PDA

View Full Version : V8 I'm looking at ...

Terrorfex
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/used-cars-for-sale/rover/75/14515229

This V8's been pointed out to me. The price is attractive - almost a V8 on a budget! - but I'm a bit wary of the high(er) mileage compared to a lot of other V8s I've been looking at.

Any opinions/thoughts?

Coasting
04-04-2012, 10:29 AM
The car is being discussed in the members section and there appears to be some healthy interest in it, so you might have to move quick

The miles wouldnt put me off, you need to check it has been looked after more importantly than the miles,

At that mileage I would have though a lot of common things have been done, but a lot of things seem to go around 60k so you would need to check,

EG Fan motor, suspension etc and a good service history

There is an old thread possible about this car:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=192281

Not sure if it is a member here selling so may be out of the club scene but was at least once enthusast owned

I would say reasonable price for mileage and definaletly not many white ones around!

Nich
04-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Wouldn't worry too much about the mileage Andrew, generally accepted that they are only just run in at this mileage, pretty solid lumps. Some discussion about a slightly confused interior trim but apart from that ........it's WHITE.......:) You either love it or hate it I suppose, personally I think it looks good and if I had the money I would buy it, there aren't many R75V8's around and one in white must be pretty rare if not unique. I have a ZTT and so cannot really comment more specifically but nothing adverse has appeared so far.

Adding to Coasting's post, check for 5000 mile servicing.

Hope this helps and good luck, might be helpful to put your location in to help members see whereabouts you are.

Nich.

Terrorfex
04-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I asked a few questions about its service history. Unfortunately, being up in the Highlands of Scotland means moving quickly just isn't possible without taking risks and spending thousands on a car I've not seen in the flesh.

Unlikely I'll get there before the other members do. Ah well.

Thanks for your input!

Terrorfex
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Just got off the phone with them. Six months left to run on the MOT. While this is a long shot, are there any members locally who would be able to take a look at this car on my behalf? I'm too far away to hit almost-London at such short notice.

colintf
04-04-2012, 12:14 PM
that looks really nice - good luck :thumb

Terrorfex
04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Just an update: Last serviced at 84,000 miles; on the 7th of February, MOT expired at the end of March, though,

Terry
04-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Just an update: Last serviced at 84,000 miles; on the 7th of February, MOT expired at the end of March, though,
I'd expect a new MOT to be put on before purchase, so a point of negotiation perhaps?

Terrorfex
04-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Absolutely. I need to be able to drive it off the court, after all.

ColinE
04-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Just got off the phone with them. Six months left to run on the MOT. While this is a long shot, are there any members locally who would be able to take a look at this car on my behalf? I'm too far away to hit almost-London at such short notice.

I've responded to your PM on this issue

ksilver
05-04-2012, 07:30 PM
You must be beside me somewhere.

I have nearly 130,000 on my MG and it just gets better, these cars wear mileage really well. I wouldn't worry about 85,000 miles I reckon mine was in the 90's when it got ran in. Also the help and advice available on here and the proximity of Brian at Dreadnought in Callender makes ownership a breeze.

Tim
06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Anyone know why this one got pulled? Spoke to the trader this morning and he came up with some cock and ball, then a while later phoned Andrew saying it was not for sale anymore. :( :( I did not tell him anything about me and the club but wonder if he thought he could up the price.

jimbo
06-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Anyone know why this one got pulled? Spoke to the trader this morning and he came up with some cock and ball, then a while later phoned Andrew saying it was not for sale anymore. :( :( I did not tell him anything about me and the club but wonder if he thought he could up the price.

Reckon so, it did seem rather cheap from a trader, got his sums wrong maybe?

Advert still live though at £4995 http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/used-cars-for-sale/rover/75/14515229

Terrorfex
06-04-2012, 04:59 PM
I had my dad phone up and pretend to be an unconnected, "interested" punter but got the same message, "Car withdrawn from sale."

Ah well. The search goes on!

colintf
06-04-2012, 05:57 PM
that's sad. If it's meant to be, it will be :cool: