PDA

View Full Version : Green Oak Steering Wheel

JakeWilson
21-01-2012, 01:01 AM
As above for a project, either one that has turned the infamous green or beige that they go!

Cheers,

Jake

jimbo
23-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Jake if I ever get round to replacing the one on mine I'll give you a call - mind you every time it looks like I can afford one some other cost comes along.......

Zt pony
24-01-2012, 01:10 AM
On the wheel front. DID they ever make/ can you get.. Black Leather & Walnut Wheels ??? Will ANY wheel from any MG/ROVER.. fit a 260 . I like the beige/ walnut wheels ..that the " Radio Guy ".. seems to keep ebaying alot.But..one minute they are 180 quid or so, then they are something like £ 250 !! plus |£28 postage !! Not cheap !!
Want want to team up with a walnut dash etc !!

jimbo
24-01-2012, 01:20 AM
All the steering wheel's throughout the range of 75/ZT's will fit the 260 - so you've got quite a choice. Not sure if I'd be paying what Radioguy wants for a chinese copy though - don't think they ever saw the inside of an MG factory, but that's only my opinion.

3disco
24-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes,I have a perforated black leather and walnut wheel on my 75 tourer.:)

Zt pony
24-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I HAD.. wondered about " the source" of those RG'S Wheels myself Jim !
Was yours stock..or did you ..add..3Disco ?..can't find any pics of them
Wonder..IF.. anyone makes a Boss Kit.. for ZT/75'S ETC ???? Motolita don't.. was toying with idea of a.. none oem.. Walnut Wheel..or a smaller Leather Wheel ie 12".
BUT.. of course..then no A Bag/switches ! Wonder if air bags make much difference ..ar the end of the day ?

I find the wheel, as is, a little bigger than I'm used to.. it's 14" isn't it..shocked me when measured the other day.. thought it was 13" !!!
( as the vicar said to the nun !!! )

ColinE
24-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Wonder if air bags make much difference ..ar the end of the day ?

My dad was hit head on by a drunk driver - airbag saved his life - no brainer from my point of view

3disco
24-01-2012, 11:59 PM
I bought mine from smc ,a genuine MG/ROVER part.

Zt pony
26-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Suppose your right Colin..better to have a bigger wheel and be ..alive, than have a small wheel.. and be dead !!!.. As the ancient philosopher said !!! Harry

JakeWilson
31-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Jake if I ever get round to replacing the one on mine I'll give you a call - mind you every time it looks like I can afford one some other cost comes along.......

Sorry for the delayed reply Jim and many thanks - I know of a guy who has reconditioned light oaks to a walnut finish so would like to see if he can do the same for black oaks. I've a punched ZT one I was going to put on in the time being.

Merl
31-01-2012, 08:57 PM
I posted ages ago as I'm after one for painting so if anyone comes across one as well or Jake if your guy can't do it....