PDA

View Full Version : zt 385 for sale

LINDEN CAHILL
31-01-2012, 07:34 PM
with regret the sale of my car has not being completed,
no-ones fault and wont go into the reasons either.
no mud slinging,ect-its just not going to happen.
SO here it is again,full mot,6months tax 3 new tyres and ready to go
£12000 or very,very close offer.
desperate to sell,
i have offerd it to the other member on here who wanted it at the same time,
i shall be puting it on ebay and pistonheads also
thanks

colintf
31-01-2012, 07:35 PM
is this a sign Linden?? :cool:

X5POWER
31-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Sorry to hear about that Linden i hope you find a buyer soon.

colintf
31-01-2012, 07:46 PM
this has to be the best one on the market at the moment that we know of.

If I was looking, it would of been a done deal by now (13 minutes after Linden started the thread!) it's a no brainer!

If for whatever reason you decide to sell the plate seperate Linden, please let me know!

:cool:

Merl
31-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh no sorry to hear that Linden :( If I was after one there would be no hesitation by me.

If the new person doesn't want the xpowers though point them my way ;)

colintf
31-01-2012, 07:55 PM
each time I see Linden's avatar I think to myself I would love to own that ZT385

All I would do is transfer my Monogram blue dash into it.

Bainzi
31-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Me and my big mouth! Sorry that youve got to go through this again mate.

Coasting
31-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Stop teasing us!!

I still dont have the money!! :(

PS Sorry to hear your woes though in all seriousness...

PX?!

Herman
31-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Stop teasing us!!

I still dont have the money!! :(

PS Sorry to hear your woes though in all seriousness...

PX?!

Tell me about it. I was told I can't spend more money on doing up the car :( by my finance manager (wife)
Strange thing is I am allowed to look for a bike. Maybe she likes the look of leathers :)

tonybubble
31-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Tell me about it. I was told I can't spend more money on doing up the car :( by my finance manager (wife)
Strange thing is I am allowed to look for a bike. Maybe she likes the look of leathers :)

Or she might be looking at your life insurance policy. ;)

LINDEN CAHILL
06-02-2012, 10:43 PM
car now on pistonheads

Merl
06-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Sorry to see it go on pistonheads but hopefully someone will pick it up! It is one of those where if most of us would buy it if we didn't already have one.

I know it's a long shot but if you want to sell the xpowers seperately then I might be interested ;)

Good luck Mate!

Klaus
07-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Saw your car on PH today.
Good luck with the sale!

colintf
07-02-2012, 06:45 AM
http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-1t.jpg (javascript:void(0))http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-2t.jpg (javascript:void(0))http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-3t.jpg (javascript:void(0))
http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-4t.jpg (javascript:void(0))http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-5t.jpg (javascript:void(0))http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-6t.jpg (javascript:void(0))
http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-7t.jpg (javascript:void(0))http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-8t.jpg (javascript:void(0))http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3620/3620383-9t.jpg (javascript:void(0))

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3620383.htm

good luck with the sale Linden

monty48
07-02-2012, 08:40 PM
with regret the sale of my car has not being completed,
no-ones fault and wont go into the reasons either.
no mud slinging,ect-its just not going to happen.
SO here it is again,full mot,6months tax 3 new tyres and ready to go
£12000 or very,very close offer.
desperate to sell,
i have offerd it to the other member on here who wanted it at the same time,
i shall be puting it on ebay and pistonheads also
thanks Linden Just to say thanks for your reply this afternoon on PH - I am sure the other members would be able to add weight to you vehicle so to speak, and as I am over 300 miles away from You it may take me a little time to arrange to get to see your car (give weather, Wife ect) I understand to a degree you situation and should you have others looking or wish to buy will understand, but will contact ASAP if I can arrange quickly enough, thanks Andrew

black olive
07-02-2012, 08:48 PM
If its any help I can vouch for the condition of the car, its a stunner, and having driven it albeit on a wet road, the power delivery and supercharger whine blow you away, its worth every penny of the asking price

monty48
07-02-2012, 09:17 PM
If its any help I can vouch for the condition of the car, its a stunner, and having driven it albeit on a wet road, the power delivery and supercharger whine blow you away, its worth every penny of the asking price thanks for your information, the more I can get the better. Understand that tis car is as new regards parts ect but any other views would add weight to my cause (wife!!) thanks again

