PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to a paying member - how do I alter my acocunt to show the pics?

cris_19010689
20-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

Have bitten the bullet and joined the MGOC. I now have my membership no - 311431-12
how do i link that to my forum account on here so that i can see the pics on the forum?

Cheers, Chris

Coasting
20-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Do you have a V8, sorry if I missed it, but I think you need car as well :)

Herman
20-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Hi all,

Have bitten the bullet and joined the MGOC. I now have my membership no - 311431-12
how do i link that to my forum account on here so that i can see the pics on the forum?

Cheers, Chris

MGOC membership and owning a V8 is what gets you into here

When you registered you should have received a form to fill in

Once done you should be OK

ColinE
21-12-2011, 12:13 AM
But that does not explain why he can't see images in the public section

AndyG
21-12-2011, 01:03 AM
But that does not explain why he can't see images in the public section

Hopefully green will sort it out.

Are there any other non members who can not see pictures in the public section?

Happy Christmas to all MG enthusiasthttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/xmas-smiley-003.gif

cris_19010689
21-12-2011, 06:59 PM

To be honest right, the idea of registering on here was to find out more about these cars and have a unique insight into what to look for when looking to buy one. Whats the point in registering in order to see images of cars for sale if you already own one?? No offence to anyone but that fallacy is pants and it stinks. I love the mg 260's and I will get one eventually (mid 2012 probably) but it seems that this forum is very "hidden" and seemingly you have to be a member of an elite group in order to have full access...sadly, im fast losing interest in this forum which is a real shame as I would love to be fully included. Is there no way of "altering" my profile to include my MGOC number??? or will I have to re-register...again?! maybe i'm being thick or maybe the 9 days solid at work has finally had an effect on my computing capabilities...

cheers

Tim
21-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I've checked through the permission etc and it should allow viewing of the gallery for Registered users so I'm stumped to what the problem could be. Justin are you able to look at this? We'll sort it out Cris.

To be honest right, the idea of registering on here was to find out more about these cars and have a unique insight into what to look for when looking to buy one. Whats the point in registering in order to see images of cars for sale if you already own one?? No offence to anyone but that fallacy is pants and it stinks. I love the mg 260's and I will get one eventually (mid 2012 probably) but it seems that this forum is very "hidden" and seemingly you have to be a member of an elite group in order to have full access...sadly, im fast losing interest in this forum which is a real shame as I would love to be fully included. Is there no way of "altering" my profile to include my MGOC number??? or will I have to re-register...again?! maybe i'm being thick or maybe the 9 days solid at work has finally had an effect on my computing capabilities...

cheers

Coasting
21-12-2011, 09:16 PM

cheers

I can see it being frustrating, but I dont think the problems you have viewing pictures are intentional, ie I think you should be able to see the pictures, it is just a technical issue that is preventing you rather than a desire to keep you out.

Hopefully one of the techies will sort it out for you. feel free to ask us if you want one us to send you pics of something in the meantime.

Nich
21-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I've checked through the permission etc and it should allow viewing of the gallery for Registered users so I'm stumped to what the problem could be. Justin are you able to look at this? We'll sort it out Cris.

I've just logged out of everything and then gone back into the forum as a guest. Without logging in again I can view the gallery as a guest. Strange........

Nich.

AndyG
22-12-2011, 01:57 AM

Do you just use one computer or do you have access to others?
Try using another computer to access the site, see if you can see the pictures.

The members section challenge comes up sometimes. It suits owners, but can be a problem :o

I have registered (but rarely go) on other sites since my ownership (of my ZTT, F, Speed Triple), this site is the only one that is pertinant to the purpose and not full of ill informed (& stupid0 posts.

Bobles
22-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm another non-owner who is unable to view pics of cars for sale.
Have mentioned it numerous times but still occurs.
I usually send a PM to advertisers to get their images sent privately but not all sellers can be bothered.
Bob.

cris_19010689
22-12-2011, 11:35 AM
I've just logged out of everything and then gone back into the forum as a guest. Without logging in again I can view the gallery as a guest. Strange........

Nich.

Lol don't suppose you would be willing to post the full web address you had in your web browser when you could see the images as a guest would you?

cris_19010689
22-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Do you just use one computer or do you have access to others?
Try using another computer to access the site, see if you can see the pictures.

The members section challenge comes up sometimes. It suits owners, but can be a problem :o

I have registered (but rarely go) on other sites since my ownership (of my ZTT, F, Speed Triple), this site is the only one that is pertinant to the purpose and not full of ill informed (& stupid0 posts.

I have access to two other computers and an I-pad - none of these will give me access to any pictures on the forum whether I am logged in as a guest or as a "public" member...fully stumped by this one!! I guess when I have the funds I will have to just ask the sellers of cars which sound like the types I would be interested in to forward their images to me but it would probably end in 99% of the time that it is a fruitless exercise if the car doesn't look how I intend my car to be. All this would be solved if the blummin' pictures would load

Nich
22-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi Chris,
The problem you are having is not unique, the new vBulletin software is quirky in the area of galleries and access arrangements. There have been times when even though full members have been logged in when they view the gallery they are asked to login again. It must be frustrating but bear with us, we will sort it out.

