PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with my project, ECU etc

insheepsclothing
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Hi,I am new to the Forum and hope that at the moment as a non Rover/MG owner that I am welcome here.Having said that after doing my research I am thinking I would like a Rover 75 version of the 260 as it has the auto box..
Anyway here is my story.I have bought a new 260 V8 engine and auto box along with back axle assembly.My intention is to fit it into a Triumph Stag.I have had all the usual it wont fit and why etc etc,however I have had several Stags over the years and I am not a fan of the engine.
This Stag will be my last build (as Im getting to fat and old to do anymore)and I wanted to put a brand new engine and trans in with the hope of not having to remove it again.
I have done my rough measurements and its a very tight fit if it goes at all.Im trying to get hold of a V8 subframe to offer up but as yet no joy.
Anyway the bit that is phasing me the most is the electrics.Im a points and condenser man from my 70's training and have been out of the workshops for many years now.

Can anyone give me info on the ECU set up to get the engine running.I believe I need the Engine ECU,gateway ECU and the correct key.,and eventually someone to programme it.If I buy used and as a set will it run my new engine.If I buy new components what do I have to do.I would be grateful for any info..Many thanks

colintf
06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I have a soft spot for Stags. Dad has one.

I can't help you with you answers, but go for it with the transplant :thumb

colintf
06-01-2012, 06:42 PM
you have a private message :cool:

re-tread
06-01-2012, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure if this will help at all. Found it on the All Ford Mustangs forum.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/Code001/Misc/9904gt.png

I'll get a snapshot of it and pop it in the gallery.