ColinE
07-02-2012, 09:28 PM
This is simply one of the finest examples there is - immaculately prepared and maintained, a credit to him and one that many of us would like to own should the funds permit - or put it another way, if I win the lottery tonight, it'll be mine all mine

Herman
07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
This is simply one of the finest examples there is - immaculately prepared and maintained, a credit to him and one that many of us would like to own should the funds permit - or put it another way, if I win the lottery tonight, it'll be mine all mine

Did you remember to buy the ticket this time :) ??

ColinE
07-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Did you remember to buy the ticket this time :) ??

Damn, I knew there was something I meant to do

monty48
07-02-2012, 09:44 PM
This is simply one of the finest examples there is - immaculately prepared and maintained, a credit to him and one that many of us would like to own should the funds permit - or put it another way, if I win the lottery tonight, it'll be mine all mine May not need the lottery (just yet) but would not say no! anyway thanks for your coments,as I say given the price of the car (don't think much room for haggling) need to get as much information as possible to convince the wife 600 mile round trip was worth it !

colintf
07-02-2012, 10:15 PM
if i already didnt own #242 this would be the one to go for :thumb

Herman
07-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Saw Linden's car last year at a meet. It's an absolute stunner and well worth the dosh.
If I had an understanding wife, the money and room for another 260 it wouldn't be up for sale right now.

It would be good if it would go to an enthusiast...........so make the trip and your wife will understand on the way back :)

Bainzi
07-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Hi Monty,

If you have the money, buy it before someone else does! I have a Roush Supercharged car myself and having driven my standard car for 14 months before I added the S/C, the supercharged car wins hands down. The car puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, what more can you ask from in a car?

Regards

Nigel

re-tread
08-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Hi Monty

I drove my standard 260 for 3½ years before Linden did the Roush transplant about 10 months ago. Big, big grin when I picked it up from him but always drooled over his car and the effort he was putting into it to make it just right. It's stunning.

Take a look at this Youtube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rFB2bZmc7k&feature=context&context=C3940830ADOEgsToPDskL58LJ_spGqW_wbzlBwcpMu ) of my car at Croft. The noise of that supercharger wine should convince you but if not just go and have a look at Lindens, take the cash with you and expect to take the long route home. Your resulting grin will be measured in feet.

Life's to short not to.

Merl
08-02-2012, 12:41 AM
If you have driven a normal 260 and enjoyed it then Lindens will blow ou away! I have seen this car many times and if I hadn't already of supercharged mine then I would be buying this one. The supercharger makes this car drive how it should have left the factory. The stereo system is top spec from an BMW M3 from the era so what would have been put into ours next and even now costs over £1k second hand to update to that spec.
Superchared cars are very few and far between (had a spate recently though) when they come up for sale and this for the price can't be beat especially if you want a one off.
Linden is a top bloke and has spared no expense on this one and that little extra spent now will be worth it in the long run, getting a cheaper car would be false economy especially if you are after a supercharged car or getting a supercharger fitted.

Talking myself into buying it now lol. Honestly if this was before mine got supercharged I would buy this and sell mine!

monty48
08-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Thanks gents for all your reply's - have sent e-mail to Linden, just need to overcome the 300 mile trip (due to work ect) to have a look

Thanks to you all

Coasting
08-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Thanks gents for all your reply's - have sent e-mail to Linden, just need to overcome the 300 mile trip (due to work ect) to have a look

Thanks to you all

If you have the dosh to hand and you like the colour, I dont know what you are waiting for!

