PDA

View Full Version : 260 and German TUV (TÜV)

schoppa
28-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Hi,

looking around for 260 since a few days it seems that some 260s have smooth modifications. Colin told me in a private email, that MG XPower Exhausts and Acufab throttle bodies may be a problem with our TUV (we call it TÜV). Are there any further experience? What is a no-go for the German TÜV?

Tom offered help with headlamps. Is this possible to change Bi-Xenon headlamps from LH to RH (costs?).

May be could collect some of these points in this threat to give German enthusiasts a better overview.

Ciao
Marcus

Stu C
28-04-2012, 11:04 AM
It would be interesting to know what do the Mustang owners do in Germany re the throttle bodies. If they change them to accufab/BBK maybe try to find out how they go about putting through the modifications on what is the same engine :)

colintf
28-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Hi Marcus

Ciao made me smile. I deal with 2 Italian companies on a daily basis!!

Tom and Klaus are probably your best bets as both have got their cars through TUV :thumb

Good luck in the search.

If you buy a car here with XPowers, no problem, they are sought after here and you could easily sell them on again!

:cool:

Herman
28-04-2012, 10:26 PM
As far as I know, all changes have to be recorded in the German Logbook

When you don't have the ABE/Gutachtung, you can try to get it done via "kostenpflichtiger Einzelabnahme"

That may prove to be a costly route though..........

Klaus
29-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Passed TÜV with accufab and custom built back boxes on without any question.
The TÜV didn´t mention that Tom´s rocket was charged.
260s are a miracle here;-))))))

Herman
29-04-2012, 09:16 AM

Just as well probably :)

So basically show up, don't say anything about modifications and see what they say ???

colintf
29-04-2012, 09:08 PM

well thats good to know then!!

why did Tom sell his XPowers then? I thought it was due to TUV?

Klaus
29-04-2012, 09:21 PM
well thats good to know then!!

why did Tom sell his XPowers then? I thought it was due to TUV?

Right Col, they are unexperienced in 260s but not blind.
The xpowers literally are a shout to wonder.
A further reason why I love the line of the genuine quads on my custom welded ones;-))
And whats about accufab? Never heard. Must be standard, hehe!

BUT: When homologating mine for germany, the TÜV-man put the yellow Bilsteins and the Eibachs into my papers as a service to me to prevent any trouble in future.
A very comfortable situation to change onto the VHS kit without the hassle of re-homologating the car after conversion. Thanks mate!

Klaus
29-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Just as well probably :)

So basically show up, don't say anything about modifications and see what they say ???

Yes, in my eyes that´s the option to bring the car on the street and then have the time for homologating the mods.
Shut up at the TÜV and only answer his questions.

colintf
29-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Right Col, they are unexperienced in 260s but not blind.
The xpowers literally are a shout to wonder.
A further reason why I love the line of the genuine quads on my custom welded ones;-))
And whats about accufab? Never heard. Must be standard, hehe!

BUT: When homologating mine for germany, the TÜV-man put the yellow Bilsteins and the Eibachs into my papers as a service to me to prevent any trouble in future.
A very comfortable situation to change onto the VHS kit without the hassle of re-homologating the car after conversion. Thanks mate!

thats good then :thumb

tomcat22
02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
My rocket is not through yet, as the new engine is not yet fitted.
The complained the metal brake hoses, the tinted front windows, the eibach springs although original and some other small not car specific things

The Xpowers were too loud for the missus, I am still toggling about their noise