Try this:http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/zeeteetee/Tangmere%20-%20Enjoying%20MG/

Nich.

Nich
22-12-2011, 04:57 PM
OK, just tried it on a 'clean' computer. Went to the main site front page, clicked on the image which then gave me the 4 options, info-gallery-forum-featured car. Clicked on gallery-events-Tangmere and the thumbnails display but when I clicked on one of them it asked me to register but in the top right hand corner I clicked on login and used a generic username and password with limited access rights, this logged me in and allowed me to view the images full size.
When I went back to the forum it allowed me to view but when I went to post a reply to a thread it asked me to register again, I clicked on login again and entered the generic username and password with limited access which then allowed me to post in the public area
I wonder whether people trying to gain access are being put off by the message asking them to register rather than using the login link in the top right hand corner?

Hope this helps.

Nich.

colintf
22-12-2011, 05:36 PM
OK, just tried it on a 'clean' computer. Went to the main site front page, clicked on the image which then gave me the 4 options, info-gallery-forum-featured car. Clicked on gallery-events-Tangmere and the thumbnails display but when I clicked on one of them it asked me to register but in the top right hand corner I clicked on login and used a generic username and password with limited access rights, this logged me in and allowed me to view the images full size.
When I went back to the forum it allowed me to view but when I went to post a reply to a thread it asked me to register again, I clicked on login again and entered the generic username and password with limited access which then allowed me to post in the public area
I wonder whether people trying to gain access are being put off by the message asking them to register rather than using the login link in the top right hand corner?

Hope this helps.

Nich.

that's what I get as well :cool:

cris_19010689
23-12-2011, 12:22 AM
that's what I get as well :cool:

i have full access to the entire forum apart from images posted in posts mainly on the "for sale section" this happens whether i am logged in or not

Nich
23-12-2011, 10:09 AM
You probably have full access to the entire public section of the forum. The issue regarding images within posts, whichever section they may be in, is to do with where they are stored, some upload their images to the gallery and put a link in their post to the gallery, others upload to a hosting site such as photobucket. I would imagine that the images you are having a problem viewing are those uploaded to the forum's gallery which takes us back full circle.

Do you see a thumbnail in the post or a placeholder instead of the image?

When you visit the gallery, if you use the login can you then see the full size images?

Are you able to access the link I posted above in post#14?

Nich.

cris_19010689
23-12-2011, 12:37 PM
You probably have full access to the entire public section of the forum. The issue regarding images within posts, whichever section they may be in, is to do with where they are stored, some upload their images to the gallery and put a link in their post to the gallery, others upload to a hosting site such as photobucket. I would imagine that the images you are having a problem viewing are those uploaded to the forum's gallery which takes us back full circle.

Do you see a thumbnail in the post or a placeholder instead of the image?

When you visit the gallery, if you use the login can you then see the full size images?

Are you able to access the link I posted above in post#14?

Nich.

The screenshot is what i can see when i look at all posts with images in them. then when i click the image link, it just tells me i dont have sufficient permission or that my account is awaiting activation
I can access the link you posted in #14 yes

Nich
23-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I know it's not the ideal way but using your screenshot as an example, if you navigate to the Two-Sixties Gallery, select Members Galleries and then select s in the alphabetical listing in the centre of the screen. Then select Stefano (the member posting the images you want to view) and click on the thumbnail (not his name!) then you should be able to view the images he has attached to his post. You may have to use your login to view the gallery.

I know it's very unsatisfactory but try it and let me know if it works, in the meantime I am hoping that we can sort out the permissions to avoid this problem in the future.

Nich

cris_19010689
24-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the guidance Nich, that method does work in order to view the images and I didn't have to re-log in.

to be honest, im not overly bothered about which method works, as long as I can see the images :D have a good xmas

Nich
24-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Good news Chris. Still not ideal but at least there is a workaround.

Have a good Christmas.

Nich.

picturetest
24-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I can confirm blue dudes do have access and glad you are okay now Cris. Testing around it is all okay.

Happy Tim

torque2me
12-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I agree. Not owning a vehicle should not preclude membership. Other clubs I have been a member of have had tyre designers, exhaust designers, engineers from the manufacturer and other such sources. Whilst they may have, at some point, have owned the necessary vehicle it was obvious when they wrote a letter or article that they did not presently have possesion of required vehicle.

I joined the Marcos Owners Club (donkey year's ago) to obtain information and views to enable me to have some confidence when I went to view if/when tempted to inspect an available car. I've always advised people that is the way to go - become informed on the vehicle and thus be armed with knowledge.

Looks like another thing that has changed, like use the chnage down the gears allow the engine torque to help with de-accellerating - now it's "gears up, brakes' down" advice.

Kev

AndyG
12-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Looks like another thing that has changed, like use the chnage down the gears allow the engine torque to help with de-accellerating - now it's "gears up, brakes' down" advice.
Kev

We don't have an Advanced Driving Section.

There are different uses of the brake acceleration techniques.

I use both de-acceleration and brakes to slow down, depending on the road conditions.

The more brakes you use, the more petrol you use.

.:offt sorry