PDA

View Full Version : retro fit rear sunblind.

Mark
30-11-2011, 01:47 PM
i would like to get my hands on one of these if anyone knows where i can get one or if someone has one for sale.

Many thanks
Hans:o

colintf
30-11-2011, 01:53 PM
manual or electric?

If electric, with or without rear parcel shelf?

:cool:

Mark
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Hi, errrr electric please, and when you say with or without parcel shelf? i guess with it would be easier to fit. would need switch too.

Dominic22
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
As per PM I have an Electric one. Had a look and cannot see the switch but it is here somewhere..... It is already wrapped in bubble wrap as it was never used. Let me know if you want it. Only caviot is.

If it is possible try and get one on a parcel shelf it just saves a bit of work. If you are doing it your self it is easy as you have the time the template is there, if you are taking it to a garage to do. Buy it already on the shelf as it would possible take another hour's labour to cut and glue.

You can have my Electric one no switch not on a shelf if you like. £18 posted.

Mark
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Thanks, sorry i wnet into it not thinking properly. i will try and find one on a shelf and get the switch and panel too. if i cannot find one on a shelf then i will give you a shout. thanks Dominic22.

Bainzi
01-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Hans

See the below

This one without a switch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-Rear-Shelf-Electric-Sunblind-TESTED-OK-/170693768023?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27be243357

or the one I would get with the switch.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-MgZt-rear-electric-sunblind-and-switch-beige-/370563021553?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item564746faf1

Regards

Nigel

ColinE
01-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Is not the rear parcel shelf on the V8 darker than that on the FWD ZT/75?

Or is that just my eyesight?

Bainzi
01-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I dont know Colin,

But if Hans follows my How To he can use his original shelf anyway.

ColinE
01-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Indeed, my point was if it is a different colour then one would need to be looking on ebay for one from a V8 which may take some time to find, hence refitting to the existing shelf may be the best option.

So if Hans is looking for a shelf & blind he need to be sure what colour he's looking for

spartacus
01-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Meh... I find rear sun blinds the same as leaf vacuums, in that you only use them once or twice a year. Just put your shades on and save yourself some cash and time.

Mark
02-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Indeed, my point was if it is a different colour then one would need to be looking on ebay for one from a V8 which may take some time to find, hence refitting to the existing shelf may be the best option.

So if Hans is looking for a shelf & blind he need to be sure what colour he's looking for

yes i think my shelf is darker than that, i will look into this more and as most of you say maybe best thing to do is use my existing shelf. i may leave this until after christmas as i need to organise myself to find time to do this.

Sparticus - i would almost use it everytime it were sunny winter or summer its for my Daughter and my baby (due March). facing backwards into the sun its easier to have a blind ready at the press of a switch.

Stefano
02-12-2011, 10:56 AM
yes i think my shelf is darker than that, i will look into this more and as most of you say maybe best thing to do is use my existing shelf. i may leave this until after christmas as i need to organise myself to find time to do this.

Sparticus - i would almost use it everytime it were sunny winter or summer its for my Daughter and my baby (due March). facing backwards into the sun its easier to have a blind ready at the press of a switch.

Hans,
have fitted manual blind to my car and use it all the time. Got if for my grandchildren. Cost me £20 and took 10 mins to fit and its really easy to put up and down. I am two miles from you so if you want to look come on over. You have my number on previous pm's
Regards
Steve

Mark
02-12-2011, 12:16 PM
thanks steve i'll be round soon its so busy at home at the moment. im sure i PM'd you back didnt i?

i like the idea of having electric blind but certainly looking into it when crimbo is over and done with.

Stefano
02-12-2011, 03:44 PM
You did and I replied?
Steve

greeners
07-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I fitted mine to the original shelf, easy as later shelves have the mounts in place (well should have)

If you want to come over when its warmer, I'll fit it for you

You need the blind
Switch
Fascia panel with additional hole.