PDA

View Full Version : MG ZR TD 2002 Trophy Blue

greeners
03-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Little run around diesel, 5 door in Trophy Blue, 108,000 miles, Im the 4th owner Unusually has aircon fitted.

Some history but I've spent over a £1000 in the last year. MOT until October 2012 and taxed until March 2012

5 Alloys, and had a new set of tyres all round last year.

New pads and discs, turbo, battery steering pump and so on

Bodywork is average with a few rust scabs in the normal places.

Car is CAT C as it suffered a low speed front end impact, It's had replacemet pair of headlights, bumper and bonnet. There is a small crease on one wing.

It averages between 45 and 48 mpg.

A cracking little car and I'm only selling it as its a bit small for me now and need something with a bigger boot.

£1750 ono

I'll post some pictures up later.

ColinE
03-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I thought this was your run around in the place of 146???? Does that mean your keeping her

AndyG
04-02-2012, 02:41 PM
How does the diesel compare with petrol for acceleration/road sports driving and insurance difference?

I am looking for a ZR but need performance? for me and low insurance for my son.

colintf
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
If the heavier 115hp ZS is anything to go by 50mpg overall. On the move if caught right it's pretty quick. Never seems quick from a standing start. They also did them in 101 hp form

Watcg the steel oil cooler pipes - they corrode and can spring a leak under pressure!

:cool:

Stu C
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
How does the diesel compare with petrol for acceleration/road sports driving and insurance difference?

I am looking for a ZR but need performance? for me and low insurance for my son.

Great little motors, i love my 25 diesel :) Having had 2 L-series Rovers before it's a cracking engine and like Colin says can easily get 45-50mpg on run. Get a Rover Ron MAFAM box on it, wind up the turbo a couple turns and stick a decat on (no need on a diesel for MOT) and is really zippy around town. Also pulls good when overtaking on the motorways as well.

Insurance isn't too bad for the Rover, not sure on how they would see it being the MG version, but judging by those who have them is very reasonable.

Shame this didn't come up in October, i'd have taken it straight away :(

colintf
05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
see what Peter Best can do for insurance Andy ? :cool:

greeners
05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I thought this was your run around in the place of 146???? Does that mean your keeping her

Alas no, all cars are going for one replacement.....

ColinE
05-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Oh well - one could hope