PDA

View Full Version : Block and heads for sale

Cribbit
29-11-2011, 12:16 PM
My 260 has just been made into a zt400 with the help of a Dreadnought charger conversion. I also opted for the fitting of SHM forged short block, and fitted new heads while i was at it.

This means i now have for sale the original block and heads. The engine has covered 46000 miles, so it's just nicely run in, and was always serviced at the recommended intervals.

The block is a short block, ie no front and back covers, no pulleys, chain guides.... It is the block, pistons, rods, and crank.

The heads are currently removed from the block to allow it all to fit into the box it's being stored in. It's all being stored at Brians garage, Dreadnought, in Scotland.

I am looking for £400 for the lot, but will consider splitting the sale into two parts for the block and heads seperately if required.

Either reply to thread or PM me with your interest.

Thanks.

colintf
29-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Enjoy your supercharged V8 Chris :thumb

What sort of power / tourque is it producing now?

:cool:

Cribbit
29-11-2011, 01:05 PM
To be honest, i don't exactly know. Brian now refrains from taking converted cars to the rolling road after a bad experince with one. I can only assume it's around 410bhp with 420 lbft, as that's what i think they normally come out at. The SHM block is just for my peace of mind so i don't have to worry about over revving, it doesn't actually add any power. It does allow you to up the power with more boost if you want, but the box won't take too much more power while staying reliable.

For now at least, plenty is the best answer to how much power and torque it has!

colintf
29-11-2011, 02:19 PM
To be honest, i don't exactly know. Brian now refrains from taking converted cars to the rolling road after a bad experince with one. I can only assume it's around 410bhp with 420 lbft, as that's what i think they normally come out at. The SHM block is just for my peace of mind so i don't have to worry about over revving, it doesn't actually add any power. It does allow you to up the power with more boost if you want, but the box won't take too much more power while staying reliable.

For now at least, plenty is the best answer to how much power and torque it has!

Plenty is a good answer Chris!

Liking the new Avatar https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/image.php?u=17504&dateline=1322572190 :thumb

Cribbit
29-11-2011, 02:25 PM
I need to talk to VHS about coming up with a proper logo, but it'll do! Glad you like.

ksilver
29-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I used to have VHS, but always preferred Betamax !!! :~

brrm
14-12-2011, 05:10 PM
This means i now have for sale the original block and heads

Out of idle interest, is the diameter of the cylinders enough to fit an average wine bottle? ;)

colintf
14-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Out of idle interest, is the diameter of the cylinders enough to fit an average wine bottle? ;)

Nice idea :thumb

brrm
14-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice idea :thumb

Well, I was considering the whole Top Gear coffee table thing... ;)

AndyG
14-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Well, I was considering the whole Top Gear coffee table thing... ;)

I as thinking, a good place to put 8 empty bottles in.:idea

James C
14-12-2011, 08:01 PM

What? Only 8 bottles? Pfft. I'd at least want a 20 cylinder Locomotive engine for storing wine in ;)

Martin
14-12-2011, 08:51 PM

Hi I think your figures for the BHP are close, I had mine done outside for reasons that suited me at the time. the re map gave me these figures 417BHP but the torque for the car was somewhat different due to the type of S/C a twin screw apparently gives you bags of the stuf again I can only quote my spec and I have just checked my read out
and it is 475 @ 3391 RPM beat that you screamers (BMW AUDIS AND MERCS) per liter.............ok ok will be proved wrong............but a great feeling when you pass them with the ladders on the roof.........................

Big Frank
18-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Not too sure how Newton Metres compare to pounds per foot but how does 570 nm at 3000 rpm sound like as that's what I am now getting from my remaped 3ltr V6 Audi A6 Quattro TDI! Still love my 260 though.

Herman
18-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Not too sure how Newton Metres compare to pounds per foot but how does 570 nm at 3000 rpm sound like as that's what I am now getting from my remaped 3ltr V6 Audi A6 Quattro TDI! Still love my 260 though.

570 Nm = 420 lbs ft