PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Revs
29-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Hello Folks,

I have just signed up to try and arm myself with some useful info and hope to buy into your exclusive club.

I currently have a Y plate 75 Conni SE CDT which I've had for just over a year- she might have 177K on the clock but having sorted all the possible problems the diesel engine can throw up, and a couple of others like the rear lights letting water into the boot and the cruise control switch, she now drives exactly how she should and I love the old girl and all the toys she comes with, and she drives much better than my other motor - a Grand Scenic.. sorry - I thought I'd better say that quietly! The 3rd car in my collection - a 1965 Chrysler Newport 4 door sedan, 6.3L (383ci) V8, makes up for that though I think! A rolling resto is planned on her, the mechanics seem sound, as does the shell, but she needs a bit of bodywork tidying which is planned as we use her.

I was bitten by the V8 bug at an early age, and the Chrysler was my 1st when bought last year. But I'd like something that I could use on a more regular basis than the Chrysler, which is where the ZT comes in! Don't have the readies to be able to buy the £7k + examples that are out there at the moment, was looking more around the £4 - 5K mark.

Sorry for running on a bit, but looking forward to enjoying the V8 rumble more regularly! My name's Lee by the way...

ColinE
29-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Welcome along Lee,

Any questions - ask away and the collective will be more than happy to answer

Anything specific you're looking for?

Revs
30-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the welcome Colin,

Had a snoot around before I joined up so have an idea of what to look for in terms of what can go wrong specifically with the 260's.

I did unsuccessfully bid on Matt's that was on eBay a few days ago, and I have PM'd David about no. 146 that is hopefully still for sale so we'll see what comes of that. Other than that, just keeping my eye out on here, pistonheads, eBay etc to see if anything interesting comes up.

Lee

colintf
30-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi Lee and welcome :cool:

Terry
31-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Hi Lee,
You will have plenty of advice on this forum, everyone has a common interest and it's a great one at that. V8's have a charm all to themselves, I'm into my seventh month of 260 ownership, love it! Also have a 1968 Rover P5b with the 3.5 V8, two cars a 16 cylinders and addictive sounds. Enjoy your search.

Terry
31-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi Lee,
You will have plenty of advice on this forum, everyone has a common interest and it's a great one at that. V8's have a charm all to themselves, I'm into my seventh month of 260 ownership, love it! I also have a 1968 Rover P5b with the 3.5 V8, two cars, 16 cylinders and addictive sounds. Enjoy your search.:)

Malcolmr
01-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the collective Lee. Hopefully we will assimilate you soon...