If I had the dosh, we wouldnt be having this conversation and I would be hooning up the road with a big smile on my face!

FuManchu
08-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Indeed Martin, pretty much what I said to Linden recently when he put in my engine, even though I had the new Roush stood by waiting. But, I've had my car since new and am somewhat attached to it. In any case, I specifically wanted a Mk1 and I prefer Starlight.

Bad luck Linden; whoever it is who messed you about has missed a good car; the 'Real Deal' 'Zt385' so to speak. I thought it was taking a while and, excuse me for mentioning it, but I believe was responsible for putting my car back, a bit.
In my opinion you sold it cheap anyway; it's worth top dollar anybody whose interested and looking.

monty48
08-02-2012, 02:57 PM
If you have the dosh to hand and you like the colour, I dont know what you are waiting for!

If I had the dosh, we wouldnt be having this conversation and I would be hooning up the road with a big smile on my face! Sent e-mail to Lindon to see if I can look at his car Saturday, just waiting for his reply

Terry
08-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Sent e-mail to Lindon to see if I can look at his car Saturday, just waiting for his reply
I have only seen the pictures of the car and read about it, I have to say what everyone else has said, I would if I had the money buy it without hesitation.
Stunning colour, a fine example, would make a lot of owners envious of you.

reeder139
08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Monty, I don't think you need to hear any more positive comments about this car but I'll throw one in just in case...

I have seen the car and had a go in it, it really is as good as everyone is making out. Looks fantastic in what I think is the best colour and it's properly quick.

You won't regret seeing it at the very least.

monty48
08-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Monty, I don't think you need to hear any more positive comments about this car but I'll throw one in just in case...

I have seen the car and had a go in it, it really is as good as everyone is making out. Looks fantastic in what I think is the best colour and it's properly quick.

You won't regret seeing it at the very least. no problem in any more coments, have left a e-mail with Lindon to see if I can look at he car on Saturday - just need to confirm then buy train ticket and away we go !

LINDEN CAHILL
08-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Indeed Martin, pretty much what I said to Linden recently when he put in my engine, even though I had the new Roush stood by waiting. But, I've had my car since new and am somewhat attached to it. In any case, I specifically wanted a Mk1 and I prefer Starlight.

Bad luck Linden; whoever it is who messed you about has missed a good car; the 'Real Deal' 'Zt385' so to speak. I thought it was taking a while and, excuse me for mentioning it, but I believe was responsible for putting my car back, a bit.
In my opinion you sold it cheap anyway; it's worth top dollar anybody whose interested and looking.

to be honest i was not messed about it was just a series of unseen circumstances as to why the car was not sold before,i call it life.
didn,t affect the build time on your car frank as i only work on mine own vehicles when i am stuck with customer cars,
regards to all

monty48
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM
to be honest i was not messed about it was just a series of unseen circumstances as to why the car was not sold before,i call it life.
didn,t affect the build time on your car frank as i only work on mine own vehicles when i am stuck with customer cars,
regards to all Linden did you send a E-mail to my work address this afternoon re looking at your car Saturday - got a early day for a change - if you have then no problem I will pick it up in the morning, just need to know if this is possible re traveling up to see you. Thanks Andrew

LINDEN CAHILL
08-02-2012, 08:57 PM
hi andrew
yes i did,
and yes i will be around on saturday
thanks

monty48
08-02-2012, 09:03 PM
hi andrew
yes i did,
and yes i will be around on saturday
thanks Thanks Linden - will confirm inthe morning but think I could with you around 12 / 1PM (if the train is on Time!!!) Thanks Andrew

Tim
08-02-2012, 09:20 PM
oh oh oh, train! looks like a completed questionnaire coming soon ;)

(if the train is on Time!!!)

