how difficult would it be for someone without your skill and knowledge to maintain?

My skill and knowledge is extremely limited, Ken. The car was a testbed for the Euro 4 conforming engine - under the bonnet it appears near identical to the Roewe 75 and MG 7. In some 1800 miles I have done nothing to it apart from a routine service and new MOT.

MIKE ZT-T
19-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Nearly bought this car when it was for sale at an MG Garage in Staffordshire last year, very nice to drive, but...... it was a development car, with loose wire under bonnet for traction control, computer plug in behind dash, also T4 Diagnostics cannot read ecu. Some advised that the car should never have left the factory, and although log book said it was a 190+, emissions etc were not for the engine fitted, possible insurance issues here I believe! I was looking to convert back to standard 190 spec, but would have cost circa 3k. Spoke to previous owner, who had a lot of electrical issues and ended up suing garage he bought it from, he also stated that the car was allegedly bought for a minimal sum from the administartor, before being sold immediately privately, then traded into a a national dealership network.Also think car tax is on the high side.

SteveChilds
19-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Likewise Mike, I saw it when it was at the dealer and it really should never have left the factory. Its a development car through and through and really shouldn't be on the road. If anyone buys it, the best thing to do is as you suggested, revert it back to Mk2 spec under the bonnet, but it wouldn't be cheap.

I can only imagine insurance is one gray area - sure, they may agree to cover it but was it ever involved in a smash, a) getting specific parts for it would be impossible and b) if the investigator was clued up enough, it could well end up with insurance being withdrawn.

I appreciate this isn't going to help Tony sell it, but really, it should never have left LB.