PDA

View Full Version : As it was such a nice day yesterday...

spartacus
29-03-2012, 06:54 AM
... I thought I'd give the4 car a wash and brush up, which is quite therapeutic in a strange way.

Anyway, over the course of the few hours I was out there buffing, three different people stopped to pay a compliment... not to the shiny 260, but to the red Spider sat next to it waiting for a wash :ash

Seems like a big black V8 will never have the pulling power of a small Italian soft top. Ho hum. And, I don't think any of the blokes that stopped for a chat were hairdressers!

peterv8
29-03-2012, 08:15 AM
... I thought I'd give the4 car a wash and brush up, which is quite therapeutic in a strange way.

Anyway, over the course of the few hours I was out there buffing, three different people stopped to pay a compliment... not to the shiny 260, but to the red Spider sat next to it waiting for a wash :ash

Seems like a big black V8 will never have the pulling power of a small Italian soft top. Ho hum. And, I don't think any of the blokes that stopped for a chat were hairdressers!

That's because they only see the outside, it's what's underneath that counts.:-)

Roadsterstu
29-03-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm aching after washing and claying the car yesterday evening and getting up early to polish it this morning. Ive never used a claybar before but what a revelation! And it makes waxing so much easier. The result is quite satisfying.

AndyG
29-03-2012, 02:24 PM
That's because they only see the outside, it's what's underneath that counts.:-)

Thats what I tell the GF. :~

"Beauty is only skin deep"