Coasting
09-02-2012, 08:52 AM
oh oh oh, train! looks like a completed questionnaire coming soon ;)

It is a done deal if someone is going to suffer the indignity and pain of public transport!!! As well as cost! It is usually cheaper to V8 it!

monty48
09-02-2012, 10:30 AM
It is a done deal if someone is going to suffer the indignity and pain of public transport!!! As well as cost! It is usually cheaper to V8 it! Let the train take the strain !! (On the way anyway)

Merl
09-02-2012, 10:43 PM
I remember when I got mine I only booked a one way ticket to london gatwick! and I had never seen the car.... Tim jad spoke to the owner though and another member off here knew of it...

If you buy it and find the xpowers too loud then I might be interested in buying them ;)

ColinE
09-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I remember when I got mine I only booked a one way ticket to london gatwick! and I had never seen the car.... Tim jad spoke to the owner though and another member off here knew of it...

If you buy it and find the xpowers too loud then I might be interested in buying them ;)

Just might!!!

Merl
09-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Just might!!!

Well the might is dependant on price ;) I do have standards that can be put on so yeah all depends on the price!

monty48
09-02-2012, 10:51 PM

If you buy it and find the xpowers too loud then I might be interested in buying them ;) Will have to see but, my other car is is a TR6 so may not be to bad

Thanks Andrew

Merl
09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Will have to see but, my other car is is a TR6 so may not be to bad

Thanks Andrew

Haha yeah :) it is wishfull thinking on my half really! but I have a backup plan in place!!! that may be even better than xpowers ;)

monty48
09-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Well we will give it a go and see ! may be geting a bit older but still like a good sound track

Merl
09-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Well we will give it a go and see ! may be geting a bit older but still like a good sound track

You won't be disappointed!

LINDEN CAHILL
11-02-2012, 02:16 PM
You won't be disappointed!

car now sold to monty 48,
he has just driven off in it and i am quite gutted to say the least,
decent guy and he loves the car
cant ask for more than that

ColinE
11-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Congratulations and commiserations all at the same time!

Merl
11-02-2012, 02:27 PM
What Colin says!

Thought it would be a done deal and really do feel for you mate :(

Congratulations Monty you have a lovely car there! Hope to see you at one of the club events.

colintf
11-02-2012, 04:44 PM
good but sad news also Linden. Chin up mate :cool:

LINDEN CAHILL
11-02-2012, 08:31 PM
good but sad news also Linden. Chin up mate :cool:

thanks guys,
i said i would keep the zt untill i could no longer drive,this is how much i loved and felt for the car,and also the marque.
today i feel deflated ,you fellas know how i feel and treasured that motor,
as it happens i am sure its gone to a good home and a very nice genuine new owner.
gulped a bit as monty drove off and i have been wishing him a good trip home.
i am not and will not leave the forum,because i have been in touch with and met so many of you that i could not sever my emotional attachement with you guys and the cars you have,its been an excellent and life changing time for me during my 260 ownership.
i have met a crossroad recently in my life and decided the 260 must be sold for reasons i have posted about before,
so thanks to you all
thanks to the new owner,big time,and enjoy my efforts
speak soon
linden x

Herman
11-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Good man Linden, don't be a stranger...........

Sure you'll be around these woods for a while :)

Difficult times but all the best.............

tomcat22
11-02-2012, 09:07 PM
every end is a new beginning. :)

nice to hear it came into good hands

monty48
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
thanks guys,
i said i would keep the zt untill i could no longer drive,this is how much i loved and felt for the car,and also the marque.
today i feel deflated ,you fellas know how i feel and treasured that motor,
as it happens i am sure its gone to a good home and a very nice genuine new owner.
gulped a bit as monty drove off and i have been wishing him a good trip home.
i am not and will not leave the forum,because i have been in touch with and met so many of you that i could not sever my emotional attachement with you guys and the cars you have,its been an excellent and life changing time for me during my 260 ownership.
i have met a crossroad recently in my life and decided the 260 must be sold for reasons i have posted about before,
so thanks to you all
thanks to the new owner,big time,and enjoy my efforts
speak soon
linden x Just like to say a huge thanks to all who gave their coments about Linden & his car, all of which are 100% deserved in my book, and of course a special thanks to Linden for not only today but for all his work over the last few years to enable me to have enjoyment for many years to come I'm sure . Thanks again to All

