PDA

View Full Version : more TADTS questions from the newb!

AntB
30-11-2011, 11:26 PM
now i'm a little worried, my car (it would seem) is number 026, as those are the last three numbers of its VIN. so it's probably a little more experimental than the other 260s i fear........

it hadn't had the heater pipe mod done, now what should i look for as far as the orange fuel clip goes, does anyone have an image of what the fitted pipe should look like?

i have found the clip, just in case it hasn't had it done, it's part number
WJC000230

from Rimmer Bros it would appear

TIA as ever :)

oh, and yes, my dashboard does occassionally give me a little red wink occassionally, it obviously knows i'm 'the one' for it :p

Tim
01-12-2011, 07:53 AM
If you look through the technical and shop gallery you will see pictures of the hose, the Two-Sixty hose is shiny and has silicone 'wrapping'. because of the age of our cars now things like water through the A pillars into the carpet and control modules is going to be very rare but while you are in your nubbie anxious stage (quite common) you might as well check under the carpets in the two front foot wells. Stick your hand in between the felt and pan. If wet let us know.

I'd be making sure the tray is there, new plugs go in, check the coils for cracks, change the oil and filters. Look for two horns while the bumper is off for the air filter (Put a K&N back) Can be done by keeping the bumper on but not sure your garage knows how to do it. Check the running of the fan as these are weak on all 75/ZT's. Also check the drains, just under the pollen filter and nearside next to the bonnet hinge

Check to see if the bonnet pull has been reversed and clipped; car may need tracking adjustment check the tyre tread for uniformity. You may have insulation around the gearbox, if so thats good but may be hanging so needs watching. Check the diff box for seal leakage, while looking may as well replace the diff oil.

ZT-T do suffer from water getting through the seal on the opening rear window but an easy fix.

Mentally walking around my car so may have missed some but other bods will mention.

Also if you look through the library index a good few of the questions you are about to ask will be there like, what oil to use. ;)

All the above is from years of discussion so you would be very unfortunate to suffer every check above so don't be worried. Anxious yes as we all have been there. :)

ksilver
01-12-2011, 08:01 AM
oh, and yes, my dashboard does occassionally give me a little red wink occassionally, it obviously knows i'm 'the one' for it :p

Think of it as a pulse, they all do it, something to do with the language barrier between the Germans (BMW) and the Americans (Ford).

AntB
01-12-2011, 08:37 AM
cheers both.

my anxiousness is well founded, my previous proper car (before serving some time with a hateful turd 1997 volvo v40 1.9td) was a 02 2.2 vx220, so i know what 'low volume' tends to lead to.......

that had problems before lotus even had them out of production (with a lot of help from GM) and mine had a shedload of warranty work done. so as you say i'd rather have a worry now than another roadside escapade later.

the garage has apologised that the OEM hose didn't turn up yesterday, so it probably will be a case of replace it once, then replace it for good with the silicone jobber :D

ColinE
01-12-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm not a million miles from you so if you want to meet up to have a chat about it just let me know

Hose was posted at 7 this morning so fingers crossed it'll be there in the morning

Oh and the funds have shown up - thanks

black olive
01-12-2011, 12:43 PM
welcome. clip info

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?1498-Fuel-clip-info&highlight=orange+clip

and another

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?8885-The-famous-orange-clip&p=95757#post95757