ColinE
11-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Get the questionnaire Tim sent you on registering completed and returned and he'll update your membership status and a whole new world will open up to you

You'll also get access to the shop :D:D:D

Oh and by the way - congratulations

PS If you can't find the questionnaire, PM me your email address and I'll send one across

re-tread
12-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Hell, Linden posted he'd sold it at 2.16pm and Monty replies at 10.19pm. I thought you would take the long route home Monty but you must have filled her up twice at least on that route. Seriously though congrats and welcome to ownership.

All the best Linden and I'm sure you will still have more than a few 260's in the garage. I'll be calling you in a couple of weeks to get mine in for an MOT and big service. Chin up mate.

Tim
12-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes, best wishes to you both for different reasons. I'm sure you will get a opputunity to get another one at some point.

colintf
12-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Glad to hear that you will be sticking around here still Linden :cool:

monty48
13-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Yes, best wishes to you both for different reasons. I'm sure you will get a opputunity to get another one at some point. Tim, thanks for wishes.
I have tried to send my questionnaire through to you but am having a problem e - mailing it at the moment ! - Spoke to Pete Best insurance this morning and I need to be a member of the MGOC to get a good deal on the policy - do I need to send the form back to you to get membership or do I do it through the MGOC web site please?

Thanks Andrew

Merl
13-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Tim, thanks for wishes.
I have tried to send my questionnaire through to you but am having a problem e - mailing it at the moment ! - Spoke to Pete Best insurance this morning and I need to be a member of the MGOC to get a good deal on the policy - do I need to sends the form back to you to get membership or do I do it through the MGOC web site please?

Thanks Andrew

For the two sixties it's the mgoc. For peter best it's mgoc or mgcc.

monty48
13-02-2012, 03:58 PM
assume I need to join MGOC via their web site rather than through 260 questionaire ?

Bainzi
13-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Yes Monty. How was your trip home?

monty48
13-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks for that - car drove like new on the way home 300 of the most enjoyable miles ever !!

Big Dave
13-02-2012, 05:15 PM
It's a great feeling isn't it?

Did Brighton back to Preston when I bought mine last year. Fantastic....

Coasting
13-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Think we need to see some more pics too!

Congratulations BTW, I am officially jealous of you! :toast

monty48
13-02-2012, 06:39 PM
It's a great feeling isn't it?

Did Brighton back to Preston when I bought mine last year. Fantastic....

It sure is ! just to start up gives you such a good feeling - then when you drive and feel the
rush it's just magic, such a nice drive so easy and relaxed.:)

Tim
13-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Yep, but just send the questionnaire with confirmation of your intent to join and the world of V8 will open up to you. As long as you back it up with your membership number once it arrives. :)

assume I need to join MGOC via their web site rather than through 260 questionaire ?

monty48
13-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Think we need to see some more pics too!

Congratulations BTW, I am officially jealous of you! :toast not sure What is BTW ?

Herman
13-02-2012, 08:08 PM
not sure What is BTW ?

BTW = By The Way, that is IIRC :)

monty48
13-02-2012, 08:10 PM
What a silly Ass I am !!! thanks for that

colintf
13-02-2012, 08:18 PM
What a silly Ass I am !!! thanks for that

being westcountry isn't that Silly Arse!! ??

Good to see another one down in these parts :thumb

monty48
13-02-2012, 08:27 PM
being westcountry isn't that Silly Arse!! ??

Good to see another one down in these parts :thumb Yep think you could be right !
as for Wecountry never lived any where else and would not want to